“FABULOUS!!!”

Ranked #4 of 132 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Bath, United Kingdom
“FABULOUS!!!”
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Marlins is superbly located just off the seafront it appear in Bournemouth. At first, I was slightly suspicious of the great price of just £32 but after reading such positive reviews I saw that the single room is advertised very openly as being small. The hotel itself is absolutely immaculate and "yes" the hotel room is a small but it is brilliantly appointed with good facilities and everything you need for an overnight stay. Added to which, parking is complimentary on-site which in itself, in Bournemouth, would be quite expensive. I was warmly welcomed by the owner, Michael was extremely accommodating and happy to make any restaurant reservations etc that I needed. I would have no hesitation in recommending marlins to any future travellers and the small room for the bargain price is room number 6. I will definitely be back and won't be letting any of my immediate work colleagues be aware of this little treasure. Breakfast didn't disappoint and was a huge freshly cooked traditional English one with copious amounts of cereal, juice & freshly prepared cafetere coffee. The following day I checked out but had further meetings in Bournemouth and Michael very kindly allowed me to leave my car there saving me further money. My trip to Bournemouth was very successful and all at an amazing price-don't tell too many people about this treasure! I hope you find this précis useful and make sure that you write one similar if you have a similar experience. Best of luck :)

Room Tip: Aruba for drinks / Westbeach Cafe for coffee
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Bambino145

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Eastbourne
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Excellent value for a very reasonable price. It seems as if the owners have really thought about what people really want: it's spotlessly clean; fresh new decor; tasty, well-cooked breakfast and a friendly welcome - what more could you ask. It is also five minutes walk from the BIC and the beach which is a big plus. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2011

From the start we were made to feel special and nothing was too much trouble and Neil was very informative about local restaurants and what else to do in the area. The room was spotlessly clean with everything that we might need provided. The location was perfect for the BIC theatre, beach and shops with many restaurants and bars suiting all tastes within walking distance. The breakfast was excellent with a variety of choices but our favourite was the "full english" plenty of tea and coffee was also available. We hope to stop at the "Marlins" at some time in the future as we enjoyed our stay so much.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Another excellent visit to Marlins in Bournemouth. Fantastic location, perfect hosts and delicious breakfast. Thoroughly recommend if your visiting Bournemouth.

• Stayed June 2011
Worcester
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Our party consisted of 20 family members ranging from 3 to 65. We all had a terrific week and everyone wants to repeat it next year. Neil and Michael were absolutely wonderful, they could not have been more helpful from when we started planning the holiday last year through to seeing the last group off.

The breakfast was a great start to the day; if you eat the full english then plan on skipping lunch! Everywhere was spotlessly clean. All the bedrooms are nice and the lounge was both comfortable and large enough to fit us all in.

It is ideally situated for both the beach and the town.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Worcestershire
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I cannot speak highly enough of the fantastic family holiday that we have just had in Bournemouth. Neil & Michael were amazing hosts and nothing felt like it was too much trouble. The hotel is spotlessly clean everywhere, rooms are beautifully made-up every day and breakfast is as all reviews say, wonderful! There is a very relaxing feel about Marlins. As there were 20 of us at one point over the week and we made very good use of the guest lounge, which was great to socialise in the evening. I went into most of the rooms during the week (as we obviously had taken over most of the hotel) and I can happily and truthfully say that staying in any of them would be a pleasure. I am really looking forward to my return visit to Marlins later on this year. Thank you again Neil and Michael for making the week so enjoyable and trouble free. Thank you Dad and Ali for organising the best holiday ever!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I first stayed at Marlins two years ago with my husband and daughter whilst she was attending an Open Day at Bournemouth University. I chose Marlins from the excellent. Trip Advisor Reviews. Since then we have stayed about four times, during out trips to move our daughter to and from University.
Our stay is always welcoming and local information forthcoming
The rooms are ensuite, clean and comfortable with lovely big towels. Room 1 is especially quiet being at the back of the Hotel.
The English breakfast is just right, not greasy and ample portions.
Bonuses are the free car parking, as the beach is 2 minutes walk away and town centre 5 minutes away, with shopping and restaurants.
We made the mistake of staying somewhere else in January as Marlins was booked or closed for a few weeks, never again, I would change my arrangements to fit in Marlins availability.
Oh lastly, don't forget the very reasonable price !

Room Tip: ask Neil the owner for advice
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family