“excellent hotel with fabulous outdoor pool”
Review of Chine Hotel

Chine Hotel
Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
London
“excellent hotel with fabulous outdoor pool”
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I really liked this charming hotel with its lovely garden, outdoor pool and path to the beach. We had a king size room room, in the older part of the hotel with a massive window and a sea view, we watched the full moon over the sea . Everything was well kept and comfortable. Nice breakfast well presented in room overlooking the sea and gardens. I plan to go back. We stayed in the Sandbanks in May which was much more expensive and not nice.This hotel is maybe a bit less suitable for young children or people who cant manage steps. We didnt try the bar or restaurant

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
UK
Reviewed 25 June 2010

I went to this hotel as my friend was having her wedding reception there. After getting over £8 for a glass of wine I settled in for the night. I went to breakfast the next morning which was very nice with a good selection.However when I got back to my room I found that I had been burgled. The receptionist was quick to come to my room to find out what had happened but that is it. It is now two weeks later and I am still waiting for somebody to get back to me with regards to insurance. The staff there have been contradicting each other and don't really seem to care that a theft happened in their hotel. I have written to the hotel manager and to the owner but still have had no response.
The hotel itself is lovely, views are beautiful and the gardens are very pretty. The food is wonderful and in relation to the drinks, is very reasonably priced and they will also change the food slightly for you if you ask them. I would reccomend this hotel to people but I would say don't expect the staff to be helpful if anything happens while you are there. It's such a shame that the staff let this hotel down.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank LadyP33
HotelResponsePoole, Owner at Chine Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2010
LadyP33 – We are sorry that you felt the need to place this comment on Trip Advisor, as the sequence of events following the alleged burglary was unfortunate. All correct authorities were informed on the day and were working with us. This can be difficult at times when staff availability is based on shift patterns.

It’s always useful to remember when having to deal with external authorities and our own internal processes that generally accepted timescales may be elongated.

I understand this matter has now been resolved with the management.
Canaries, preferably
Reviewed 20 June 2010

This hotel is a very good 3 star hotel and base for Bournemouth. There is some parking at the front. Communal areas are nice and rooms are large. The gardens are lovely, there is a pool, and a path leading down to the beach. Beds are large and comfortable, bathrooms are fine. Breakfasts were good

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 12 June 2010

For a 3 star hotel I couldn't have expected any more. the staff are extremely pleasant, although, sometimes a little under-trained, but pleasant non-the-less, the location is fabulous, beautiful beach at the end of the garden, spa very nice, clean, well maintained and although we were in one of the rooms that have not been re-furbished, it was fine. A little dated and tired, a bit dusty behind the beds and drawers, but a view (we booked a sea view with balcony), to die for.

We stayed here for a few nights whilst our children were away on their school trip, so during a quiet period. But we will re-book to come back with children during August, I just hope i'm not disappointed with the volume of children in the resturants, spa and pool areas, that are un-supervised. I did notice tell-tale signs of this, with sctraches on tables etc. created by children that are clearly allowed to run riot whilst mum and dad watch on proudly.

If you do stay in this area, you must take a visit across the chain ferry from Sandbanks, to Shell Bay and Studland. When the sun is out, you could be anywhere in the world... Absolutely beautiful.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ediefrombromley
london
Reviewed 8 June 2010

I booked this hotel via Booking.com a couple of months in advance and managed to get a very cheap deal of £45 for a single room. I wasn't expecting more than a bed to sleep in at night and a breakfast in the morning. What we got was a great hotel which catered for all age groups and so many extras that you could actually stay here quite happy for a whole week!

The reception looks very inviting and the decor being to a high standard. Staff were all very friendly and efficient. We had a porter to carry bags to room, hotel is quite large with lots of different areas and floors which makes the building look more interesting.
The room looked recently decorated with all modern furniture and was spotlessly clean.
My mother had a double room which was huge with a big plasma screen and queen size bed, she is very fussy and notices every little imperfection and even she was very impressed.

It was a lovely hot weekend so we got to take advantage of walking around the gardens, there are so many nooks and crannies with ponds, waterfalls and lots of nice flowers. The gardens wind there way down to the beach and you come out right at the Boscombe Pier which makes it very easy to switch between relaxing on beach or in the gardens.
Lovely outdoor heated pool with sun loungers. There is also a great indoor pool with jacuzzi and sauna.

We had our evening meal in the restaurant/bar, prices are fairly high for drinks but we were happy to spend as we had saved on cost of rooms. Restaurants looks out to the coast which is a nice touch.
There was a wedding going on at the time so hotel was fairly busy however it was nice to see the guests happy and enjoying the day.

Breakfast was great, again a sea view - it was busy with the wedding party there but staff were helpful. Lots of choice from hot, cold and fruit selections.
Check out was easy and then even let my dad park at hotel for rest of the day so got to spend the rest of the afternoon out at the pool.

I have stayed in many hotels abroad and am very surprised that this hotel is not a 4*.

I would recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
HotelResponsePoole, Owner at Chine Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2010
Marfey – thanks for your fabulous review of the Chine. It’s always great to hear positive feedback, especially when we are able to exceed your initial expectations!
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2010

This hotel is great for families with young children without having the feel of a 'holiday camp'! The staff are efficient and friendly...with a relaxed approach. The public areas are stylish and modern with great seaviews!

This hotel offers a combination of charm and comfort...ideal for all occasions.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
HotelResponsePoole, Management Representative at Chine Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2010
sandi29 – Thank you for your comments. We are pleased that you had some an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the staff both efficient and friendly.
We hope to see you again soon.
Kent
Reviewed 16 May 2010

We have stayed at this hotel before, and had no hesitation in booking another short stay. I was rather surprised that our room had a balcony, with a lovely view over the garden, but it was a pleasant surprise!
Everything in the room was clean and plenty of tea, coffee, biscuits etc were on offer. There were enough towels and toiletries also.
Breakfast was buffet-style, and there was certainly enough - rolls, croissants, pain au chocolat, meats, cheeses, fresh fruit, yogurts, along with the usual cooked English breakfast. The service in the restaurant was very good.
The young lady at reception, Petra, was also very good and welcoming - she did seem to work incredibly long hours!
The negatives - the parking is fairly dire, but we did know this and were prepared, especially as we had been warned of a couple of functions taking place during our stay. We had been told that the music would finish by 12 midnight, when it was nearer 1am before it all stopped. It didn't bother me - I was flat out! But my husband found the noise a little too much, especially as we had a long journey back home the next day.
I would appreciate a non-slip mat being available in the bath/shower. There is a non-slip surface of sorts, but it was a little slippy. A handle on the wall above the bath would be helpful.
All in all a good hotel, lovely gardens, great access to the beach, pleasant staff.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Margandy – thank you for your recent review. We are pleased that you have once again had a pleasant stay with us.

With regard to your comments regarding the bath/shower. Unfortunately, as you say part of the area is covered with a non-slip surface, this means that we are unable to provide mats as it would not stick correctly across the two different surfaces. We have, however, noted your comments about a handle being of assistance.

Your kind comments regarding Petra have been past to both her and her line Manager. I am sure she will be pleased to have her assistance recognised.

I am sorry to hear that your husband was disturbed by the noise of a function, and apologise for the confusion regarding the finish time.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.