The Suncliff Hotel
US$124
US$96
US$90
Hotels.com
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$80
Park Central Hotel(Bournemouth)
US$111
  • Beachfront
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$58
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$90
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$86
US$236
US$98
US$102
PremierInn.com
2,258 results
All reviewsthe penthousesunday carverysea viewindoor poolrestaurant managercoach tripbit datedcoach partyevening mealreception staffsister hotelshort breakthe cliffair showself servicecumberland hotelenjoyable stay
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We visited for a week as part of a coach tour. Our experience at the hotel was a good one. The bedroom was large and well-kept. The food and service in the resaurant were excellent. We would certaily choose this hotel again if we wanted to stay in the area - and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
rcarley, General Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

John T

Thank you for sharing your experience, I am glad to see you and your tour enjoyed their stay and we always appreciate recommending the Suncliff to friends and family.

Enjoy the rest of the summer and I hope to see you again soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Reception rooms of hotel were average but our room on second floor needs refurbishment Carpet worn and grubby and doors rubbed and worn Bathroom diabolical Shower system antiquated had very near miss with loose taps on shower system which turned off cold water but did not shut off hot which burned my back Really facilities not worthy of prices charged Never again

Room Tip: Make sure the room has been updated
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

anne h

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your stay. We are refurbishing our bedroom stock including replacing carpets periodically. I apologise that you did not find the accommodation to your liking. I am sure if requested the staff would have tried to move your room on request.

We do have a few different types of shower within the hotel but again we would always replace anything faulty with our in house maintenance team. I have checked our log and after you reported this shower it was then fixed.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay however if you did return I would also suggest speaking with the management or reception if you had any issues with your room or stay and there are many things we can do to help you. We do care about our guests and really do bend over backwards to try and ensure everyone enjoys their time with us.

Best wishes

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Have just returned home after a fantastic 3 day visit. I had booked a family room for 4 in celebration of my daughter's 18th (not that the hotel staff knew). When we arrived (grandmother, mother and daughter) less 1 member of the party (son), we found out we had been upgraded to the Zara Penthouse. When walking into the room we were amazed. It was beautiful with lovely sea view. We found the staff all very friendly, helpful and polite. Breakfast was yummy and plentiful. Thank you for making our 3 days so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Would recommend Sea view penthouses, but did not see any other room so cannot comment on them.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Wendy W

what a great review, yes our top floor rooms are beautiful. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we could make your celebration a memorable one.

Best wishes and I hope you will return soon

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I went to this hotel on Friday the20th of June and stayed till the 22nd. It was just a short break to meet up with my two nieces who live in Bournemouth. My brother and I had a twin bed room that was very light and airey. there was plenty of wardrobe space and it was very clean. We all had a meal in the restaurant on the Friday evening which was great . We found the hotel very pleasant and all the staff were friendly. We had a good weekend. there was not enough car parking space so we just parked on the road outside the hotel. It cost us three pounds for the weekend. No problem

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

stants1

Thank you for the glowing review, I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the room and service was what you expected.

Best wishes and hope you return soon

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at the Suncliff for a hen party, we were upset that as soon as they found out we were a hen party they asked us for £100 each as a deposit due to this which they never told us upon booking, however the location was great as the hotel looks over the sea and is only half a mile from the town and main pier. The hotel is rather dated with green bathrooms but it was very clean. We had use of the facilities for this hotel and the 2 either side.
I couldn't fault the breakfast which was buffet style help yourself and they have a full range of cooked and continental. We paid £50 each per night and thought that was excellent value for its location and what it offered to us.
If It could be improved it would be with modernising the hotel, things such as the carpets and bathrooms, and also adding biscuits to the tea trays!
Overall a lovely place to stay that cost us very little and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay

• Stayed: July 2014
rcarley, General Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Pinklet89

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Suncliff.

The group bond is normally explained at the booking process or passed to any agencies that people use to book in such groups so I am unsure why your group was uninformed of our policies.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your break with us in general, as far as the bedrooms and décor is concerned we employee a team of 7 maintenance engineers and we work tirelessly to keep the hotels looking good and improve the fixtures and furnishing on a weekly basis. This does take time but it is an endless job. I am sure for the guests that have been visiting on a regular basis can see the changes and improvements made.

I do hope you will use us again in the future and best wishes to all the ladies in your group!