“I'll be back for a leisure visit next time.”
Review of The Yenton

The Yenton
Ranked #11 of 132 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Sussex
“I'll be back for a leisure visit next time.”
Reviewed 7 March 2009

Great welcome and continued attention for a tentative woman travelling alone! Made to feel "special" but privacy respected. Food excellent - even prepared individual meals as I can only eat certain foods. I came to research educational trips available for children. The manager was very helpful taking time to list various possibilities . Room cosy and very comfortable - tea-making facilities great as I spent much time in working in my room. Evenings relaxing in the bar - being on my own was a positive advantage! Thanks Matt and Thom - I'll definitely be back maybe for a holiday next time.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
southwest
Reviewed 2 March 2009

Have been this week around the South Coast on business and the best hotel I have stayed at is the Yenton. The guys that own it are friendly and very happy to help you.
The rooms are of a very good size much bigger than normal and are nicely decorated with great views of their gardens.

I will be booking all my employees into hotel in the future,

Keep up the good work guys.

Craig

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 27 February 2009

From the moment I arrived till the moment I felt i was impressed the welcoming atmosphere, the deidcated staff and the comfort of the hotel. For the first time ever I was upgraded to a larger room with a flat screen TV and to my surprise my ipod charger was redudant - at the TV already had one - plus the wifi in the room made it easier for internet access.

Breakast was a real treat and for someone like myself who believes in sourcing local prodcuts - I was served Dorest sausages and locally laid eggs.

The staff were helpful throughout my stay and it never seemed any trouble or bother for them to attend to the needs of their customers.

After a busy schedule it was great to relax in a leather chair in front of the fire and unwind with a pint

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Berkshire
Reviewed 9 February 2009

Thank you Matt and Thom for your generously extended hospitality. I so needed to get away from the rat race of work, work, and more work! Well, how can anyone possibly book up anywhere else, when this is such a haven of tranquility. As mentioned by many others, fantastic grounds, lovely Lounge areas, and the restaurant / conservatory! Well thank you. The rooms are home to the most comfortable beds, and the ambience is truly warming! Nothing is too much trouble, ever. local knowledge excellent! Thank you for showing me the ways of whats hot and whats not in Bournemouth. Highly recommended venue for whatever the occassion!

Keep up the good work and see you very soon!

Bruce

• Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
Cardiff UK
Reviewed 17 December 2008

A great friend of mine had invited me to a special celebration meal at The Yenton so I also booked a room to stay over. I arrived by car and was pleased to find there is no charge for parking (of which there is plenty).

I was greeted by Matt, one of the owners, who was friendly and quickly checked me in then showed me to the room. En-route I asked about an iron and ironing board, This was brought to my room within about 10 minutes, The iron worked and the ironing board stayed up, something which frequently fails to happen at a Marriott I use at over £100.00 a night!

The room was simply but elegantly designed with a flat screen tv and piping hot radiators. The Bed was comfy and the fudge given with the complimentary tea and coffee was a nice touch.

The function was a success and the bar team looked after everyone and seemed to remember what all were drinking.

If you are off to Bournemouth it's a really friendly, relaxed place to stay, hope you enjoy.

• Liked — The Team, the comfy beds and overall welcome
  • Disliked — Nothing bad to mention
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Gloucestershire
Reviewed 9 December 2008

Tom & Mark are friendly owners and we felt welcome from the moment we arrived. We had a lovely room overlooking their prize winning garden and the bed was very comfy.
Veggie breakfast was a hit with me and even included bubble and squeak with melted cheese on top!!!
Lovely old building in beautiful setting and only a 5 minute walk from the sea.

Thanks guys

• Liked — Location, property, owners
  • Disliked — Christmas party
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
Norfolk
Reviewed 11 November 2008

I've just come back from a short break to Bournemouth with pals and was very pleased with the accommodation at the Yenton hotel. The staff are extremely friendly. I like my food and the chef, Steve cooks really tasty meals. The rooms were comfortable, with nice tvs and i was impressed to be able to put my ipod into a docking station supplied by the hotel. The hotel is close to to the beach and town centre, Easy to get back to after a night out.

• Liked — Breakfast and the service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends