“Amazing penthouse stay for valentines!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Suncliff Hotel

The Suncliff Hotel
Ranked #26 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Amazing penthouse stay for valentines!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

Hotel is in a great location facing the sea. We stayed in Penhouse Harry and had amazing sea view with balcony, lovely room. Hotel facilites were good, we used the spa twice and had a massage. The restaurant in the sister hotel next door is great too, the Ventana. It rained the day we were going to go down to the beach (february though!) but having been there before the beach is really nice. Had very noisy neighbours next door maybe were just thin walls but not hotels fault. All in all a great hotel would reccommend to friends but would def pay the extra for our penthouse again!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
bonzodoodah, Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this review, 29 September 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank your for taking the time to review your experience at the Suncliff hotel.

I am sure your comments will aid other in making an informed choice when booking accommodation in Bournemouth.

I do hope you see you again.

Best wishes,

Andrew Potter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (578)
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

Great views, walking distance from the beach, local attractions, great amenities, added bonus of being able to use facilities in two other hotels, excellent quality in food, very friendly and helpful staff and brilliant entertainment!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
rcarley, Assistant Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2011
Dear Happy Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor, your comments will aid others when making the choice to book with us.

We do have stunning views over Bournemouth's golden beaches and on a clear day you can easily see as far as the Isle of White and the Purbecks.

We spend a huge amount on entertainment here at The Suncliff and we believe that it is important to out guests, we offer a wide verity of acts from Discos to Guitarists, Singers, Harpists, Saxophonists, Jazz Bands, Dances, Bingo and tribute acts just to name a few from the last few months.

I will pass all you comments on to the relevant departments and we all hope to be welcoming you back to the Suncliff Hotel very soon.

Kind regards,

Assistant Manager
woking
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

I booked this hotel for a relaxing weekend away with my wife. We got a really good deal booked it and was looking forward to the weekend.
I then decided to read some of the reviews( if thats what you call them) about the hotel. All i can say to those looking to stay at this hotel is that some of the negatiove reviewers must of stayed at a different hotel with the same name, so dont believe what you read !! People want more than what they paid for.
From the moment my wife and i arrived the service was excellent, receptionist was friendly and helpful. We were offered help with bags, good directions to room just good service.
Alot of people have said the rooms are small and shabby, well yes they are are not huge but what do you want in a room? a bed, a bathroom and a television,, your on holiday to go out not stay in your room, and i think the decor and furniture while older looking fitted the hotels look and it wasnt broken and was clean, as was the bathroom which was nicely tiled and clean, only gripe hot water was very hot, could of made a cuppa with it!, and the television are to small and out of date, my remote didnt fully work.
The location is to die for , overlooking the sea, a short walk to the town and the see fron, although i will say its downhill there but uphill walking back. Great shopping centre, loads of places to eat for all tastes.
My wife arranged to have some spa treatments, easy to arrange and priced well.
the breakfast at the hotel was fantastic, could not fault it, did not have dinner so can not comment on that. The bar was clean and tidy, entertainment on the saturday, not my taste but good background music, totally relaxing,, pricing very good for drinks to.
Overall had a good relaxing weekend, my wife and i would love to thank the staff at the Suncliff and say see you soon, you made weekend special.

1 Thank stephen76Woking
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for you thoughts and comments, I feel strongly that the above represents and honest review of what we are all about here at the Suncliff and that is great value, friendly service and fine food.

Our rooms are not the biggest in Bournemouth but they are comfortable and contain all you need for a great holiday. I would like to point out that we have many different rooms on offer from large brand new penthouse rooms on the top floor to tastefully decorated standard single rooms with excellent rates to match.

Bournemouth as a resort is ideal for short breaks and long holidays with plenty to see and do around the local and surrounding areas, with great transport links it makes it easy to get around.

We are now pleased to offer Spa treatments and since its introduction a few months back we have had many happy guests using the service, its just another option that we provide here at the Suncliff and it is one that has been gratefully received by the Ocenana resorts’ guests.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Bournemouth and the Suncliff very soon.

Assistant Manager
Rugby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2011

Well, I was invited by friends to join in a group visiting Bournemouth, I had not been since I was a nipper so thought why not. I am so glad I did, Bournemouth is beautiful and the Suncliff made it even more special. Upgraded to a Sea-view room on arrival, cases taken to my room as I suffer from arthritis and Smiles...lots of them from all staff! It is so uplifting to be greated with a good morning or how was your day sir, I live alone so to get this is a nice personal touch even more so when the person is actually interested in your answer. I was there for four days and the warmth given off by the staff was outstanding. The food was amazing, a very good selection well cooked and presented. The bar staff, even though quiet through the day was a great meeting place in the evening with some brilliant entertainment mainly solo singers but of a high standard. I didnt bring my trunks but the pool looked warm and after speaking to Pavlina on reception she showed me one of their best rooms as I will come again and my word....breathtaking! The views and room decor surpassed some hotels I have stayed in in London. I feel very lucky to have found this gem and plan to spend more time here. A big thank you to Helen and her team in the restaurant my friends and I were well looked after. They say everything stem's from the top so to who ever is guilding this team/hotel keep doing what your are doing you must be a master of your craft.

• Stayed January 2011
rcarley, General Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this review, 5 February 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your very kind comments about our Hotel and the services it provides. I agree Bournemouth is a beautiful place and one of the main reasons I moved here myself. I would recommend a visit in the summer as the beach and town springs into life.
We are one the few hotels that still offer 24 hour porter service and are always happy to help even if it means a manager including myself rolling our sleeves up. We work as a large family at the Suncliff and I believe you could see this in your time with us. We are always trying to improve our product and you have touched on areas where we have spent time, money and energy such as our food and service standard, pool and our bedroom stock. I would not say we are masters just yet as the beauty of Hospitality is that we continually learn something new every day I would say that we listen to our customers and we try our best to make improvements based on their feedback. Constructive criticism is what keeps us on our toes and improves our Hotel and its facilities. I would thank you and all the other customers that encourage us as this is what motivates my staff and keeps the drive and passion alive!

My best wishes and we will see you soon.

Russell Carley
Derbyshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2011

Perfect location overlooking the sea customer focused staff, I had an upgrade on arrival without asking,great food, relaxing indoor pool, evening entertainment.
Big thanks to Dan and Anita who's customer service and attitude was faultless ... They are a valued asset to the hotel from a guests point of view ... And I was on a course not a holiday ! I'll be back as this was my first visit . Thank you so much !

• Stayed January 2011
BournemouthSuncliff, Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2011
Dear Happy Customer, Thank you so much for your review, its great to see another example of the great personal and attentive service that is the Suncliff.
It was a pleasure to accomodate you and Im glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for personally pointing out Anita for her charm and excellent customer service she wishes you well along with myself and all the staff at the Suncliff!
We look forward to welcoming you back once again.

Hastings, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2011

We took advantage of their January sale offer of £25 per person per night, which covered B&B including evening meal. We stayed for 2 nights.

We were impressed with how friendly and helpfull the staff were, including the check in, restaurant and bar. Our television was not working when we got to our room, we reported this to reception, by the time we had finished our evening meal it had been replaced.

Our room was facing the sea, and was spacious.

The food was very good quality, and a good choice on the menu. Drinks perhaps a little expensive, but given the price we paid for our room, this was not an issue.

The indoor pool was very impressive, even though we didn't give it a try; maybe next time.

We will certainly will return for another stay.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
BournemouthSuncliff, Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2011
Thank you for rating the Suncliff.
Good to see you enjoyed the Hotel although a shame you did not have a swim! Maybe next time! Our January sale has been very successful, generating hundreds of bookings and the feedback has been excellent.
We feel we offer great value for money at the Suncliff and im glad you have pointed this out in your review.
Hope to see you again soon
Regards
Cornwall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2011

Read the reviews on Trip Advisor before booking and I have to say had some doubts. We booked for 3 nights and on arrival were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who advised we had been given a free upgrade to a sea view room. On opening the door to our room (104) we could hardly believe it. The room was really large and had fantastic sea views together with a large balcony. The bathroom was nice and clean and had a bath and shower. On going down to dinner we were once again surprised at the quality of the food (my partner is a chef). Breakfast was also extremely good with an excellent choice of juices, cereals and cooked items. All the staff we came into contact with were very friendly, helpfull and efficient. I suppose the only thing I could imagine some people not being happy with, is the fact that the furniture in the room was what could be termed as "old fashioned" which we actually liked as the room was individual not 1 of 100 identical rooms. The pool area was great - clean and the pool was a lovely temperature.
Please pass on our thanks to all your staff. A lovely relaxing and enjoyable break.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
BournemouthSuncliff, Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this review, 18 January 2011
Another Great review for the Suncliff!! Thank you for recognising our efforts it is most appreciated.
Im glad that you have enjoyed the Hotel and its features. I agree with you that a lot of our bedrooms possess there own unique individual feel about them and its fantastic to see recognition of this in your review. As much as we are bringing our Hotel into the mordern world and recognising peoples expectations of what is now required when staying in a Hotel, its very refreshing to see a customers acknowledgment of us doing this but at the same time keeping the personal feel and character of the Hotel and its bedrooms. Im pleased you enjoyed the service, staff and facilities of the Suncliff, we are always upgrading our product and improving all the time and I look forward to welcoming you back again to see this.
Regards