“Cold, tired looking”

Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
London, United Kingdom
“Cold, tired looking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed for one night on business. OK location, bit of a schlep from the station and not the most pleasant of walks. Felt a bit empty and lifeless, but pretty out of season so not going to be busy. Room was large but cold and furnishings rather worn. Bathroom stylish but door handle fell off! Breakfast decent. On the whole place felt tired, would look for somewhere else if staying in Bournemouth again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
WestyBournemouth, Director of Sales at Ramada Encore Bournemouth, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
I am really sorry about your door handle and will get our maintenance team to look into that. I am a little surprised it happened as we do stringent checks on all rooms. I am also sorry you felt the hotel was tired and worn. I would agree we have been open for a number years now, but I wouldn't of said our furniture was worn, however I will do a complete property check later this week to make sure I am not missing anything.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I was staying in Bournemouth on business and this was the hotel I was booked in to. The hotel was handy for the office and only a 5 to 10 min walk from the town centre. The rooms were clean and tidy and the breakfast had a good choice and was great. The staff were friendly and helpful. The only minus for me was the beds were low and a little hard. However, I would definitely think about staying there again if I go to Bournemouth again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
I am sorry you found our beds a little hard, as you know it is very hard to get the right balance in this area, as it is a very personal thing. I am glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay though and hope to see you next time you are in town.
Kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Had a great night here, rooms were lovely for the price, free car parking, 15 - 20 minute walk to the pier, or BIC, only a 2 minute walk to shops and restaurants.

Views from the rooms I booked not great, although my family and I only needed rooms for sleeping in.

Breakfast was good value and a nice variety of hot and cold. Would definitely stay here again.
Service was very good and the staff very helpful and informative.

Room Tip: stayed on the third floor, rooms 317 and 318, very quiet. Not much of a view, although not importan...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
WestyBournemouth, Director of Sales at Ramada Encore Bournemouth, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Location, location, location. I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are close enough to town to wonder in and enjoy the shops, but far enough away as to not get disturbed by any night life. Why not sign up to our monthly newsletter to get our best deals for future stays.
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Having stayed in the hotel previously, we booked this hotel at the last minute for two nights over Easter. The hotel is very good value for money, its quite basic but very clean and modern. There is plenty of parking at the hotel and its in a great central location within walking distance of bars/restaurants/shops. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. The rooms are a good size, modern and clean. The breakfast was included in the room price which was a bonus, there was a good selection and theres a nice size seating area. Don't really have any negetive comments about the hotel and would definitely consider staying at Ramada Encore again!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review and the fact you have come back and would stray again speaks volumes. We are very lucky with our location and staff and I really appreciate your continued support.
Stroud, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed in a twin room which was very modern , spacious and light, with good size flat screen TV.
Room service was very good, room very clean.
Provided, complementary tea and coffee, (no biscuits) iron and ironing board.

Only down side to the room was the lack of wardrobe, coat hangers from rails on wall, this was not a problem for a weekend stay.

The the reception was very modern and efficient, staff helpful and courteous.

The dining area was large and light and service good. Breakfast was an £8.00 (pre booked), buffet so you could have all you can eat, Enough to last all day so not bad value.

It was hard to fault the hotel only small down side was the walk back up from the town and sea front, only a slight incline

Room Tip: Pre book breakfast.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
I am glad you had a good stay in Bournemouth and enjoyed our hot and cold all you can eat buffet breakfast. I agree the walk back up from town is interesting, the joys of being by the sea. Down hill to get there and up hill on the way back. We hope you will visit us again soon.
borehamwood
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is a nice hotel but a little basic they have no comfortable chairs in dining area so no one stays in here so the hotel lacks atmosphere its a bit dull. that's a shame because the food is very good and breakfast is excellent. the rooms are okay nothing special showers are good. I have got to say the best feature of this hotel is the staff they incredibly friendly and helpful and for that reason I would stay there again.

Room Tip: all rooms are the same
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
WestyBournemouth, Director of Sales at Ramada Encore Bournemouth, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
I am sorry you thought our Hub area lacked atmosphere and when we refurb this area, we will try and improve that. Your comments about our staff are very kind, we are very lucky with them and I am glad you would stay again.
Manchester, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on business and upon checking in, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and a reasonable size. Only slight downside is the lack of atmosphere in the bar/ cafe area, however the hotel is set up for business guests, so this shouldn't be a surprise.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
WestyBournemouth, Director of Sales at Ramada Encore Bournemouth, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
I am glad you found our staff friendly and helpful. We do try to give our guests a good service. Its a shame about our bar area, I am not sure how we can improve the atmosphere, but will look into it.