“Bournemouth”

Ramada Encore Bournemouth
Ranked #17 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
WestyBournemouth, Director of Sales at Ramada Encore Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

There are newer reviews for Ramada Encore Bournemouth

Reviewed 26 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed here for a 2 night, midweek break. The hotel was very conveniently located, being a short walk to the pier, promenade, town centre shops and attractions. We used the onsite car park which was free and very convenient.

The hotel itself was nicely appointed. We asked for a room on a high floor, which gave us a view of the sea over the roof tops and was very quiet. The room was clean and spacious, well decorated and contained everything that we needed, including free wifi.

Breakfast was very good with plenty of hot and cold choice, served in a very pleasant dining area.

The hotel staff were excellent, being always courteous and helpful.

We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
WestyBournemouth, Director of Sales at Ramada Encore Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and pleased you enjoyed our signature hot and cold breakfast. We have recently empoloyed a new chef and he is making little changes which are obviously helping.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed here a Friday and Saturday for a weekend away by the sea and to see Russell Howard's new comedy show. Having paid very little I wasn't expecting much but the hotel is definitely a step up from a Premier Inn and much better than any Travelodge I've ever been to. Great location - easy to get to by car and plenty of free parking. The staff were very polite at all times and the room was quite large considering. It took a while to get the air conditioning set to our needs but we didn't miss central heating like other people. The bed was very comfortable. On the Saturday we took the open top bus via Sandbanks to Swanage and it was really handy to find the bus stop outside. There are plenty of bars within 2 mins walk and the town proper is only a 10 minute work at best. Very good indeed!

Room Tip: All are fine
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

I hope you enjoyed the show and I am glad you liked our hotel. Our bedrooms are slightly bigger than the normal encore and we did this on purpose at time of build. I hope you will visit us when you come to another show at the BIC.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is an excellent place to stay in Bournemouth as it is close to the sea and the town but with its own parking and adjacent bus-stops which allow you to access frequent services. The hotel has a minimalist style in the bedrooms but they are superbly clean and well serviced. The management is efficient and friendly, coping well with a confusion caused by a Booking.com error and solving the situation with a suitable compromise. The whole staff were friendly and efficient and the breakfasts were good and the restaurent meals good and very sensibly priced. Overall a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Rooms down the side of the hotel, especially towrads the east are light and noticeably quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and I am glad we managed to solve the mix up for you. We are very lucky with our location and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My partner and I visited Bournemouth three years ago and enjoyed our stay but when we arrived at the Ramada Encore for our two night stay, we discovered there were no carpets in the room but laminate flooring. This wouldn't be so bad if there were adequate heating but with no radiators and just an air conditioning unit which blew out cold air constantly even on full heat setting left me freezing the whole stay. I slept in my PJs with my clothes on top as there was only a thin quilt and no extra blankets in the room. The first night there was a strong smell of cannabis on our floor and when we reported it to reception they apologised and said they couldn't do anything about it. On the second night at around 19:45 we caught a guy in the stairwell urinating off the first floor banister down to two floors below. We reported this to reception and they were apologetic and I did feel bad for them as they seemed under duress and I wondered if they constantly had to deal with this ill behaviour which is strange as it isn't what I would call a budget hotel. We returned from seeing a show and asked about 24hr food and bar but one member of staff seemed to try and put us off and said we could walk up the road and get some food instead. As I felt like I was putting him out asking for food at 22:30 we went back out and got something instead. I know I can't mark this hotel down for the other guests that had an input into ruining our stay but the freezing room and the luke warm service means I would not visit this hotel again which is a shame as the hotel is decorated to a good standard, was clean and has the potential to be a great place.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
WestyBournemouth, Director of Sales at Ramada Encore Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

I am very sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at our hotel and I am even more surprised about the incident which happened. This is by no means the norm for our hotel and I will speak with my team about this.