“Fantastic Weekend”
Review of Chine Hotel

Chine Hotel
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I recently returned from a Masonic function I organised for 70 people at The Chine looked where they looked after us so well. From the service, to the food, to the organisation, to the staff I cannot fault them. All the staff went that extra mile, nothing was too much trouble. We had nothing but glowing reports from ALL our guests. We cannot wait to go back again.

Room Tip: The staff are extremely helpful so I would let them know your requirements and let them help you fin...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Great location, really nice gardens and spa facilities and the family room was good, at the right price. Breakfast was good too. Service was a bit of hit and miss though: we had a soiled bedding but it was changed promptly. Parking is a bit hapzard. Overall, could do with an update but nice enough.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I've stay at the chine a few time and its been lovely but this time we were but in a building not connected to the hotel itself but apparently it was still part of the chine? So if we wanted to eat or go to the bar we had to walk to the main hotel the room was still very nice but as with most hotels you need to put your room card in the card slot on the wall in order to get power ours would go off for no reason and reception didn't seem bothered and would not move us to another room due the this bad experience I will not be staying here again

Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Gomez1986
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at the beginning of September and luckily paid for an upgrade on arrival to a seaview room with balcony - well worth it! However, feel that the balcony furntiure could be a little more inviting like to you get when abroad. Also it was a shame that the balcony had metal plates instead of glass, making it impossible to have a view when seated.
We ate in the hotel on the first night - food OK.
Interior of the hotel is lovely along with the beautiful grounds, would defintely stay again but probably on a B&B basis.

Room Tip: Sea view with balcony - well worth the extra
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank einniw
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1night.
Payed in advance but had my card swiped on arrival and was charged again.promised that it would be back in my account within 3 days.
A week later it went in.
Complaint left unanswered.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank doobi9
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I have just spent a very nice weekend at this hotel. The first impression on arrival was that the hotel looked a bit dated but inside seems to have recently been refurbished and is in pleasantly good decorative order. There was limited parking at the front of the hotel. Since there was a wedding on Friday, we had to park on the street. Our room (407) was very pleasant (I would think it has recently been refurbished) with nice sea view. Although we were on the top floor, the music from the wedding party was still quite loud. It was the same on Saturday night. However, once the party was over (at about 11:30), it was very quiet and we could hear the waves from the sea. (If it was not for the party noise, I would have given the sleep quality a very good instead.)The hotel is at a good location. The pathway through the hotel garden down to Boscombe Beach is an added bonus (5 min and you are at the beach). From there, it's about a 35 min walk to the Bournemouth Pier (or £2 one-way on the Dotto Train). Breakfast is of good standard. Overall it's good value for money (Amazon deal - would not pay for normal rates).

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Medlar24
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My family and I have been coming to The Chine for many years now and the Hotel already holds some very special memories for me of great times with my friends and family. When I graduated from the a University in Bournemouth, my parents asked me where I wanted to go to celebrate and my first choice, was The Chine.
In May 2012, during a stay at The Chine, my then fiance (now Husband) and I decided that this was the perfect place for us to get married. Your wedding is the most special, important day of your life and you put your complete trust into a venue and it's staff. With The Chine, the trust was already there and I knew they would make the day perfect for us.
Karen Pocock, the wedding and events manager is an absolute credit to the hotel. She is amazingly efficient, extremely patient and really takes to get to know what your needs and wants are to make the day perfect. Also, another very special mention has to go to Alex, the restaurant manager, who looked after us so well it was like he was part of the family.
A few highlights for my husband and I...
Arriving on Friday to find the room beautifully and perfectly decorated, the gorgeous food for our family meal the night before, my amazing (and huge) room to get ready in (I always find the rooms to be clean and very well presented every time I have stayed), getting married in the beautiful gardens, the quality of the food for our wedding breakfast and evening BBQ and finally, the room itself which is just perfect for what we wanted.
I cannot recommend The Chine anymore highly than I have and our wedding day truly was the best day of our lives and a huge amount of credit is due to the staff and the hotel. This hotel is perfect for any event from a huge family to a quiet weekend away.
Mrs A Honour