“Bournemouth again? `Encore`”

Ramada Encore Bournemouth
Ranked #14 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The `Ramada Encore` is in Bath Road Bournemouth, only a short cab-fare from the railway station or five minutes drive from the main tourist entry route of Wessex Way, and five minutes down-hill walking distance to the eastern beach.
I chose the hotel by default as all other previously used hotels had doubled their high-season prices into the hundred-plus,- so wasn`t expecting much at £85/0 per room for two. - (I was wrong..)
Car-parking was simple, secure and free in the front, rear, or basement garage- (complete with lift to reception above)
The hotel staff were professional, and the hotel and rooms were well designed, spacious, crisp, clean. and quiet enough to sleep with the windows ajar, as the hotel is screened by mature `Cedars of Lebanon`
Generous modern wet-room shower, Room-refreshment facilities, television, wifi, air-conditioning, - and alternative feather pillows on request, were off-set by a not-so-soft bed-base.
Well-cooked full-English breakfast buffet was discounted from £10 to £8/0 if pre-booked,
The front dining room with-a-view was airy and spacious with a civilised alfresco verandah for smokers.
For an inexpensive short stay,- (a relative`s funeral nearby)- I rate this five out of five.

Room Tip: When booking, choose the direct hotel site.- The Ramada `Central-booking-site staff hail from Mars...
1  Thank Peter R
WestyBournemouth, Director of Sales at Ramada Encore Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

I am glad you came across our hotel by accident and hopefully we will see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,425)

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for the central location . It's ideal to walk to town or to the beach . The rooms are nice and I liked the wet room style bathrooms . Some of the staff however could definitely improve on their customer service skills . When I checked in at reception l asked for directions to the beach and town .The lady checking me in referred me to another gentleman who spoke better English . The gentlemen gave me directions but was very dismissive and looked most displeased when I asked him for a map . I chose to eat in the hotel when the food arrived it contained a pot of dried up coleslaw . I asked if it could be changed and it was . When the waiter returned with fresh coleslaw he said it tasted and looked bad as it had dijon mustard in it . The pot was much better so I had clearly been served yesterday's coleslaw . Finally despite there being no more than six customers in the restaurant /reception snd the staff were just chatting no one cleared the table for over half an hour . Overall I wouldn't go back again

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 493sarah

To be honest if I had received this kind of service, I would not go back either and please rest assured this is not our normal high standard and I will be speaking with my team about this.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a one night stay with my sister. We stayed on a Tuesday night in school holidays. It was a last minute day before booking and were surprised we could find anywhere on all fairness so late on. Especially a brand known so well.

And we weren't disappointed!

We arrived at around 12 and went straight to the hotel as we wanted to find it and couldn't remember what time check on was. It was 2pm but they were happy for us to leave the car in the car park ( which seemed to always have space) and go off and enjoy our trip, we also did this the following day. Also the free parking is a big bonus. Some hotels in the area don't have any and 24 hour parking in local car parks is around £20.

This hotel is in a good location. Just a 10 minute walk to beach and shops etc. It is at the top of a steepish hill ( as is a lot of bournemouth) so if you have walking difficulties you might want to consider using the local buses.

After a couple of hours on the beach we returned to check in. The reception and bar/dining area is all one bright airy space. Check in was easy and went up to our 1st floor room. The room was clean and functional. It had a wet room Style bathroom. Which considering its locations to the beach is actually a great idea, as it's more practical for dealing with sand etc. the shower was good and the products in the bathroom were good and presented in a more ecological way.

The beds were comfortable and had 2 pillows per person and nice duvets. There was a TV with plenty of channels and of a big enough size. There is only minimal storage so for longer than a couple of nights this might be an issue but wasn't for us. There was a safe which is always useful. We didn't have much of a view ( building next door and some trees) but we weren't worried by this as it didn't have a balcony to sit on and in general we don't sit staring out the window! The room had air conditioning that worked well and wasn't noisy as we had it on overnight. We had a good nights sleep, and other than doors closing didn't hear any noise.

Breakfast the next day was nice. The food was constantly monitored and refreshed so was always hot and fresh. It wasn't a huge selection but was plentiful and well cooked. It included fried eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, baked beans, mushrooms, tomato, bread and rolls, fruit ( which was lovely and fresh) yogurt, cheese and pastries. We didn't use the bar for dinner or for a drink in the eve as we got back late and decided to just go back to the room.

Staff were pleasant and polite in general. My only little problem was with a male member of staff. When we returned from dinner we wanted to get a couple of bottles of water and went to the bar where a staff member was gossiping with a lady ( I assume another guest or friend) we stood there for a few minutes unacknowleged until a receptionist realised he hadn't served is still and came to do it despite being in the middle of some paperwork. He was still gossiping.

Despite this I would stay here again for a short break. For longer breaks I might consider a hotel with a pool or rooms with more storage and possibly a small fridge, as weather was very hot and would have been good to have had more cold drinks in the room possibly.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank SarahJ863

I can only agree with all your comments and I will also speak to my team about your gossiping comment, it may of been a genuine situation but still I will speak with them. I hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The hotel is located 5 mins walk from the pier and about 5-15 from a vast selection of restaurants and bars. It is on a hill and its quite a steep walk back up from the beach.
The hotel itself provides free parking, a definite plus for Bournemouth, and free wifi. It is clean, bright and airy with large, if sparsely, furnished rooms. The bathroom is a wet room design so can be a bit soggy underfoot. The room has a good aircon that is quiet enough that it can be left on overnight.
Breakfast is very good with a decent range of hot and cold food on the self serve buffet. The buffet is topped up regularly so no overdone eggs or cardboard bacon. We decided to eat in the restaurant on one night and the quality of the meal greatly exceeded our expectations much better than some of the more well known chains.
The staff are friendly and helpful.
Over all great value for money and we will definitely return on our next visit.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be of similar style.
1  Thank Adam S

I am so pleased your enjoyed your stay at our hotel and even better enjoyed our evening food selection. We have been working hard to improve this area.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My friend and I have stayed in the Ramada around 6 times. The staff on check in are always happy and helpful, and always have a welcoming smile on their faces. I have near had a problem with noise and have always found the room and bathroom to be absolutley spotless! The location is great with just a short walk to the town and beach.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AmberD2013

Thank you sooo much for your continued support. I really appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was our first time staying in Bournemouth. This hotel was one of the worse that I have stayed at in quite a while. There was several little things that need mentioning, There isn't a fridge in the room, The tv was a 21 inch, to be honest I didn't think they still made them that small. I asked for a map and was told they had run out. How do you run out of something like that? When you only have so many left you order more. These little things shouldn't be enough to stop you but the big one for me was how disgusting the bathroom was, I swear it hadn't been cleaned properly since it was built. The clean spots on the shower floor were from the rubbing of people's feet. It was plain and simply gross.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
2  Thank Mark L
WestyBournemouth, Director of Sales at Ramada Encore Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

I am very sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at our hotel and I am also surprised about the bathroom cleanliness, and will bring this up with my staff at our next meeting. We are normally reviewed to be very clean.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
1  Thank Swan P