“good hotel”

Ranked #36 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“good hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

just back from the savoy,i was really pleased to stay and would stay again,on arrival when I got to my room it was lovely only thing was the shower was over the bath which was really high I`m
not very tall I would not have been able to have a shower,at reception the young lady was so helpful I was given the key to another room to view which was ok she gave me the room numbers to all the single rooms with walk in showers so when I stay again I can ask for that type of room.the hotel was spotless,the food was good ,all the staff were pleasant nothing was to much trouble, the lounge had views of the sea and you could get food and drink 10-6pm.
there was only on thing that annoyed me in the restaurant I was sat by a piano ,one that played its self at breakfast it was still on, to be fair I asked for it to be turned off and it was with no argument but a smile if you don't want a piano playing in your ear breakfast and dinner request
a table far away as possible. I enjoyed my stay and will return some time.

Room Tip: if you need a walk in shower specify on booking
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank patricia j
johnwtaylor, General Manager at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Patricia J,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. It's lovely to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff were so helpful in sorting out another room for you and showing you other ones suitable for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

This was our second year of holding our Cricket club awards lunch at the Savoy Hotel, after a cracking event the first year we chose to hold the awards lunch here again. The staff are delightful, incredibly helpful, willing and polite. The facilities are excellent with comfortable surroundings and beautiful views of the grounds overlooking Bournemouth bay. We were treated to a lunch of sublime quality and value which was served by cracking staff who could not do more to help.
I'm sure we'll be holding the awards lunch here again next year!

1 Thank Dan M
Dear Dan M,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your recent awards lunch with us. It was a pleasure to look after you all and make the day special. Your lovely comments have been passed on to all of the team and we do hope to see you again next year.

birmingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Went on a long weekend break to this hotel a couple of weeks ago, second visit to Coast and country hotel as we enjoyed the Grand Atlantic in Weston so much, although to a point the hotel is in a good position it must be said to go into Bournemouth itself it is quite hilly when walking back to the hotel and there are many hotels more centrally placed but that said the number 24 bus runs every half hour and stop at the corner of the road .
The hotel itself is very clean the staff are helpful and efficient the food is varied and more than a couple of choices for each meal
Only saw the entertainment on Saturday night which was enlivened by the "boys" of HMS Glory who we're having their annual reunion so the music was mainly 50s style I must admit I have heard worse there was no entertainment on sunday
The room itself was on the ground floor overlooking the car park and as such did not get a lot of natural light if I ever was to go again I would definitely pay extra for a superior room with a garden view.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kateshill
Dear Kateshill,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an informative review. It's lovely to read that you found the hotel clean and the staff helpful and efficient. We do hope to welcome you back again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

For the second successive year my cricket club has held its annual pre-season awards luncheon at the Bournemouth Savoy, and once again this has been an outstanding success. The food was excellent, the surroundings very pleasant, and the staff were polite, prompt and very efficient.

We had excellent value for money and exemplary service, and I would have no reservations at all in recommending the hotel for any similar venture.

Room Tip: Did not stay at the hotel
Dear Steve M,

Thank you for your lovely review. It's wonderful to hear that the event went well. Your lovely comments have been passed on to all and we do hope to see you again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We held our annual cricket club awards lunch at The Savoy Hotel on Sunday 6th April 2014 and, for the second year running, were treated to excellent food and quite outstanding service. All of the staff, on reception, behind the bar and in the restaurant, were friendly, helpful and well trained and the event ran extremely smoothly as a result. I would particularly like to thank the restaurant manager, Luana, for her efforts. A great event and we will be back next year. Jez A

Dear Jez A,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are extremelly happy that the event went well and that you all enjoyed yourselves. Your lovely comments have been passed on to Luana and the team and we look forward to seeing you all again next year.

Kine regards
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We had a very good stay.
The highlight of the Hotel was the very good and comprehensive bar staff as well as very good staff in the Restaurant. The evening meals were very good, the breakfast could be improved.
The big problem was no hot water from the tap in the bathroom. Informing the staff I was told
that the maintenance staff do not work on a Thursday!!.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elaine S
Dear Elaine S,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. Your lovely comments for the staff have been passed on. PLease accept my apologies for the issue with your tap and the way it was handled, this has now been addressed.

Fareham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I have recently had 2 lovely relaxing breaks at The Savoy Hotel in Bournemouth. The hotel is friendly, clean and in a great location. The only thing missing for me is a gym but my runs along the seafront were very nice. I will definitely be back

Room Tip: I'd definitely upgrade to a Garden View
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lisa P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's lovely to read that you enjoyed you relaxing break with us and your runs along the seafront. We do hope to see you again soon.