The Suncliff Hotel
US$124
US$96
US$90
Hotels.com
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$80
Park Central Hotel(Bournemouth)
US$111
  • Beachfront
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$90
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$86
  • Pool
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$236
US$98
US$102
PremierInn.com
2,258 results
All reviewsthe penthousesunday carverysea viewindoor poolrestaurant managercoach tripbit datedcoach partyevening mealreception staffsister hotelshort breakthe cliffair showself servicecumberland hotelenjoyable stay
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I had booked a superior room with sea view as part of a suprise wedding anniversary present to my wife. I was somewhat disappointed that the room size was not bigger than it was. for the price paid. It would have also been nice to have a small fridge where my diabetic wife could have put her insulin instead of having to retrieve it from reception who kindly took it in.

I guess the superior bit was attached to the balcony with its two chairs, table and sun umbrella laid out on astrograss. This was nice and we spent quite a time out on the balcony with sea views.

If it is the sea view you are going for then avoid the room we had, room 103 as in theatre terms it has a restricted view of the sea due to an extension projecting out below your part of the balcony. You can, however, still see the sea if you look to the left or right of the extension which causes the wall at the part to be slightly higher.

Apart from the room being smaller than I had expected the bed was comfortable and we slept well.

Downstairs at Ground level there was the bar lounge which had comfortable seating although the decor was a little tired looking.

During the evening there was entertainment in the lounge which was enjoyed by the many who attended the events.

On the next level down was the restaurant. The staff were very pleasant and efficient and I quite enjoyed the meals there in the evening and the buffet styled breakfast.

The reception staff were all very pleasant, efficient and helpful.

Bournemouth pier is only about 20 to 30 minutes walk away according to how fast you walk. If you want to leave your car behind you can catch a bus just across the road.

There is restricted car parking at the hotel which is free. The car park was nearly always pretty full and one had the feeling if you drove out somewhere you might not get a place when you returned and you would have to park on the road and pay a parking fee.

This hotel is used by coach companies and the coaches occupy part of the parking space.

Apart from my disappointment with the room size and the restricted sea view I enjoyed my stay at the Suncliff and would have liked another day there. No doubt my wife and I will return there in the future.l

Room Tip: Note that room 103, a superior room with a balcony has a restricted sea view
1  Thank KeithHAR
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We booked a coach holiday from the Forest of Dean to Bournemouth at the Suncliff Hotel was excellent, the staff we helpful, polite and attentive. The breakfast and evening meal were excellent and our waitress Flavia was delightful & helpful. I would recommend this hotel and also you have the choice of using the facilities of the adjoining hotels 10 out of 10 we would love to return.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The staff at this hotel were impeccable. The hotel was very dated and stuffy with no air circulation. We were kept awake with noises people outside the sin reception until 1 a.m. When we reported it to the reception staff we were advised that we should have phoned the night porter. We could not be moved as the hotel was full. The faulty window was repaired almost immediately and we were given a small fan to try and stay cool. When we attempted to phone down the next day to order get a servTion in the restaurant the room phone was not working !!! So we couldn't have rang the night porter had we wanted to. This was reported to reception but the phone was not repaired. The food at the hotel was excellent and the room was adequate but far too small for what we were charged. This was a birthday treat for myself from my partner.

Room Tip: Not 210. Small one airless
2  Thank sue_chicken
Reviewed 21 July 2014

never been to Bournemouth so we gave it a try, booked into the suncliffe hotel, we arrived and liked what we saw. There is plenty of parking in the hotel and outside on the main road.The room we had was adequate and the bed was comfy,so no complaints there. we met several of the staff mainly all were not English but were very good at their jobs and always friendly. The swimming pool is lovely and warm so we could go for a swim and then go and have our meal, the food was excellent and a very good menu. The only complaint we had was on the second day there was a terrible smell in our room, God knows what it was but this still wouldn't put us off coming back, a great place to stay. PS don't go to Harry Ramsdens on the beach its quite expensive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Suncliff hotel is a nice hotel with nice food and has a nice Sunday lunch and is good vaule for money with nice help full staff the hotel is on the East Cliff in Bournemouth give it a try I am saw you will like it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank keith s
rcarley, General Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

keith s

Short but sweet! thank you for sharing your comments and I am very happy to see you enjoyed your time with us. I hope you will be back soon.

Best wishes