“a relaxing but unspectacular stay”
Review of The Yenton

The Yenton
Ranked #13 of 131 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at the Yenton for 2 nights. It was a nice hotel, nothing flashy and friendly enough staff. A few things need doing though. The wifi was not available in our room, the shower was very weak and the tv ad only half the channels that worked. These aren't the main things for a hotel I know, but its the little things that sometimes make a nice place a bit nicer. The room itself was fine, a little dusty and a bit of damage I noticed on the boxing in beneath the window. Brekkie good and a nice enough place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Our two night stay at the Yenton Hotel was on a special deal. We received a friendly welcome, were shown to our room and then provided with a tray of tea in the lounge. We had Room No 4 in the annex, which was a garden room, with a French door leading directly to the attractive garden and outside patio area with tables & chairs. The room was adequately & attractively furnished with a double bed, settee, wardrobe & dressing table. The bed was rather too firm for me, but that is just a matter of personal choice. The bathroom was clearly newly refurbished with a good quality shower, attractive tiling & was spotlessly clean. We couldn't get any heat from the towel rail
The breakfast selection was good with a choice of cereal & fruit juice from the buffet and meat or vegetarian breakfast available & cooked to order. The food was all local produce and nicely presented. We thoroughly enjoyed a full English breakfast each morning. The hotel does not serve lunches or evening meals, but there is a bar open in the afternoon & evenings until about 9 pm. Service throughout our stay was friendly and efficient. We enjoyed our stay & would happily return when visiting Bournemouth. I note that this is a dog friendly hotel. I am allergic to dogs and am pleased to report that our room was very clean without any doggy smell or traces of dog hair.

Room Tip: The garden room in the annexe is lovely if you enjoy a nice view or want to relax outside during you...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Didn't really think much of this hotel. It seriously needs updating, you will think you've been zapped back to the 70's. Our bed was also extremely hard, wifi did not work in our room (101) and the shower during the day was only warm when i used it.
Staff were all polite and courteous, we didn't eat or drink here so cannot comment on the food.
Overall just felt rather disappointed.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Ive just finished my first week of work in Bournemouth and I have been a long way from home. Having approached the whole move with trepidation (I live in Suffolk) finding the right hotel for me was very important as I needed somewhere to go back to each night where I could relax and gather my thoughts. This is the perfect place. About five minutes drive from busy areas this is a haven of peace situated in a tree surrounded road. Matthew and Thom are perfect hosts, warm and accommodating and all the staff and friends I encountered in the hotel obviously live and work by the same helpful ethos. The room was spotless and a great size the shower hot and plenty of water and the bed clean and comfortable with the loveliest smelling bed linen. The gardens are immaculate and the lovely collection of pets are friendly and very loving. There is some very reasonable priced good wine behind the bar. I didn't have breakfast as im not a breakfast person but I have no doubt it would be at the same high standard. I will definitely stay again - thank you both - Jules

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I could imagine Miss Marple at this hotel. the owner is clearly very proud of the lovely gardens, with pretty views from the breakfast room. From my little top floor traditional room, I could see squirrels run up and down the trees. The cats were cute but missed out on the bunny rabbits.
Staff were homely. Room was adequate if old and needing a good spruce up, and there is no lift. but for the price it was fine.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues or have a heavy case ask for ground floor. There is no lift and the step...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank cazirola
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The Yenton is great value, spacious well equipped room, friendly welcome for the dog and owner.
Standard room high quality, spotless great shower and bed, the dog was offered a bed and bowl too! Breakfast fresh cooked and variety to suit all tastes. The best "dog friendly hotel" I have stayed in, great value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Veronica L
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Yenton.a welcoming hotel. I have enjoyed staying in this hotel, the staff are freindly and helpfully nothing is to much for them to do for you.gardens are looking very nice and i have been relaxing in them after a long day at conference, Rooms/on suit bathroom cleaned every day and nice fresh towels laid out.Over all a great place to stay with a warm n friendly atmosphere. Thank you for making my stay a good one.

• Stayed: April 2014