“Raf&Luciane”

The Chine Hotel
Ranked #24 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
“Raf&Luciane”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Chine for 2nights. Excellent customer service provide by staff. Rooms bit boring but overall acceptable. Good location to beach. I think hotel is perfect for family holiday. Soft play area for kids just spot on. Would recommend.

Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
London
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My 96 year old mother and I stayed 2 nights at the Chine last weekend. We were very very impressed. Particularly impressive was the staff's immediate and sensitive handling of a misunderstanding over the booking. We would not hesitate to stay at the Chine again. The meals on both evenings were terrific and also fantastic value. I greatly enjoyed a swim in the heated outdoor pool which took away all the stress from the journey to Bournemouth. Were it possible for the hotel and grounds to become fully wheelchair accessible then it would be absolutely perfect.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sh0rt-tripper
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a couple of nights with my 2 children and overall had a great time. Location perfect for the sandy beach, mini golf, a few restaurants and a kids peppa pig train ride down to the pier. Made use of both the hotels indoor and outdoor swimming pools and soft play area. Our room was very clean and had a sea view and large balcony. Had dinner in the hotel restaurant one night and the food was lovely and waiters were excellent, although the portion sizes were a little small for the price. My sons also enjoyed the kids entertainment of an evening, you have to sign a consent form and can leave the kids with the staff (as most seemed to do) but I stayed with mine and am glad I did as the children were allowed to leave and go find their parents alone which I don't feel comfortable with. Also, some of the behaviour/language of some of the kids there was absolutely shocking to say the least, and I'm not normally one to moan about kids at all! But that's not the hotels fault. All in all, good facilities and we had a nice break.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank katypotaty7
UK
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on business, admittedly it's not an ideal stay on business but it was the only hotel available in the area. Should I have stayed on pleasure my review might be different. First of all, the hotel had 55 parking spaces listed, I could see 8-10... I arrived at 9:30pm after a long stressful day. I went straight to the restaurant to be told it was closed and they are serving sandwiches at the bar. I ordered a Sandwich and an hour later I asked where it was, only to be told the chef had gone home, and they would find someone that could make a sandwich, I don't think if I hadn't asked they would have realised!... 1 hour 35minutes later my ham and cheese sandwich arrived. Absolutely shocking!! The room was large and spacious, however I did book a double room and I had two single beds pushed together and they were different heights, that doesn't count as a double room does it, that is a twin room!? This is definitely not the hotel to stay at if your traveling on business... The location is great and the hotel has character however it simply just added more stress to an already stressful day! I invite the hotel management to contact me to discuss my feedback further.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Oliwhitney
Maidenhead, Berks
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from long weekend stay at The Chine with my wife, daughter, son and law and grandchildren, twins of 16 months and a seven year boy.
Room 22 being a family room was a good size and room for twin travel cots as well as the bunk beds. Apart from a well worn carpet I have no complaints. Bed very comfortable
Breakfast was good and although busy we were well looked after. Dinner was exceptionally good value and service excellent As we visit our father in Boscombe often we will certainly return there for dinner.
Children loved the pool and indoor activity centre
Hotel well positioned for beach and shops and had a good walk to Bournemouth. If you fancy fish and chips try Sunnys. Five minute walk away great fresh fare at good value

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RayMaidenhead
N.Lincs
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Visited with our two grandchildren aged 10 and 14. Found that any small problems were dealt with very quickly and to our satisfaction. Had no major problems.
Staff found to be friendly and efficient.
Be advised that parking is a problem especially when events taking place at the hotel and would advise that if possible use excellent bus service nearby.
Agree with other reviewers that some of the carpets in communal areas are threadbare in places and hotel could do with coat of paint in places.
Room was comfortable and sheets were changed at least twice in 9 day stay, towels changed more frequently. 10 year olds feet tended to get a bit dirty after she had been dancing around room barefoot.
Had requested room with sea view and was more than happy with it.
Outdoor and inside pools used frequently and were good
Breakfast was outstanding probably best we have had in a hotel over last 10 years. Dinner tasted good but overpriced so we tended to eat out.
Three weddings held there during our stay but had no problems with noise.
Beach only few minutes walk away through gardens but be warned it is steep on way back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here a couple of weekends ago and we managed a last minute booking. As my wife has stayed at the other hotels in the chain (Sandbanks and The Haven) we were quite pleased to secure a last minute room overlooking the sea.
The parking is at a premium here so be prepared to have to walk a short way. There is an overspill car park about 5 minutes walk away.
On arrival it was abundantly clear that a wedding was about to take place as there were several people all dressed up smoking, drinking and swearing at the front steps to the Hotel.
Once past that all was fine and we went to our room that had a small balcony overlooking the sea. Very comfortable and clean so no issues there.
We made use of the bar before dinner and all was well, there was plenty of available tables in the restaurant and the waiter was excellent. There was a set menu which I normally try to avoid but the food was very good and we had an excellent experience.
It went downhill after about 11pm when we returned to our room. Directly below us was the wedding party which was in full swing. Our balcony was placed just above the area where the smokers congregated and so we had to endure the loud conversations that accompanied the smoking. The music finally ended at 1am and then of course the room parties started.
All in all, this was not a Hotel in which to rest and recuperate. The breakfast area in the morning was mobbed and the staff were at straining point in dealing with the masses.
The pool seemed a good bet for us to slink over to after breakfast to escape the masses. Sadly there were several of the wedding party guests around the pool who were doing their best to brag about their room parties and drinking exploits. There were two men in the pool clearing their throats and spitting into the pool - nice.
All in all we felt that we had been a little unfortunate in booking at the same time as this large function. This place is a wedding venue and so I thoroughly recommend that you check prior to booking if you want a quiet stay.
I would probably be persuaded to stay again so long as it was a midweek booking.

I did express my disappointment to the reception when settling the bill. Sadly, I think the staff are immune to these sort of complaints. We checked out at 11am and as we walked out we had to ask several people to move out of the way to let us pass. These people were clearly part of the wedding party and were sitting on the steps of the Hotel smoking and drinking.
Not a positive experience for anyone staying there.

Great location and faultless service both in the bar and restaurant.
Set in lovely gardens and a short walk to the beach
Check before you book............

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple