“Good value”
Review of The Suncliff Hotel

The Suncliff Hotel
Ranked #24 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Stayed here with a Groupon deal which was great valuefor money. Included afternoon tea, dinner and breakfast. My friend and I are in our 30's, and we were perhaps a few generations younger than the other patrons, however this meant we had exclusive use of the gym facilities so could be worse!
The swimming pool was a great added feature. Dinner and breakfast were both buffets, with average quality food, but again, good value.
The hotel bar was open 24 hours which was useful, coming in from a few drinks,for a nightcap. Hotel staff extremely friendly and helpful, creating a relaxed atmosphere.
The communal areas were quite dated, but our room had obviously undergone a recent revamp, so made for a comfortable stay.
All in all, great value for the money spent.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rebecca T
rcarley, General Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2013

Rebecca T,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your stay at the Suncliff Hotel,

The Groupon offer was a brilliant deal and I must admit a popular one too. The pool is a lovely addition and the leisure area is a facility we are looking to make improvements this year so it will be even better.

I hope you will return to us in the near future and if you are after a deal give us a call and we will always match any deals on offer

Best wishes

Write a ReviewReviews (2,119)

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Just got back from our stay at the Suncliff and have to say cannot find fault with the place.Yes it could be classed as a little dated but for the money you pay it is great value,the staff are excellent very friendly and helpfull,breakfast is good rooms are very clean. Would definately stay again.

Room Tip: Bar prices a little expensive. Dont think when the bar closes that it for drinks because the night p...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Kim Mark N

Thank you for your comments; I am glad you enjoyed your stay!

The Suncliff is a Traditional sea side hotel, even though we are not as modern as some we provide many added extra's like the heated pool, entertainment and room service to mention a few. Also we work very hard on customer service and our meals served within the hotel.

I hope you will return again, maybe in the summer when you can use the beautiful sandy beaches.

My best wishes

Reviewed 24 March 2013

We stayed on the 17th March for two nights we had a good size sea view room which was clean and very warm, the staff were so nice and friendly the food was exellent buffet breakfast was the best we have ever had in bournemouth and we have stayed in many hotels, every one we spoke to couldn't praise the hotel enough.

Room Tip: We stayed in 308 it had sea view and small balcony 307 had a large balcony

ubleyx

Thank you for you short but positive review, the sea views are amazing and worth paying a little extra for.

I hope you will return to us in the near future!

Best wishes

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Having been looking forward to this weekend away for some time mainly to see Micky Flanagan at the BIC. We decided to make it a weekend away by choosing the Suncliff Hotel for two night stay as it had a reasonably good over looking the see location. And from the details we viewed and read about booked the two nights BB for £121.00. On arrival we found the staff very welcoming and helpfull. As we arrived early we booked in was allocated room 23 but could not get in the room as it was not quite ready. Not a problem so we went into town had lunch and came back a few hours later. On entering to the room this was where the disapointment started as allthough the room as comfortable, it looked tired but adequate. We went out for the evening to the BIC, which was a very good experience. On arriving back arround 11pm, we went to bed. This was when the real dissapointment started arround 1am what must have been a Stag Party arrived back, no problem with that, except the noise they made was awfull, mainly as the rooms and the narrow pasage way to the rooms where so close together. And I suppose because the Hotel is old there is nothing to dampen the noise levels between the rooms and the passage way. But as we were young once my wife and I laughed it off. Except for when one of the lads was locked out of his room and decied to sing Cwum Ba Ya until he was allowed back in. Anyway eventually it went quiet and we got to sleep again until the Plumbing started to play drums to us, or thats what it sounded like. It seemed when some one flushed a loo or opened a tap, the pipes started banging, not a great nights sleep that night. The second night was better at least no Stag Parties. But the Pulmbing started again arround 5 am. But in the Hotels defence the Breakfast was brilliant, possibly made up for the night noises. So I would advise if you are allocated a room from 16 to 33 that are on the ground floor. Ask if you can be moved as you will also find the noise levels too high to be able to sleep peacfully all night.

Room Tip: Sorry I do not have any tips except try the Breakfasts as they were brilliant

Terry M

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Suncliff,

As an older building there are sometimes things that are just out of our control, as I’m sure you would agree the structure of the hotel corridors being one of them. I would say that we do have a night porter on duty through the night who you can contact by calling the reception. Both our night porters have many years experience and can normal ease or sort such complaints. But I thank you for your understanding. We would also be happy to move anyone if we have the availability.

Thank you for your comments regarding the breakfast, for a 3 * hotel I also think it has a great choice and ample amount to set you up for the day.

I hope you will come back and use us again should there be any more shows you wish to see at the BIC.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 23 March 2013

We stayed at the Suncliffe for five nights from 16th March. It was our 4th visit. The staff, as always, were friendly and welcoming. We were very lucky to be given a free upgrade to a beautiful spacious room, spotlessly clean, tastefully decorated, and with spectacular panoramic sea views. We did so appreciate this and made the most of our time in it. As always the breakfasts were delicious, served buffet style with an excellent variety of cold and freshly cooked "full English". There was a great atmosphere in the dining room, the Restaurant Manager and his Staff being a very happy team. This Hotel is excellent value for money, in a fantastic position, and within easy reach of all that Bournemouth has to offer. We would recommend it to anyone planning on a stay in Bournemouth. Many thanks to ALL the staff for another most enjoyable stay.

1  Thank JepWS

JGfd

4th visit....Thank you for your ongoing support!

I am very happy you received an upgrade and that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. Jose the restaurant manager is definitely a character and very passionate about his position and duty to deliver the best service possible. I have now worked with him for 3 years and I am very lucky to have him as part of my team. As some may say he is a master of his craft and would go out of his way to help anyone.

I hope your 5th stay will be just as good and send you my best wishes

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Stayed at the Suncliff Hotel for four nights with a coach company from South Wales, from 18 March to 22 March. I have nothing but praise for this excellent hotel. It was far better than I expected. The Sunflliffe is a lovely clean hotel. Food was very good, a lot better than many of the seaside hotels I have visited on coach outings. My wife and I had a very pleasant room, which looks as if its been recently refurbished to a high standard.

From the moment we arrived we could see that this hotel is well run, every member of the staff I came across seemed committed to providing first rate service. We shared a table with six members of the party and we all agreed that the hotel was excellent.

Entertaiment was enjoyable, we particurarly enjoyed the young chap who sung on the Monday night, quite a nice voice and an eclectic repertoire to suit most tastes. I was a little bit disapointed that there was no entertainement on the Tuesday night, but we did have the option of seeing the entertainment on offer at the Suncliffes two sister hotels which are nearby. As it happened we were quite content to have a quiet drink in the bar of the Suncliffe on the Tuesday. If you are part of a coach party you are entitled to free drinks from 5.30 until 8.30, this only applies to selected beers and spirits but I was more than happy with the bitter on offer.

My wife and I can thoroughly reccomment the Suncliffe, its without doubt one of the finest hotels we have ever visited on a coach holiday.

Look out for the Restaurant manager,I didnt have much in the way of personal contact with him but I can vouch for the fact hat he is a very personable and talented member of staff, he enlivens the dining room with his larger than life presence.

2  Thank holidaynaker

holidaynaker

What a glowing review, thank you!

The Suncliff accommodate many tours and groups and it is rare to get online feedback from these travellers so thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am very happy to read your comments regarding the staff and the service you received and that we have made such a positive impression. Our redecoration programme is still on going so thank you for noticing this.

I hope you will visit again in the near future!

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Getting a good deal, low season, and an old Hotel, I wasn't really expecting much, but I got a fab room, considering it was just for one, I had a double room, all facilities working. Some Hotels, when you come on a special deal, and for a single room, don't bother with making impressions, but I was made up with this room. I was hungry when I arrived so went down to the bar to grab some fish and chips and a beer. Lovely atmosphere, felt lovely and refreshed when I got up the next day, I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Excellent sea view, enjoy your drink and supper looking out to sea in the friendly bar.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Troubadour04

Troubadour04

Thank you for your review, we have many vistors that travel alone and we always try to make them feel at home, even though it is not always possible to upgrade these guests to double or larger room we always try our best to do so.

I hope you will return to us in the near future!

Best Wishes