“Bournemouth Bliss”

Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Bournemouth Bliss”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I spent long week-end, with my friends I have known for forty years plus. I was comfortable.
The service was outstanding. Manners excellent, food out of this world, and above all really clean. We did not use the car at all. Very central location, and mainly flat for the wheelchair (which the hotel help me locate at South-coast motorbility,) I commend the the services all round.
Nothing was too much trouble especially for my friend who had dietry problems. We had a great time and will go again. Thank you Hermitage

Room Tip: All rooms I visited were more than adequate
1 Thank KathyL244

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I found the hotel itself very nice (old but well maintained) and the staff exremely friendly.

Room was enormous. Huuuge.

Bathroom new and clean. Found the shower rather odd as you couldn't control water flow and it came out like a fire hose. And what is it with British people and seperate hot and cold taps. It is NOT charming. The hotel has been renocated so it's not like it's original fittings.

We were the youngest people staying in the hotel and we are around 40ish. Everyone else seemed over 60. Very odd. If you are young think twice. I wish I had known as I prefer younger more vibrant crowd.

Location excellent and room was quiet.

Food was nice but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank James B
uk
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I have to say first of all that I did not spend any time here really, as I arrived early, and by the time I returned from a walk, I just had time to drop my stuff off in the room, before going to an event at The Pavillion theatre, for which it is ideally located, also for the Bournemouth international centre and the Seafront/Pier, and by the time I returned from that, I just had time to sleep and get up early the next morning. So I can`t honestly say I enjoyed my stay, but that is purely because it was all a so much of a rush. That said, the hotel is clean and comfortable, and all seemed quiet, the staff all very polite and helpful, and they I cannot fault. There isn`t much in the way of facilities as far as I can tell, but it does have a great view, if you are fortunate enough to be able to get one of these rooms. I paid an extra £6 which is not much to ask really, although I spent so little time here it was not really worth it in the end. Finally to breakfast, personally, I did not think it all that great, there`s a continental style buffet (Fruit juice, cereal, yogurt, pastries) and hot breakfast (Sausage, bacon, beans, eggs, black pudding and tomato from memory - sadly no potato or fried bread to make it a better choice) cooked to order, as well as coffee or tea and toast, plus a few extras for an extra charge.

Room Tip: If you are spending any time here, a seaview room is a good idea.
2 Thank djl-uk
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2012

This is the 4th year my lodge has had there Ladies Weekend at the Hermitage, and will be having many more in the future. The staff are brilliant, the food is wonderful, the service is excellent and the rooms are spotless. Highly recommended for any occasion.

1 Thank Roger R
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I have just returned from the Hermitage after two days R&R following an illness. It is almost impossible to fault the hotel. I had been upgraded to a superior room which happened to be free. Everyone was helpful and courteous. The food was excellent and the service offered better than anything I have encountered anywhere else. There were no notices of does and don'ts which always makes me think that I have come to an institution instead of a hotel for a holiday. The hotel is convenient for the town, beach, entertainment, transport etc, and it has a large carpark. The window glazing is absolutely soundproof. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: The front rooms have sea views.
2 Thank Barbara j
March, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We have stayed at the Hermitage Hotel for the past three years in conjunction with Ladies Festivals adding a week's stay to our weekend. The Hotel is first clas as regards service, rooms and food and in the past 30 years we have stayed in various hoels in the Bournemouth area and in our opinion the Hermitage beats the lot.

Room Tip: Try and get a Superior Sea Room - well worth the extra
1 Thank 177MichaelM
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2012

From the minute I walked into the hotel the staff were fab. First time I have stayed anywhere on my own and my nerves were all over the place. Nothing was too much trouble. Everything you would want to find in a nice hotel was there and more. It was really worth paying the extra for the sea view. Had a lovely time there. The only downside was the chamber staff did not observe the do not disturb sign. They were knocking on the door to come in quite early on the Sunday and when I went to breakfast on the Monday I left the sign on as I was in the middle of packing and came back and someone was cleaning the room. Everything else was fantastic x

Room Tip: always go for the sea veiw
1 Thank jodiamondy