“great staff - horrible mattresses”

Ramada Encore Bournemouth
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Sandy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I've stayed in this hotel and quite liked it in the past; however, I felt discriminated against from some staff members because I'm an American. The night crew was very helpful and remedied some of the lies the day staff told me, but this was very frustrating.

I will rethink whether I will visit again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

WestyBournemouth, Director of Sales at Ramada Encore Bournemouth, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
I am so sorry you felt discriminated against during your stay and please rest assured this is not the case. I will go back over my records and speak with the members of staff who were on duty during your visit. Once again I am very sorry for this and hope you will consider our hotel again.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Staff were very helpful and friendly, the room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast offered was nice to with a choice of a cooked breakfast and fruits. It was nice to stay in a hotel and not have to pay for parking.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
I am pleased you found our staff friendly and helpful and we are very lucky to have such good staff. I hope you will stay with us again soon.
United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here on a Sunday night. We arrived at 1.45 pm and were told we had to wait until 2 pm before we could check in which seemed a bit officious considering the hotel was not busy. This was the only blip. The hotel is well located for central Bournemouth - a very easy, short walk into town - and there is safe, underground parking. The room was quiet (even though the hotel is on quite a busy road), clean, well equipped with iron/hairdryer/tea & coffee facilities and free, fast wifi. The shower was good too. Breakfast was good value with both hot buffet and continental options. The checkout staff were far more helpful than the member of staff that greeted us on arrival and we left our car there until our departure (mid afternoon). It is not cheap but - for a centrally located hotel - not bad value.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your very fair review and I am surprised about the checkin process and I will speak with my team about this moving forward.
Rochdale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Really good hotel for the business traveller, only downside is the clinical looking restaurant, not inviting so I ate out on both nights. Good breakfast though and the room I stayed in was modern, good work space, clean, comfortable bed and air con. Could do with more plug sockets around the desk area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review and I am sorry you didn't feel comfortable enough to eat in the evening and this is an area we will need to look at.
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed at the Ramada Encore for 2 nights having left another hotel due to poor hygiene. The reception staff were very helpful and managed to sort some rooms out for our group. In fact they could not do enough to help us. The hotel itself is very modern, clean looking and the rooms were extremely comfortable. We didn't have any evening or main meals but did pay the £9 for breakfast, which was very nice(buffet).
I would highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Ignore the ratings for the pool and fitness centre. My error, there were none
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
I am so glad we were able to help you and you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our signature hot and cold buffet breakfasts is one of our main plus points and I am pleased you enjoyed it.
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Booked from a groupon offer with friends , was beautiful weather and staff were amazing. Breakfast was worth £8 as long as you book before 11pm night before. Only complaint was bed was not that comfortable and wished few more tea bags were in the room. Beautifully clean place very relaxing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Julie C
WestyBournemouth, Director of Sales at Ramada Encore Bournemouth, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
I am so glad you enjoyed your mini break at our hotel and we are very proud of all our staff. Hopefully we will see you again soon.