The Suncliff Hotel
Marriott Hotels
US$233
US$98
US$125
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$80
Park Central Hotel(Bournemouth)
US$111
  • Beachfront
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$96
US$90
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$58
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$85
US$102
PremierInn.com
2,257 results
All reviewsthe penthousesunday carverysea viewindoor poolrestaurant managercoach tripbit datedcoach partyevening mealreception staffsister hotelshort breakthe cliffair showself servicecumberland hotelenjoyable stay
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Two night break with my wife.
On entering the reception we saw they had Christmas decorations up...in October...well I never.
Bedroom was dated and smelt a bit of old people. Judging by the age of the clientèle I guess a few of them have passed away in the very bed I slept in... oh well. Shower was not up to much, I had to run around in it just to get wet to get wet I say.
We had a problem with our toilet while we were there and the staff sorted quickly and without fuss...well done. Staff in the restaurant were also very good and very polite. We had breakfast there which was good the only bad thing was my sausage...I had either grit in it or ground up teeth and hooves.....you like. Location of the hotel is good for either Bournemouth or Boscombe.

Room Tip: Go for a penthouse
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
rcarley, Assistant Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with a generally positive review. Regarding the Christmas decorations, the “Turkey & Tinsel” tour groups that use the hotel start operating in October and we have to provide a suitably festive atmosphere to welcome them into. I have to say I find it a little distasteful to speculate about guests passing away in the hotel, simply due to the fact that a large proportion of the guests staying at the time were elderly. Everyone has the right to enjoy a holiday away from home regardless of their age, and here at the Suncliff we are proud of our good reputation welcoming a wide variety of age groups. I’m glad to read that the issue you experienced with the toilet was fixed swiftly and I’m sure that if reported, one of the maintenance team would have been happy to address the shower for you as well. We usually get very positive feedback on the quality of breakfast, your comment regarding the sausages is unusual but I will pass to the chef and investigate accordingly.
Regards,

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Inadvertently the short break we booked turned out to be 'Turkey & Tinsel' - what a surprise! My husband and I thought that this hotel was really good value for money and because it was 'Christmas' we could also take advantage of 99p bar in the evenings (hubby happy with the draught lager and the house red was very palatable). I was impressed with the choice of food on the menu and also the quality of the food, the smoked salmon roulade was praised by hubby and the bread and butter pudding was the tastiest, lightest I have ever had. The staff in the dining room were great, we always had a warm greeting and attentive service. OK some of the hotel needed a bit of tlc, the carpet has seen better days for example, but everywhere was clean and even enough room for 2 armchairs in our bedroom. We didn't use the spa or pool. Sleep quality only 'very good' as an extractor fan (or similar) outside bedroom window.

1  Thank JacquiS436

Thank you for such a nice review, I’m glad you had an enjoyable stay. Our “Turkey & Tinsel” package is always popular and as you say offers great value for money with bar deals and daily entertainment all included. Our Head Chef aims to provide a range of freshly prepared dishes to suit varied tastes so I’m glad you found the menu to be to your liking (I have to admit the bread & butter pudding is a personal favourite of mine too!)
In your review I think you have perfectly summed up the Suncliff, although not the most modern hotel we deliver high standards of quality and service at an affordable price. I do hope you chose to stay with us again in future.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

went to bournemouth for a short break and booked this hotel . stayed in the penthouse suite and was really pleased I did my partner loved it she wants to stay again and im happy to , the staff were great and the lady in the breakfast room works so hard nothing is never a problem I seen her helping everyone and was always smiling . the view was great as you can see from the pics and the room was first class . id stay there every day if I could ,
didn't use spa so hence why can not rate

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
rcarley, Assistant Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thanks for your short but sweet review; I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay. The penthouse rooms really are worth spending a little extra, especially when the weather is good and you can really make the most of the balcony looking out over Bournemouth Bay. I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My wife, children and I stayed at this hotel on 30th Oct 2013 as we needed a base while visiting friends, we chose the hotel for a number of reasons, but one of the main ones was because it had a pool.

We stayed in the rooms that were either side of the entrance to the pool. My wife stayed in the room to the left of the entrance which was like living in an oven. Even with the radiator turned off, the window open and a requested fan from the front desk it was still incredibly unpleasant to be in and nothing could be done about it. Then a family above started jumping up and down on the floor above at a ridiculous hour of the day, causing a terrible nights sleep.

The decor is old and tired and quite frankly the complete hotel needs modernising, it's stuck in a very different decade, my bathroom also had a hole in the ceiling.

We then used the pool the following morning as soon as it opened. We found dead insects in the pool, hair balls and you could not clearly see the bottom of the pool.

When we checked out I spoke to one of the staff and then to the manager who were both very pleasant, but clearly unable to grasp that they had a very frustrated customer. The offer of a 15% discount completely misunderstood the level of our dissatisfaction and with the amount of competition in the town I would have expected more from them.

To say the experience was disappointing would be an understatement, I would never stay in this hotel or any others in the group ever again and would not recommend it to young families like ours, avoid it as there is plenty of other choice!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us, I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. If guests are ever unhappy with the room they have been allocated we will always do as much as possible to provide an alternative solution. I can see from our records that the hotel was fully booked on the night of your stay so it was not possible to offer you alternative rooms.
As you mentioned, the complimentary leisure facilities are a big draw to potential guests when booking a hotel and as such is an area that we take a lot of care to maintain to a high standard. Leisure facilities are cleaned and checked thorough the day by the housekeeping and maintenance departments as well as management, therefore I find what you experienced surprising but I will investigate to see if anything was amiss at the time of your stay.
Regarding the decor, we are not the most modern hotel, but we never claim to be. We are a traditionally styled seaside hotel that offers a wide range of facilities and excellent customer service at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

On arrival, we was a little disappointed that there was no where to park, so parked on the road at a cheap cost..
Went in and had a great welcome. Rooms just as ordered. Staff very attentive and willing..
Both rooms were up to standard, both were clean and well presented.. Pity there was no sea view, but what we paid we can't complain..
The only issue we found was there was a wedding on Saturday. So palm bar was shut off..
We had drinks in the bar and ate in the downstairs restaurant..
Great meal, great service.. A little on the expensive side, but well worth it as we all had empty plates..
Breakfast was superb too, plenty to choose from..
Highly recommend, we will go again if we get the opportunity..
Well done to all the staff

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jackie L

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay, I’m glad you had an enjoyable time. Parking on site can be a little tight when the hotel is full, but residents have complimentary use of parking at our sister hotels either side of us and there is very reasonably priced roadside parking directly opposite the hotel.
The Suncliff is a popular choice for weddings and other celebrations but we set aside a large bar area for use of hotel residents when we have a function. As you mentioned, all the staff are an asset to the hotel, none more so than the restaurant team who go out of their way to make very guest feel welcome.
I hope you chose to stay at the Suncliff again in future.
Regards,
Tom Pinn, Assistant Manager.