Montague Hotel
The Connaught Lodge(Bournemouth)
US$187
US$212
  • Beachfront
Royal Exeter Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$98
US$120
US$114
  • Pool
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$202
New Westcliff Hotel(Bournemouth)
US$119
US$115
  • Pool
Premier Inn Bournemouth West Cliff Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$94
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Durley Grange Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$69
  • Pool
All reviewscooked breakfastfull englishcreaky floorboardspleasant hotelshort staywest cliffnight porterhotel bartown centrevery pleasant stayrooms were very cleanboth morningsexcellent value for moneystayed for nightsnothing too much troubleplenty of hot watersuperior room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I was quite excited about visiting a Best Western (this is what my life has become...) out of all of the major budget hotel chains, it was the only one I hadn't yet been to this year and I'd heard good things about them.

Upon a arriving, I managed to scoop up the last parking space in the car park (It's pretty limited to be quick!) and went into reception. First impressions was everything looked quite tired although it did have quite a lot of character I suppose! I went up to my room which was for some reason a single despite having a double booked. As I wasn't paying for it and I'd just had a 5 hour journey to get there I couldn't be bothered to navigate my way back through the narrow corridors to say anything so I just left it. Everything in the room was again, very tired. My grandparents spare rooms are more up to date than this was.

Going into the bathroom, an awful smell of baby changing hit me. It really was very strong - gross! Not to mention the plug hole in the sink which was full of hairs. I went to use the shower which was a pointless exercise. I think it would have been more efficient to dribble on myself a bit. Ok, maybe not, but there really was a serious lack of water pressure. (I had to take the shower head off the wall to actually get any water out of it).

Breakfast in the morning was ok. A continental buffet and limited hot food was available.

Overall, I wasn't impressed with this place at all, but it was somewhere to lay my head. I wouldn't have wanted to stay there as a holiday maker though!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Dan F
Reviewed 19 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Very nice hotel, lovely clean room and bathroom with lots of lovely towels. Hotel at top of a hill so not good if you struggle with walking. Cooked breakfast on the small size only one slice of bacon and one sausage.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Visited this hotel with 2 sisters for a long weekend break during the beginning of August 2014.
The rooms are spacious and clean. Excellent breakfast cooked by Michael. The hotel staff were polite and helpful. Would return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed there for a night ,first my impression is choking (very outdated carpet,decor ,facilities,tiny reception and bar ,lounge reminds me of the John Wayne Western movies).
Our family room is really poorly designed and small for three of us(a tired double bed and sofa bed for my daughter who has refused to sleep on ),it took us a while to adjust the water as it is either too hot or freezing cold and the noise inside the bathroom is annoying ). Dining room was in the basement and was another chocking surprise it can not even be qualified as basic, really need updating and crying for it. The clientele is mostly old and old gen. Please do not even think taking your partner for a romantic stay
What really puzzles me is : how the AA has rated it as a 3star hotel (the AA inspector was either drunk or made him to drink to death for him to come up with this rate )
AA you really got me on this one. This should be just a B&B no more.
I will not recommend it to anyone, please ,please stay away

• Stayed: August 2014