“Enjoyable,Long Weekend”
Review of The Savoy Hotel

The Savoy Hotel
Ranked #37 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The service and the food in the restaurant was excellent,Our waitress Reyes was very good.
The entertainment, Soul & Motown was enjoyable The disabled facilities were disappointing,And we found the lift was to small to cope in busy times.
Overall it was a very enjoyable weekend,Good value for money Would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gordon R
johnwtaylor, General Manager at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Gordon,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Savoy Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your holidays.

I will pass your nice comments to Reyes as I am sure she will be very pleased.

I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Regards

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Since my husband passed away I have stayed at the Savoy a few times this year and have just booked for this coming weekend.
The Hotel is welcoming and the staff have excellent customer service skills, nothing is too much trouble also the food is always hot and the choice is brilliant. What other hotels in Bournemouth can offer such excellent prices and sea views..........and entertainment.!!
Roll on Friday.

Room Tip: The Savoy has quite a few single rooms facing the sea.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank carol h

Dear Carol,

Thank you for writing such a positive review following your stay at the Savoy hotel.

I am delighted that you had such a great experience and that you enjoyed our property.

I look forward to welcoming you again very soon. It will be my pleasure to have another opportunity to show the gracious hospitality and service we offer.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We had a short break at the Savoy. It's a lovely hotel and it was good to have a snack bar with an outside terrace with sea views. Our room was very spacious and clean. The food was OK and the drinks were a bit expensive but I woud go there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jean W
johnwtaylor, General Manager at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear Jean,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay with us.

i am delighted to hear that you had a really good time at the Savoy hotel and that you appreciated our lovely sea views.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Oh dear,how many times do you hear this;time for a refurb;room 311 was well passed it I,m afraid,we paid extra for a garden view, three panes of glass,the seals had blown windows screwed down for safety reasons,only had a small top one to open, wrong style windows.All the furniture needs to be thrown out all chipped and marked a drawer front missing from one bedside cabinet, even wallpaper was hanging off in places.I felt the Savoy was letting its self down badly as everything else about the hotel can,t be faulted.We will try this hotel again in anticipation of a better room next time as the staff are great,food fabulous,and most of all the location is one of the best,because of this we had a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joann d
johnwtaylor, General Manager at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Joann,

Thank you for choosing the Savoy hotel in Bournemouth and taking the time to share your comments.

I am sincerely sorry that you found 311 tired. it is a lovely room, big and spacious. We are refurbishing the rooms in fact we did fouteen in the spring and are just about to do another sixteen this autumn. This will leave a few (311 being one of them) that will be done in early 2014 all being well.

I am delighted that you found everything else to your satisfaction and are returning. I look forward to meeting you and would be more than pleased to show you some of our refurbished rooms.

Regards

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We booked this short break direct with the Hotel. The ground floor room was clean albeit a little tired. I appreciate that rooms are updated on a rolling programme and this one is probably on the list? The main rooms at the hotel were clean and well appointed.
Just one minor grouse after checking in we asked if the heating in our room could be switched on and we were told that " there was a problem with the CH in that part of the building" and a portable oil heater was provided instead. We should have been informed of this at check in.
The food was very good and flavoursome. All the members of staff throughout the hotel performed well but special praise must be given to Marco in the dining area.

Room Tip: On the experience of our room the option of an upgrade might be a good idea.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul K
johnwtaylor, General Manager at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Savoy Hotel.

Regarding the central heating, I do apologise for the miscommunication. We did not have any problem with it but it is off at the moment as the weather has been very kind to us. However, as you mentioned we are more than happy to offer a portable heater if you felt the need.
I am delighted that you had a great experience and that you enjoyed our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you again.

Sincerely

Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband and i stayed here for four nights in February for his 60th Birthday with Shearings ,we had room 207,it was facing the sea with a balcony,All new furniture and fittings,flat screen tv,the bed was very comfy ,it was kept spotless by the cleaner.The bathroom was modern and freshly tiled,with a shower over a big deep bath,only downside was no heating in wasn't a problem though as we kept the door open so the heat from the bedroom went in.It was bitterly cold outside but nice and warm in the room.The meals were the best we have ever eaten in a hotel,with a great choice every night.all tastes were catered for.the waitress was very efficient at her job,Most of the staff are foreign students,they were very pleasant and friendly.Entertainment was on most nights,we saw one act a male singer,he was very good,people were up dancing,a nice atmosphere.We were given £25 each to spend in the hotel,this paid for our drinks at night,and sandwiches at lunch time.would recomend and wouldn't hesitate to go back,We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Lozs123
johnwtaylor, General Manager at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear guests,

Thank you for writing such a positive review following your stay at the Savoy Hotel in Bournemouth.

I am delighted that you had a great experience and that you enjoyed our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you again.

Sincerely

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We booked this hotel as it had been recommended by a guest when we stayed at one of the other Shearings hotels. We booked it early and received a free bottle of wine which was in our room on arrival. We were on the fourth floor and I was a little disappointed to find our room rather small. It was a standard twin but I had to stand on my toes to see out of the window which let in little light .we needed the lights on during daylight hours. The wardrobe space was very limited. When you are staying for four nights there was not a lot of hanging space for myself and my husbands clothes. As I said we had booked early and expected a bigger room. I tend to think that priority is given to the bus trippers who were all given larger accommodation. Having said all this the room and bathroom were clean and with comfortable beds. The food was very good. As were all the staff. We have booked another trip to another Shearings hotels next July. Looking forward to see if our room is any bigger!

Room Tip: Find out if you are in the tiny rooms at the top of the hotel. Before you book if you can.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Christine S
johnwtaylor, General Manager at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Savoy Hotel Bournemouth on your aniversary celebration and for taking the time to share your experience.

I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and I would recomend that in the future you give us a call direct at the hotel to request a bigger room.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope that your next visit will be even more pleaseant.

Yours sincerely,