“What a fantastic retreat............”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Yenton

The Yenton
Ranked #13 of 133 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Berkshire
“What a fantastic retreat............”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2009

Thank you Matt and Thom for your generously extended hospitality. I so needed to get away from the rat race of work, work, and more work! Well, how can anyone possibly book up anywhere else, when this is such a haven of tranquility. As mentioned by many others, fantastic grounds, lovely Lounge areas, and the restaurant / conservatory! Well thank you. The rooms are home to the most comfortable beds, and the ambience is truly warming! Nothing is too much trouble, ever. local knowledge excellent! Thank you for showing me the ways of whats hot and whats not in Bournemouth. Highly recommended venue for whatever the occassion!

Keep up the good work and see you very soon!

Bruce

• Stayed January 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Cardiff UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2008

A great friend of mine had invited me to a special celebration meal at The Yenton so I also booked a room to stay over. I arrived by car and was pleased to find there is no charge for parking (of which there is plenty).

I was greeted by Matt, one of the owners, who was friendly and quickly checked me in then showed me to the room. En-route I asked about an iron and ironing board, This was brought to my room within about 10 minutes, The iron worked and the ironing board stayed up, something which frequently fails to happen at a Marriott I use at over £100.00 a night!

The room was simply but elegantly designed with a flat screen tv and piping hot radiators. The Bed was comfy and the fudge given with the complimentary tea and coffee was a nice touch.

The function was a success and the bar team looked after everyone and seemed to remember what all were drinking.

If you are off to Bournemouth it's a really friendly, relaxed place to stay, hope you enjoy.

• Liked — The Team, the comfy beds and overall welcome
  • Disliked — Nothing bad to mention
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Gloucestershire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2008

Tom & Mark are friendly owners and we felt welcome from the moment we arrived. We had a lovely room overlooking their prize winning garden and the bed was very comfy.
Veggie breakfast was a hit with me and even included bubble and squeak with melted cheese on top!!!
Lovely old building in beautiful setting and only a 5 minute walk from the sea.

Thanks guys

• Liked — Location, property, owners
  • Disliked — Christmas party
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
Norfolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2008

I've just come back from a short break to Bournemouth with pals and was very pleased with the accommodation at the Yenton hotel. The staff are extremely friendly. I like my food and the chef, Steve cooks really tasty meals. The rooms were comfortable, with nice tvs and i was impressed to be able to put my ipod into a docking station supplied by the hotel. The hotel is close to to the beach and town centre, Easy to get back to after a night out.

• Liked — Breakfast and the service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
durham city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2008

Loved this hotel and definitely plan to go back. Having booked in at a different hotel where dogs were welcome, we arrived to find it disgusting. My son who lives in Bournemouth looked on line and found the Yenton, he was told we would be welcomed with our two big dogs. On arriving to have a look, we found not only was the room absolutely lovely, but the owners had even put two doggy beds in it for us. ensuite had lots of hot water for nice deep bath, also comfortable armchairs and sky tv. Lovely view from bedroom window on to a beautiful large garden where the dogs were allowed to go. Large consevatory where a lovely varied breakfast was served, short walk to town or beach. I did think the bar price was a bit high, we might have spent more time in there otherwise. Wouldn't put us off going back though, My other son and his partner plan to stay there some time next year....highly recommended. Pam and Pete Ayling , from Durham City, North East England

• Liked — Clean, comfortable welcoming, warm
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2008

My wife and I have just returned from a great weekend at this super B&B in a quiet part of town but 5 minutes from the beach, nice rooms, amazing gardens and friendly staff. From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave, you are made to feel very welcome & comfortable. We particularly loved Max the dog welcoming us in reception!

Breakfast was all Dorset produce and the quality was excellent. We definitely recommend this hotel and would have no hesitation in returning.

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Not Applicable
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
berkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2008

I have been staying at the Yenton for a number of years, each time I stay there has been small changes or improvements, resulting in a very warm and welcoming atmosphere, making my stay thoroughly enjoyable.

The staff without exception are friendly & welcoming, my room was nice, comfortable & clean.

Meals are in the conservatory overlooking the 1 acre of mature and fantastic gardens.

The bar is comfortable and relaxing.

The East Cliff beach us just around the corner or you can take a 15 min leisurely stroll into the town.

The management team Matt & Thom are excellent and nothing is to much trouble.

I would have no problem recommending anyone to the Yenton.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends