“Excellent Hotel”

Ramada Encore Bournemouth
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is an excellent place to stay in Bournemouth as it is close to the sea and the town but with its own parking and adjacent bus-stops which allow you to access frequent services. The hotel has a minimalist style in the bedrooms but they are superbly clean and well serviced. The management is efficient and friendly, coping well with a confusion caused by a Booking.com error and solving the situation with a suitable compromise. The whole staff were friendly and efficient and the breakfasts were good and the restaurent meals good and very sensibly priced. Overall a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Rooms down the side of the hotel, especially towrads the east are light and noticeably quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
WestyBournemouth, Director of Sales at Ramada Encore Bournemouth, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for your review and I am glad we managed to solve the mix up for you. We are very lucky with our location and look forward to your next visit.
Gosport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My partner and I visited Bournemouth three years ago and enjoyed our stay but when we arrived at the Ramada Encore for our two night stay, we discovered there were no carpets in the room but laminate flooring. This wouldn't be so bad if there were adequate heating but with no radiators and just an air conditioning unit which blew out cold air constantly even on full heat setting left me freezing the whole stay. I slept in my PJs with my clothes on top as there was only a thin quilt and no extra blankets in the room. The first night there was a strong smell of cannabis on our floor and when we reported it to reception they apologised and said they couldn't do anything about it. On the second night at around 19:45 we caught a guy in the stairwell urinating off the first floor banister down to two floors below. We reported this to reception and they were apologetic and I did feel bad for them as they seemed under duress and I wondered if they constantly had to deal with this ill behaviour which is strange as it isn't what I would call a budget hotel. We returned from seeing a show and asked about 24hr food and bar but one member of staff seemed to try and put us off and said we could walk up the road and get some food instead. As I felt like I was putting him out asking for food at 22:30 we went back out and got something instead. I know I can't mark this hotel down for the other guests that had an input into ruining our stay but the freezing room and the luke warm service means I would not visit this hotel again which is a shame as the hotel is decorated to a good standard, was clean and has the potential to be a great place.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
WestyBournemouth, Director of Sales at Ramada Encore Bournemouth, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
I am very sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at our hotel and I am even more surprised about the incident which happened. This is by no means the norm for our hotel and I will speak with my team about this.
Cropthorne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a short stay at this hotel, which we found to be excellent value. The room and facilities were very well looked after, the air-conditioning worked well and the bed was very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the quality of the food was very good. Altogether a good experience. Well done, Ramada, Bournemouth!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review, I couldn't of said it better myself. We hope to see you again soon.
Morden
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The hotel seemed to be very professional with friendly staff.
The room was clean but one of the bedside lamps wasn't working.
It is situated in close proximity to buses.
The heating was a little hit or miss.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your review and I am sorry the bedside lamp wasn't working, I will check with my maintenance team to make sure this is resolved.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed on a Saturday night and we had a great time. The hotel was excellent value and included cooked breakfast buffet and parking (which there was plenty of) also wifi which was a bonus! we had a good night out and they even gave us a spare key when we lost ours! The staff were great. Overall a nice hotel and excellent value.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
To read the phrases 'the staff were great' and "excellent value" in a revue is wonderful. Thank you for your comments.