“Great stay - efficient, neat & clean with great location”

Ramada Encore Bournemouth
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
London, United Kingdom
“Great stay - efficient, neat & clean with great location”
Reviewed 21 April 2010

Stayed here for one night mid week with my partner.

Location is great. 5 minute drive from train station and 10 minute walk to beach front.
Car parking available in the basement free of charge (but they'll give you a token on check-in).
Check in took all of 5 minutes and efficient. 2 lifts and working order and fast covering 6 floors & the basement.

Corridor carpets are red and plush and everything looks new and modern.

The room is very neat and super clean though I'm slightly disappointed that it's wood laminate flooring. Which I find a bit clinical. I prefer something with a warmer & cosier feeling. This felt very much business like and functional. But I'm sure it makes for easy cleaning.

The bed is fine and comfortable & warm enough. But pillows are the usual hollow fibre and not all that comfortable.

Climate control is good and room maintains a good temperature.

Curtains provide excellent black-out from light. Room is nice and quiet.

The shower room/bathroom is functional and fine. Super clean. No door on the shower though (but of course there is a door to the actual bathroom).

Breakfast is nice. Scrambled eggs and beans are available without asking (bacon / sausage or other styles are available upon request). Toasting machines and bread selection for self service. Croissants & other pastries. Lots of fruits, breakfast cereals and a self service fresh coffee / juice machine.

In the evening there are lots of restaurants to choose from within walking distance.

All in all a nice stay and good value for money. Recommend.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Walton-On-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2010

Stayed here for new year and was a nice stay.
Not any real problems but the hotel just feels a bit like a slightly more upmarket travelodge.
Service was good and the room was a fair size.
There is a "wet room" for the bathroom which i hadn't experienced before and was quite nice.
There was no wardrobe as such in the room, just a rail and some kind of shelves sticking out.
It was ok and i guess it makes the room bigger.
Breakfast was nice, big choice of all the usual fry up, cereals, pastries, juice etc.
I have stayed in quite a few hotels in bournemouth but i just prefer my "usual" which is the Connaught best western.
The location of the Encore is ideal for the town, just a couple of minutes walk.
All in all i would recommend it but don't know if i'd stay there again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Oxfordshire, UK
Reviewed 18 April 2010

Satisfactory hotel for my wife and I. My wife had a recent knee operation and we needed somewhere with a lift.

Reasonable prices via booking.com

Staff friendly. You're invited to raise problems with the room on a special form - and this worked.

Car parking free for guests and never had a problem finding a space. You get a paper pass which goes in the car. There is a threat that, if your car is parked without the pass, you pay a heavy fine - which would be unforgiving if you were genuinely a resident and had forgotten the pass.

The air conditioner (or heating) setting was improbably hot (22 deg C) (why do they do this?) and would have needed a fat user guide for a mere guest to try and alter anything (why do they do this!). Fortunately a request to bring the temperature down was answered.

Big, moderate quality breakfast, as much as you can eat.

It's a short walk to the East Cliff lift which gets you to the beach. A slightly longer walk in the other direction gets you to the pier.

Internet cable in the room worked well.

Hotel provided a list of nearby restaurants. We were happy with all of the 3 that we tried - 1 Greek, 1 Italian, 1 sea food.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2010

We booked our room through Expedia and got an excellent weekend deal including breakfast for a queenbed room.
Our room was large and pristine, very well equipped with tea/coffee facilities, ironing board, hairdryer etc. Although the rooms have wood flooring, we did not hear our neighbours or anyone else in the hotel. We didn't expect this to be the case and with a Stag party sharing the hotel we thought we might have been disturbed.
We thought the buffet breakfast was excellent, choice of fruit, cereal, cooked breakfast or pastries were plentiful and re-stocked regularly.
All of the staff at the hotel very extremely friendly and nothing was too much trouble, the guy on check out seemed genuinely pleased that we had had such a good time.
The hotel has plenty of FREE parking for every guest, this is something that is often not included in the price in Bournemouth. We were able to check out and leave our car there for a few hours while we went down to the beach.
Reception booked us 2 meals out (there are only snacks available at the hotel) and we used their 10% discount scheme at these restaurants, I think there was a choice of 10 places to eat and we were pleased with The Mandarin Chinese and The Coriandar Mexican, both in easy reach of the hotel.
The hotel is central to everything, Bournemouth town, the beach, many shops and restaurants and I would recommend staying here to anyone.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Wiltshire
Reviewed 1 March 2010

We booked our room through Expedia and got an deal so it was a good value break. Saw mixed reviews on here, but the hotel exceeded my expectations. It is essentially a business hotel, but don't let that put you off. It was spotlessly clean everywhere. Our room was big, bed firm but comfortable, bedding soft and clean and crisp. Each room has a shower/wet room. Shower pressure was excellent and felt great after.
Breakfast was very good too. Only drawbacks were the tea (fairtrade - tastes yucky, but others to choose from) and cooked items a bit greasy for me, but my Husband really enjoyed it. I did, however, love the fresh fruit, croissants and pain au chocolate!
The bar was good value and served all day. Staff VERY friendly and helpful. All requests were done straightaway and couldn't fault them.
It's in an excellent location. Easy to walk to town, but buses run past all the time if the hill is too much or it's raining.
Another plus was that the Reception will book a restaurant for you and then give a 10% off voucher. We took advantage of this and ate at Amaretto (Italian) and Baan Thai both 5 mins away. Both were good, food lovely and excellent value.
Only things I didn't like were the rough towels and the fact are TV signal was poor, but couldn't really complain.
We also had a sea view (albeit a bit set back). Would be good for disabled users as easy wide access and lift to all floors.
Will definitely go back and recommend it to others. Can't fault the price or service.

Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Gainesville
Reviewed 7 February 2010

I stayed in this hotel for a week. This hotel is very clean. Many hotels in Bournemouth are old and in my standard (lived in US) they are not clean..... I stayed in other hotels before and I was very surprised at the quality and the gap from others' review....
This hotel looks modern and new. I was very happy to find this hotel in Bournemouth. Staffs were very kind too. The location is very good too. I learned that for UK people a 15-30 minute-walking-distance is convenient... The meaning of "convenient distance" is very different from where I lived... This place really has convenient distance to restaurants and main bus stops (around 2-5 minutes on foot).

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Devon
Reviewed 29 January 2010

I was a bit dissapointed by the hotel. On check in the woman behind the desk wasn't particularly friendly and when I asked for a room with a bath and she told me that there weren't any. I am not sure if this was the case or that she couldn't be bothered changing our room.

The room was ok. I think they are going for minimalist but to me it just seemed a bit bland. The rooms are air conditioned but even on its highest setting it didn't keep the room warm. To be fair though, we were staying there when the weather was really bad.

Breakfast was good.

On checking out the two chaps behind the desk were more interested in talking to each other, than dealing with me.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple