We had our ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening reception at the miramar on the 7th April 2012. The location was excellent enabling us to get married on the lawn looking over the sea. We then managed to get to the beach easily as the cliff lift is only 100 meter walk away. As a result we had some fantastic photos. We looked at about 15 hotels in Bournemouth and the miramar was head and shoulders above the rest.
We were awkward and wanted one large dinning table for our 40 guests. The hotel facilitated this and it looked brilliant.
The staff were very good, all polite, helpful and efficient to every request.
David Baily (hotel manager) met with us several times before the big day. He helped us plan every aspect of the iday and gave us some very useful advice to make the day run smoothly. Several of our suppliers told us that David is the best wedding organiser in Bournemouth. We can see why.
The evening reception worked really well. Our evening buffet was the sausages and burgers. These were excellent quality and there was loads of food left over after everyone had eaten.
All in all we had a fantastic day and we can highly recommend the hotel as a wedding venue. Our day was made perfect by the venue and it's staff.
Our pictures of this venue are online if you are planning a wedding you may want to have a look at them at http://www.byjason.eu/070412 these will show you what a lovely venue the miramar is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Hotel Miramar is an Edwardian building featuring Roman inspired pillars and curved balconies that overlook the sea and the landscaped gardens. Located less than a mile from Bournemouth town centre and offering free Wi-Fi and free private parking. The award-winning chef serves such delights as Tempura Prawns and Roasted Cannon of Lamb from the seaview restaurant, as well as a traditional Sunday lunch. Afternoon tea including sandwiches and scones are offered from the Ocean Bar and Terrace, as well as a lighter lunch menu. All rooms at the Miramar offer either sea or garden views and some room types feature large private balconies. All rooms include a flat-screen TV with Freeview, tea/coffee making facilities, as well as a seating area and a tiled en suite bathroom. Bournemouth Rail Station is located within a mile of the hotel and the sea front can be reached within 5 minutes on foot. Sandbanks, a popular and prestigious peninsula in England, is just a 15-minute drive away. This is our guests' favorite part of Bournemouth, according to independent reviews. This property is also rated for the best value in Bournemouth! Guests are getting more for their money when compared to other properties in this city. We speak your language! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and LateRooms so you can book your Hotel Miramar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miramar Hotel Bournemouth
- Bournemouth Hotel Miramar
- Miramar Bournemouth