Lovely old building in excellent position with views over the sea. Nicely kept gardens. Main public area's were clean and well kept. We had a large room with a shared balcony and walk in shower. The size was great, but furniture and general decor was a bit tired and bed a bit springy. Shower room was too small. Service was excellent and other facilities in the room great. Food in the excellent dining room was very good, service the best and staff were both well dressed, helpful and very curteous. Would be nice if the decor was updated, but will definately come back again. Warning my mother is disabled, she has a small scooter, these do not fit in the lift, so we had to leave it in the reception, and she had to use her walker to get upstairs. Also the scooter didn't fit into the lift that took you down to the beach level.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Hotel Miramar is an Edwardian building featuring Roman inspired pillars and curved balconies that overlook the sea and the landscaped gardens. Located less than a mile from Bournemouth town centre and offering free Wi-Fi and free private parking. The award-winning chef serves such delights as Tempura Prawns and Roasted Cannon of Lamb from the seaview restaurant, as well as a traditional Sunday lunch. Afternoon tea including sandwiches and scones are offered from the Ocean Bar and Terrace, as well as a lighter lunch menu. All rooms at the Miramar offer either sea or garden views and some room types feature large private balconies. All rooms include a flat-screen TV with Freeview, tea/coffee making facilities, as well as a seating area and a tiled en suite bathroom. Bournemouth Rail Station is located within a mile of the hotel and the sea front can be reached within 5 minutes on foot. Sandbanks, a popular and prestigious peninsula in England, is just a 15-minute drive away. This is our guests' favorite part of Bournemouth, according to independent reviews. This property is also rated for the best value in Bournemouth! Guests are getting more for their money when compared to other properties in this city. We speak your language! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Expedia, LateRooms and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Miramar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miramar Hotel Bournemouth
- Bournemouth Hotel Miramar
- Miramar Bournemouth