“Bournemouth Air Show 2010”
Review of The Suncliff Hotel

The Suncliff Hotel
Ranked #25 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Bournemouth UK
“Bournemouth Air Show 2010”
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Booked Gourmet Buffet for Bournemouth Air show 2010.
The most marvelous buffet ever!!. Game pie, cold meats, Salmon (Poached & smoked) cheeses, salads etc. Preceded with a Pimms & accompanied with wine & followed by strawberries & cream. The only thing missing was the weather & airplanes but you you can't blame the hotel for that . Good service from attentive staff

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
BournemouthSuncliff, Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2010
Dear Seasider

Great to have a review of the Air show already, Thank You!! It was so nice to see so many people pull together to make the most of a bad situation with regards to the weather. We like to think guests who attended our event will still have memories of a great day out at our Hotel and our wonderful food and drink on offer. Air show 2011 dates have already been confirmed for the 18-21 August so I shall hope to see you again, if not sooner!!
Thank you very much for your kind comments.
Deputy Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
Wales
Reviewed 18 August 2010

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel once in March 2009 and again last weekend. The first time we had a really small room but I must admit it was spotlessly clean and as I always ask to see the room before check in so that I can assess whether it is suitable or not.

This time they upgraded our room (without asking) to a room with an ocean view which was very nice as the weather was lovely and you woke up to the sun glistening on the sea.

All staff were very courteous and polite. The breakfast was the same as every other English breakfast although I must say the plates were hot and so was the food.

I have no complaints about this hotel and I would stay there again if the price was right (£187 for 3 nights B&B and upgraded to an Ocean View which must be worth another £100).

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Wedding party very well looked after and hosted very professionally by wedding events manager.
Excellent food service and decor. nothing was too much trouble and all guests,bride and groom,parents and relatives were all delighted.

A great hotel!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2010

stayed at the suncliff for a week at the end of july 2010 for grandmothers birthday celebrations. was bowled over by professionalism of staff, their approachability and the quality of the food. the decor may need updated, but this would be my only criticism of an otherwise great visit. the views are superb, and the positioning of the hotel for local amenities is second ot none. well worth a stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
BournemouthSuncliff, Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2010
Dear reviewer
Many thanks for the pleasant review on the Suncliff Hotel your thoughts and points are most appreciated and where we may have some slightly worn areas of the Hotel our onsite maintenance and decorating department are on hand all year round constantly upgrading our product. Im very pleased you enjoyed the function you attended and I will be passing iton to all departments at our weekly department meeting.
Look forward to seeing you again.
Braintree, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Arrived just as the first rains fell for a month!!!! Staff immediately freindly and helpful and their attention to detail and desire to make you feel at home continued throughout our stay. The Hotel is one of three owned by the same company and all facilities are available to guests. Received a sea view upgrade without asking and very much enjoyed the balcony.
The weather soon improved but still found time to enjoy the excellent indoor pool, could also use the outdoor pools at the sister hotels next door.
This hotel is perfectly situated and both Boscome and Bournemouth are witin easy walking distance. The Prom walks and beach access are also excellent.
Food excellent and every member of staff we encountered were totally brilliant.
We will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
BournemouthSuncliff, Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2010
Dear Happy Customer
Great to hear such positive comments regarding our product, it is most appreciated.
We are very proud of our fantastic food and our reputation that follows it, we are one of the few hotel groups in town that are so prominently positioned and allow full use of the facilities of our three hotels when staying in one. It’s most refreshing to know that a customer is acknowledging of such a facility. Thank You.
The one thing we unfortunately have no control over is the weather!!! But I am glad this didn’t dampen your time with us at the Suncliff.
Thank you again for such kind comments regarding the staff, we pride ourselves on customer service and ensuring guests are happy during their stay with us.
Look forward to seeing you again.
Deputy Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2010

I stayed in room 230 which is a family room for four. First I would like to say that the staff at this hotel are very nice and do try to help but there are stil lots of problems. Firstly the noise from the kitchen which was loud enough to stop us sleeping. This did not cause problems in the late evening because the noise stopped at 9.00pm, however in the mornings the noise started around 6.45am and this disrupted our sleep significantly.

The television in our room had no remote and it turns out you can't adjust the volume without the remote. we asked reception for someone to sort the tv out about 5pm one eveing and were advised that as we were going out for an hour, upon our return they would send someone to check the television. When we returned at 7.00pm reception said someone would get back to us that evening but as they were busy there would be a wait and they couldn’t even tell us what time. So we had to sit and wait in our room for two and a half hours before someone came.

There wasn't enough toilet roll, they didn't give us enough towels and the curtains are too small for the windows, leaving big gaps either side. Don't bother waiting for the lift, its too small and you'll be waiting forever.

There are not enough parking spaces in peak season so once you've parked it's best to leave your car and walk everywhere. There is parking on the road outside but its pay and display during the day.

In the end we left 3 days early, the manager wasn't there to put our complaint to, so staff said they couldn't give us a refund. So I wrote an email after we left and asked for a refund for the 3 days we'd paid for but didn't stay, and the manager just said that we were at fault because we didn't ask to change rooms so he refused to give us a refund but out of good will he would let us stay for free for 3 days if we want to go back with a sea view upgrade.

Overall I was incredibly disappointed that I had to cut my holiday short and I do not feel the service we received warranted the amount of money paid – the room failed to fulfil its basic functions, let alone to provide the peaceful atmosphere we had anticipated for our stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
BournemouthSuncliff, General Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2010
After the 3rd response to you I would again thank you for your comments but as I said before in our correspondence if these issues were brought up with us while you were at the hotel we would have handled the situation and come to a solution rather than waiting till you left. We always endeavour to provide the best customer service and we deal with any issues in an efficient manner. As for the towels and toilet rolls these are replenished on a daily basis and again if requested we could provide more!!! We have never had this problem before! Our televisions are the same as you would have at home if you lose your remote of course there is a way of changing the channels and volume on the main unit. But I promise you I have a stock of spare TV remotes in my office for rooms that are missing them as they do have a habit of wandering off. As for your comment of there being no manager, all my mangers including myself are operational, we do not sit and hide in an office we interact with the customers and like to get into the fabric of the hotel, we are on-site from 7.30am till 11.30pm. I really feel that some of your comments are unfair and I just wish you would have informed us while you were at the hotel.
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2010

We visited the Suncliff for my son's wedding which was held there. We found the service, the standard of cleanliness, and the food excellent. The wedding itself was held at the hotel, in a very delightful room, and the reception took place in the conservatory area which had a beautiful sea view. We were very impressed with everything. I was particularly pleased with the very sympathetic attitude of all the staff concerning my lost key, which thankfully eventually turned up!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
BournemouthSuncliff, Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2010
Dear Happy Customer
I thank you for taking the time to write a review and your comments are most appreciated. I am most pleased your stay with us was a good one and you enjoyed all areas of the Hotel. We are very proud of our food and this is reflected in our reputation.
I hope the happy couple are well and hope to see you again in the future.