Chine Hotel
US$129
Park Central Hotel(Bournemouth)
US$111
  • Beachfront
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$82
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$64
US$100
US$89
The Suncliff Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$66
  • Beachfront
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$87
US$172
US$107
Priceline
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth Carlton(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$93
US$101
PremierInn.com
1,072 results
All reviewsoutdoor poolwest wingsoft play areaboscombe pierkids clubsea viewhot tubsmall gymlovely hotelthe main hotelbunk bedsland trainfamily roomleisure facilitiesgreat facilitiesfamily breakroom was large
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Lovely hotel , lovely staff, lovely food, beautiful gardens and beach only 3 mins walk away through hotel gardens, relaxed atmosphere, didn't want to leave. Fantastic central stay point for exploring new forest and surrounding area. Not for those that don't like stairs there are lots of them but there is a quaint old lift . Dinner was lovely, breakfast is buffet style but you can order eggs poached and fish by request.
Staff couldn't have been more helpful we were impressed that a member of staff actually stopped his job and took us through the hotel to the pool area , thank you .
Yes the hotel is a little dated and the carpet may be a little threadbare in places but this place has charm and elegance and good service and food so on reflection who cares about the carpet? It has been there since 1800's! Would we go again? Defiantly !

Room Tip: We stayed in room 302 no complaints sea view with balcony , the sound of the sea was so relaxing through the French doors .Lots of room and spotless.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Took my 7yr old daughter away for a treat in half term. We had a really lovely large, clean room with a sea view ( even though we didn't request). Very quiet location with beautiful gardens and a lovely short walk (5 mins max) down the chine to the beach. Had so much fun going into the heated outdoor pool in the dark in October!!! One for her to remember. Indoor pool was lovely too, as was the hot tub. Staff were all so friendly and helpful, kids club ( which we hardly used as we went to beach and other stuff) also looked good and I found myself having to persuade my daughter NOT to go!! Breakfast was very good, but I agree with another review, dinner a bit disappointing, I had lamb too! All portions were small, but quality was good. Cannot wait to return

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I've had to travel to Bournemouth 20 times on business in the last few months and this place has been a bit of a godsend. Bournemouth is just one large sprawling mass of retirement building and apartments etc.

The hotel is set in it's only private valley and has great sea views, so you feel like you are away from the masses, even though it couldn't be much more central.

Excellent breakfast, functional rooms, perfect for my business stays! For the price, head and shoulders above all the other places I've tried in the area.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I arrived a month early than they expected because I made a mistake with the online booking form. The reception staff still found me a room, helped me cancel the agency booking, and really could not have been more helpful on the day of my father's funeral. I found the room too hot - we couldn't keep the window open as it was a French door onto the balcony (room 202 had a beautiful sea view) - so I asked for - and got at an impressively high speed - a fan which we used to cool the room down with the sea breeze for a while, and thereafter had a much cooler night. We booked a table for an evening meal, which was beautifully prepared and presented, and the restaurant staff were cheerful and polite. The next morning we had one of the best hotel breakfasts I have experienced - you can always tell by whether the black pudding resembles a discus in form and texture - and I'm pleased to say that the food was excellently cooked and stored on the hotplate, and the black pudding didn't lacerate my gums. Checking out was simple and quick. I have only two minor niggles; car parking for hotels in Bournemouth is at a premium - The Chine is not the only one where you may find just a little walk from your car in busy periods. Most of the hotels were built in a different era, though, when car travel was something of a rarity, so you have to make allowances for that. In days gone by, the horse and carriage or the charabanc would have dropped you off with your luggage, now we bring our own horsepower and expect to be able to park it. The other niggle is that the décor is slightly worn - the stair carpet certainly will need replacing soon, and my husband noticed that one of the lights in our room was a bit precariously attached to the wall. But the bed was comfortable, the room and the bathroom were clean and not cramped, and the service was absolutely second to none. We both said that we would happily go back there, and that is the measure by which I have given them the highest accolade.

Room Tip: I think we had a room directly over the bar/restaurant. While it might be different when there is a wedding reception or other function going on, we heard very little noise at all. The hotel is a little way out of the town centre if that's important to you, but it wasn't to us.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hilary W
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Got this on a deal through Amazon Local. Great value for money although wouldn't have been happy paying full price. Leisure facilities were brill. Amazed to find outdoor pool open in October (And heated too). Rooms were spacious, clean and modernised although old wardrobes and furniture hardly made them boutique standard. Food was well presented. Breakfast was excellent. Dinner was pretty good. Chose the lamb and although it looked fabulous the meat had no taste what so ever, so a bit disappointing. Staff were very friendly. The location is excellent if you want quiet. It is Boscombe end so a long walk in to Bournemouth but this suited us. The Hotel's gardens are beautiful and lead straight on to the beach. Give it a try. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends