“Superb friendly place to stay”
Review of The Yenton

The Yenton
Ranked #13 of 134 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 June 2011

My friend and I have just completed our second stay at the Yenton and I'm pleased to say that once again it didn't disappoint.

It's location is ideal with Bouremouth beach, town centre and transport interchange only short walks away.

The rooms in the hotel are clean and comfortable offering digital TV and WiFi. The staff are friendly, attentive and knowledgeable about the area.

The breakfasts are superb, cooked fresh but provided quickly and tailored to your requirements. Plus you have the delight of eating whilst looking out over the beautiful garden.

For the price charged the Yenton certainly punches above it's weight and offers more than you could hope to expect. Will certainly be visiting again in the future. Well done chaps.

• Stayed: June 2011

Reviewed 31 May 2011

I stayed at the Yenton with a friend for a girly weekend trip. We booked a twin room with a shower. Please note, not all rooms have showers some only have baths so do be sure about what you are booking.

On arrival to the hotel there was easy and free parking at the front. We were met by (Thom or Matt) who was extremely welcoming and gave us our keys right away with no fuss whatsoever and he also took our suitcases to our room.

The room was pleasant and had everything we needed. Free Wi Fi at the hotel was an added bonus. The hotel is quite an old building and can be a little creaky/noisy but this did not bother us.

Thom and Matt were extremely helpful in planning our night out - they recommended and even booked our taxi and our restaurant for us and gave us great tips on where to go for a drink.

There is also a free phone which dials a local cab firm in reception which was a great service.

The bar area is charming, the garden is gorgeous and the resident cats extremely friendly! The breakfast was good and the service brilliant. The hotel is not 5 star luxury but it's 15 minutes walking distance to town and it is great value for money and it makes a nice change to stay in a hotel that gives a much more personal touch than some of the larger chains.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visting Bournemouth and wants value for money and a lovely welcome from great owners.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from corridor doors
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Stayed recently, and was warmly welcomed. Room was immaculate. Started noticing "basic" furniture in the room, but then caught myself, and realised that for what I was paying, the whole thing was FANTASTIC. To think I nearly went to Premier Inn for double what I paid.. Great stay -thanks.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2011

A typical large seaside B & B with reasonable rooms which could do with a bit of updating. More than made up for by the owners / staff, the lovely garden and great location.
The Yenton also has a bar / lounge and does lovely breakfasts.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Stayed at the Yenton last weekend - had a great time. Very clean and friendly - the perfect B&B !!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2011

I stayed at the Yenton, as my friend was travelling down for the weekend and although local, I wanted to spend time with him. Considering what we paid, the room was in great condition and I was suprised and delighted. Customer service was great, and very welcoming. If you are local or friends are coming to stay, I would recommend it! :-)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Came to the Yenton to see what it was like.,as my husband and I are trying to find a nice location for our wedding. The staff were very kind and helped us feel relaxed and at home. They even gave us some ideas of good places to go in town.
Pleasantly surprised by the room, for what we were paying we thought it might be a bit smaller, but actually was quite nicely sized. Clean and tidy with a lovely view of the garden to boot!
A good selection of food for breakfast, we were a bit spoilt for choice.
Really well located. So close to the beach that it's easy to walk, and avoid all the cliff-top parking nightmares (they have on site parking, so it wasn't a problem). Close to the town high street without the noise of the car traffic. The Church opposite is also quite nice, and perfect for our possible future needs.
Thom and Matthew were very accommodating and friendly, and I think they've done a good job with this hotel.
I think the only problem I experienced was that I couldn't have stayed longer! Thoroughly recommend this hotel, and this will be one of our top choices for our coming nuptials.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple