“Good Hotel, Good Location”
Review of The Suncliff Hotel

The Suncliff Hotel
Ranked #25 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 18 December 2010

I stayed at the Suncliff hotel at the start of December and i was very pleased with the accomodation. The location is ideal, overlooking the beaches and a 10 minute walk into town. On arrival, i was dealt with very efficiently by the receptionist and I was upgraded from a single to a double room. The room was of a good size and quite nice, I had a few minor gripes about the room, the wallpaper was ripped in quite a number of places and could do with a bit of redecorating. The bath had mixer taps and a shower attachment with a holder at tap level, which meant you had to hold the shower attachment while showering. It would be a lot easier if there was a bracket fitted to the wall. The last minor gripe was the TV, it wasn't the best reception in the world and only showed 4 channels. That said, it did not detract from my stay, the staff were very efficient and really friendly, they couldn't do enough to make you stay as good as it could be. Breakfast was excellent, with plenty of choice. I cant comment on the evening entertainment as i only caught a few moments as i returned to the hotel in the evening, although all the residents seem to be enjoying it. I cant see how anybody can complain about the cleanliness of the hotel, it seemed spotless to me and i passed a lady on the stairs each morning who was dusting the skirting and handrails. I managed to find a parking spot each evening, but it was a quieter time of year, but i can imagine it being harder in the summer. All in all, i had a very pleasurable stay and wouldn't hesitate to book again if i was in the area

Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
BournemouthSuncliff, Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2010

Dear Happy Customer, I thank you for writing such a fair and detailed review about our hotel. Whilst you have pointed out some points regarding your bedroom, Im glad you had a good stay and enjoyed the Hotel and its staff. I see you also recieved a free upgrade on arrival which is very pleasing to see. Our front office team are doing an excellent Job and are always ensuring the guests stay is as good as can be. It is not always about getting more money for our premium rooms it is about delivering excellent customer service and ensuring guests leave happy. We have recently employed 2 onsite decorators in the Hotel to aid us in our ongoing room refurbishment project in 2011 and can assure your room observations have been noted and adressed. Constructive feedback from our guests seems to be working well with the maintenance forms we place in the bedrooms. it allows us to identify problems a lot quicker and put them right.
I will also pass on your kind comments to Housekeeping, it is wonderful to see their hard work is being ackowledged.
Deputy Manager.

Reviewed 15 December 2010

Only stayed one night as going to the BIC to see a show. The staff on arival were very welcoming and immediately upgraded us to a room with a sea view. Comfortable room temperature and clean throughout. In particular, the night porter/staff member on 14/12 was extremely helpful in finding us some extra tea bags and milk, even though it was quite late. Don't know your name but thanks for being so helpful.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Albert steptoe

Many thanks for your review on our Hotel. Im glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you recieved a free upgrade, We will always upgrade with no extra charge if we are in a position to do so and feel this is a great service we provide to ensure guests leave happy and with good thoughts about our product, It is wonderful to see how this has been reflected in your review. Just to let you know the gentlemen which assisted you in providing additional tea and coffee products was JULIAN our night porter who sends his thanks for your kind comments.
I hope to see you return to our Hotel again.

Reviewed 12 December 2010

The staff were friendly and helpful, seemed interested in their guests and although busy with large parties, also noticed us on our own and made us welcome. It felt cosy and comfortable. Accomodation was comfortable and clean. I have to take gluten free food with me and the restaurant staff happily toasted my own bread for me without making me feel odd. I really appreciated that. Food and quantity at breakfast and carvery - excellent.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
BournemouthSuncliff, Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2010

Hello happy customer, many thanks for your review,
Im most pleased that your stay was a comfortable one and we met your requirements. I will pass on your kind comments to the staff.
It is very good to hear such feedback especially regarding the staffs attention to guests, we pride ourselves on ensuring all customers recieve some feel of personal service when coming through our doors. Its fabulous to see in your review that this has been delivered.
I hope to see you back soon.
Regards

Reviewed 7 December 2010

We were delighted to receive a free upgrade to wonderful rooms. The leisure facilities and breakfast were fantastic. Was a lovely stay for my first mini break with my new baby! Would love to come and stay again soon!

• Stayed: December 2010
rcarley, Assitant Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2010

Thank you very much for taking the time to place your thoughts on our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Your comments will aid others greatly when deciding to book with us.

We have spent a great deal of time, effort and money on bettering our product in the past few months and we truly believe that we have a fantastically warm friendly hotel that has a lot to offer guests of all ages and travel styles.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Suncliff very soon.

Andrew Potter
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 17 November 2010

We were greeted by a friendly receptionist and immediately upgraded to more spacious room.The room was very comfortable and clean and we had fresh towels on both days.
The breakfasts were excellent in quality and quantity and the staff very efficient and friendly.
I would use this hotel again and would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
BournemouthSuncliff, Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2010

Dear Happy Customer
Many thanks for reviewing your stay with us. I have to say you have summed up what we are all about at the Suncliff. I am glad good customer service was delivered and that you recieved a free upgrade. I will pass on your comments to the restaurant and reception team. Thank you again and hope to see you return

Reviewed 13 November 2010

We called into the Suncliff last Sunday for a roast dinner. We'd seen it advertised in the local paper for £5.95 and thought we'd give it a go after a Christmas shopping expedition. Boy, we were pleasantly surprised. The meat was really well cooked and all the veg were superb. We will definitely be going back some Sunday soon!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear reviewer

Thank you for your comments, I am glad you enjoyed your carvery experience with us and hope to see you return. From this Sunday we will be re-launching our carvery with a brand new state of the art Carvery unit which will ensure an even better delivery of our already fantastic food. We are certainly getting closer and closer in getting the message out to locals and as per our radio ad that we are PROBABLY DORSETS BEST CARVERY.

Reviewed 6 November 2010

very nice stay. 3rd visit. will be back again. All staff friendly and helpful upgraded to balcony room which was lovely; waking up to sea view.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
BournemouthSuncliff, Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2010

Dear reviewer many thanks for posting your comments.
Im glad you again enjoyed The Suncliff. Your repeat visits leads usto believe we are on the right track in delivering excellent customer service and facilities. I look forward to seeing you again.
Deputy Manager.