“Great Staff 1st class customer service”

BEST WESTERN Montague Hotel
Ranked #45 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great Staff 1st class customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Whilst working in Bournemouth to cover the storm damage we were booked in to this friendly hotel ,staff could not have been more helpfull.
Food was exellent reccomend trying chefs special.
If I return to Bournemouth with friends or family I will be returning .
Thank you for making us all feel at home and your great car park.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed Valentines weekend...comfortable room good breakfast and good value for money.
Staff on reception desk were fantastic, v friendly and v helpful. Great position as v easy to walk into town or to the beach with no need to move the car. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I picked this hotel because of the price and previous reviews and am happy to say we weren't disappointed. The hotel was warm and cosy great value for money and the food was lovely too. The staff were friendly and helpful, the breakfast was plentiful and delicious, the rooms were clean and warm. We'd stay here again next time we come to Bournemouth. Thank you for looking after us.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are quieter as the floor is a bit squeaky.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Lymington, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I wish I could write a review on how wonderful my stay was but sadly I can't as I never even got that far. I booked to stay in August via Booking.com only 12 days later to receive an email from the hotel saying I should never of been able to book on the rate I did and either pay the full price or my booking will be cancelled! Obviously I found this really upsetting and asked someone to call me, which never happened, sent emails which I never got replies to. After two days of trying I finally spoke to someone at the hotel who informed me they were having to do this to hundreds, yes that's right hundreds of people and basically it's tough and they are not going to honour my booking. Meanwhile Booking.com were working hard for me and actually found me a much nicer hotel and agreed to pay the extra cost - finally someone looking out for the guest! Best Western Montague Hotel have upset a lot of people with their mistake and really don't know how to look after their guests. They did nothing in the way of trying to rectify anything and actually left it solely down to Booking.com to sort when the mistake was the hotels as they failed to close out the rooms on the third party website allowing anybody to book. Never have I been treated so badly, they just ignored me as there way of dealing with it. I urge if you decide to stay at this hotel keep a close eye on your emails as they wont follow up with a phone call and you might just arrive to find out they have cancelled your booking!

3 Thank India J
Malvern, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed for 1 night on 8 February in Room 9. Check in very friendly and efficient. The bar/lounge area was comfortably furnished and the staff welcoming. Room was 'compact' and people of a more 'portly' stature might have found the en suite a bit tight! That said the bed was comfortable and the room clean, well decorated and well equipped: more than adequate for a 1 or 2 night stay! Breakfast menu was comprehensive and it was good to have a cooked breakfast prepared to order rather than picking from pre cooked eggs, bacon etc. kept warm under lights. Overall the hotel's ambience suited us well and we would certainly use it again if we needed another short stay in Bournemouth.

Ryde, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

It was great stay with a fab location close to the beach and shops,The staff were very friendly especially Charlotte the receptionist who really went out of her way to make our stay relaxing. I'm gluten free which can be a really problem in some hotels but not in this one I bought my own bread down for breakfast and they toasted it for me to bring out with my breakfast, they even changed some of the food items around to meet my needs and this was not a problem. It was a great stay and would 100% return if I was staying in Bournemouth.

Room Tip: The rooms are average size however there was only two mini milks in the room for Tea and Coffee faci...
1 Thank Zoe P
Lymington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Came for a 1 night stay with friend. The rooms were clean,comfy and cosy and the staff were friendly.The let down was cooked breakfast.After a 35min wait we had 1egg, undercooked bacon and the rest was cold and tasteless. Such a shame!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends