“LOVELY TIME”

Ranked #26 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Bath, United Kingdom
“LOVELY TIME”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed at the Suncliff at the end of July for 4 nights with our two girls aged 5 and 2, we had a fantastic time, the staff on the whole were welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. The restaurant staff deserve a special mention they were absolutely amazing and tended to our every need and made a huge fuss of the girls.

We had a slight issue the 1st night as our room was very small, we had booked a 4 bed room but ended up with a 3 bed which wasn't a problem as my youngest is still in a cot but it was impossible to move round, thankfully we were able to move the next day to a much bigger room

The indoor pool was warm and the girls wanted to spend hours there. The rooms were very clean and comfortable.

My only complaint was the booking process online, we could only get a family room for a minimum of 4 nights which was fine but we seemed to pay a lot more than other guests staying at the same time as us even though we had paid in advance. Having looked at the hotel's website since we would pay less for the same room type in weeks following our stay. I will be definitely ringing the hotel to book if we decide to stay again.

Lovely hotel with fantastic staff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
rcarley, Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review, I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Our indoor leisure facilities are always popular, particularly if we are not fortunate with the weather! Our restaurant team are a great asset to the hotel; I will pass your comments on to Jose, our restaurant manager who will certainly be please to receive such great feedback. I’m glad that we were able to provide you with an alternative room when you found the first one to be too small, if for any reason any guest is unhappy with the room they have been allocated, we will always do as much as possible to provide an alternative option. With regards to making your reservation, I would always recommend calling us directly on 01202 298 350 as we are able to offer the best rates and match any online prices.
I hope you choose to stay at the Suncliff again, and we look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
Ferndown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed here for my husbands birthday, from tbe outset it was great; our ocean view room was spacious with a large balcony.
We had arranged a birthday meal, which was fantastic, the staff couldnt have done more to make the evening special.
We had a very good nights sleep, the bed was really comfortable.
Breakfast was great, plenty of choice.
Everywhere was clean.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing too much trouble, we arrived as guests and left like old friend's.
We will be returning VERY soon ( cant wait). Will certainly recommend to our friends as the place to stay when visiting Bournemouth
We wiil be back very soon

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank t1gerly12
rcarley, General Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
t1gerly12

A big thank you for leaving your thoughts about the Suncliff and sharing your experience with the TA community.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and am happy to see that the staff made a good impression. We all work endlessly to improve our team and the hotel so I appreciate the feedback when given.

I hope you will come back in the near future
north devon UK
Reviewed 4 August 2013

After a small problem with our room we were moved to another that gave us a panoramic view over Bournemouth. Staff were on hand so there was no lugging of cases and reception staff most pleasant. Breakfast was everything that you could ever want with a great choice. The evening meal was something else, superb choice and served with great aplomb. So good that we in fact came home a lot fatter than we arrived. The East Cliff beach below is the quieter one and pleasant. An hourly bus service stops right outside the hotel (there is even a shelter if the weather is not too kind). Town centre just 10 minutes away or a 20 minute down hill stroll. Really enjoyed our 5 day stay, and as I say, nothing was too much trouble. we felt really spoilt

JoyanPeter

Thank you for taking the time to leave you comments,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay here, It sounds like you had a great time. We work very hard to ensure our guests have a memorable experience and I hope you will return to us in the near future.

My best wishes for the summer!
tadley
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I visited the suncliff hotel with my 3 children ages 14,10 & 7. Very family friendly place, great family room, great breakfast, staff really really friendly and helpful. The kids loved the swimming pools, inside and out. Games room too! It was the first time the children had stayed in a hotel, they loved it! And i was relaxing for me too. We will most defantly be coming back! Thankyou.

• Stayed August 2013
rcarley, General Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
claire n

Thank you for your comments regarding our staff and facilities, we are a popular hotel choice for families and at this time of year try our best to organise little extra's such as the games room, milk shakes, different cereals etc to be a little more family friendly.

I am also pleased that you managed to relax while you were here also. I thank you for your comments and hope you will return again soon.

Best wishes to you and your family
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We found the staff at the Suncliff very welcoming. The restaurant and bar staff were always
Helpful and always smiling. The breakfast was lovely lots to choose from. Our room was very clean and a good size. To round up we had a great time at Suncliff and we will go back one day.

1 Thank Gordon D
Gordon D

Thank you for a short but sweet review, I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Suncliff. I’m glad the staff made such a positive impression on you as customer service is something that we understand is very important and place great emphasis on.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Suncliff in future.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I stayed with a colleague on a business visit, the outside of the hotel looks quite impressive but the interior was very tired.

We were given rooms which were supposed to be double rooms, to say the rooms were small is an understatement, I had to move around the room sideways ( I am of slight build) as the furniture was two big, the chair for the dressing table could not be pulled out to sit down as the bed almost touched it. If two people were sharing this room it would have been impossible to move around. I would not have paid the money if I was with my husband. The rooms were clean and obviously had recently had a face lift.

We ate in the restaurant, the menu sounded nice but in reality it wasn't we ordered soup which tasted like packet soup, I ordered melon and feta cheese, there were ten tiny cubes of water melon which were more seeds than melon and four tiny squares of feta, disappointing. Main course was cod with new potatoes and vegetables,this was totally cold, we did not send it back as we were starving and the restaurant was full of holidaymakers on a coach trip and we didn't want to make a fuss, dessert we thought would be better, it was supposed to be treacle sponge and custard, this was a plain piece of cake with a drizzle of golden syrup and a drop of custard once again it was disappointing. The up side was the staff in the restaurant were excellent, they were efficient and friendly, they were wonderful with the holiday guests and made them all feel special.

The beds in the rooms felt like you were sleeping on a board, it appeared that there was no mattress support at all, I have stayed in countless hotels and have never had a bed as bad.

Cleanliness was good, staff great but beds and food were terrible.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite you might get a double
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dawn O

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments online,

I would always say if you are unhappy with your allocated room please come and see us at reception and we would do our best to show you an alternative. I apologise you felt the room was not an adequate size but I’m sure we could have helped if it was brought to our attention.

I am surprised about the comments regarding our food as we normally receive many positive comments in this area and the dishes we serve. I can guarantee that we do not use any pre packet soups and all dishes are freshly made. I have asked our long standing head chef to look into this and feedback to me his findings, we appreciate any comments that will help us better our product.

On a plus side I am glad to see our restaurant team made a good impression and look after you.

The housekeeping team are currently reviewing all beds room by room and we are looking to upgrade any beds we feel unsuitable so I am sure this will be picked up on in our audit.

Once again thank you for your comments
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

not the greatest hotel , but clean with nice facilities and shared facilities of the Cumberland next door ( outdoor pool ) saved the day
sport facilities good , squash and Table tennis available
both the room and the en suite bathroom were spotless and the staff very helpful and nice
lounge and shared area furniture need a refurb but other than that ok for a budget deal
if I see a groupon for the Suncliff , would go back
would have rated as good but didn't have option so went for very good !

Andrew E

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on the Suncliff.

As a resort of three hotels next door to each other guests are more than welcome to share the facilities with in each hotel so I am glad to see you made full use of this.

From your comments we are looking to refurbish some of the lounge furniture once this summer season has passed so thank you for the feedback.

I am glad to see you will return to the hotel and best wishes for the summer