Stayed in this hotel for one night, a double and 2 singles. The rooms were clean and tidy and I found the bed comfortable though we all had to switch off our radiators and open the windows as the rooms were stifling when we arrived (though it was cold and wet outside). Public areas also overheated. We are not elderly and it may be that many residents feel the cold more than us.
We didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening though had breakfast. Initially they wanted to seat us seperately as the restaurant staff did not know that the 3 rooms were booked together. I think we were lucky that someone had just vacated a table for 4. Always look forward to a full English when away as rare at home but this was disappointing, as the elements were not very good quality especially the sausage and mushrooms (tinned?). Miniscle fried bread. The scrambled egg was good and freshly made but overall not a very generous plate of food.
Generally we found the staff to be polite and helpful, no problems with service. The hotel was attractive and well furnished (and we were excited to find that JRR Tolkein had spent many holidays there). We would probably stay again if the right price as more comfortable and a better service than a chain hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Hotel Miramar is an Edwardian building featuring Roman inspired pillars and curved balconies that overlook the sea and the landscaped gardens. Located less than a mile from Bournemouth town centre and offering free Wi-Fi and free private parking. The award-winning chef serves such delights as Tempura Prawns and Roasted Cannon of Lamb from the seaview restaurant, as well as a traditional Sunday lunch. Afternoon tea including sandwiches and scones are offered from the Ocean Bar and Terrace, as well as a lighter lunch menu. All rooms at the Miramar offer either sea or garden views and some room types feature large private balconies. All rooms include a flat-screen TV with Freeview, tea/coffee making facilities, as well as a seating area and a tiled en suite bathroom. Bournemouth Rail Station is located within a mile of the hotel and the sea front can be reached within 5 minutes on foot. Sandbanks, a popular and prestigious peninsula in England, is just a 15-minute drive away. This is our guests' favorite part of Bournemouth, according to independent reviews. This property is also rated for the best value in Bournemouth! Guests are getting more for their money when compared to other properties in this city. We speak your language! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and LateRooms so you can book your Hotel Miramar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miramar Hotel Bournemouth
- Bournemouth Hotel Miramar
- Miramar Bournemouth