My wife and I recently stayed for one night on a dinner bed and breakfast basis at the Miramar.Although we had been to the hotel for tea on several occasions,this was the first time we stayed.
Reception staff were very friendly and helpful and our room,a standard double was warm and comfortable, although the bed was a little hard for my liking it suited my wife.The bathroom was a tad on the small side but was well equipped and even the shower was ok........a bit of a rarity in many hotels.
We enjoyed our dinner and the food was efficiently served and very tasty with decent sized portions.We also enjoyed a complimentary bottle of wine having signed up to the hotel's Privilege Card.Coffee and mints were served in the lounge.
We ordered early morning tea in our room which was supplied at no charge.....again a nice and rare touch.Breakfast was good especially the generous sized portions of smoked haddock with poached eggs.
A friendly farewell and check-out at reception and we were on our way.
One small point was the bar service before dinner.A bit hit and miss we thought and a smile or two wouldn't go amiss!
In summary,a very pleasant cosy hotel offering a high degree of comfort and good food at a very reasonable price.Good parking too.
We shall return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Hotel Miramar is an Edwardian building featuring Roman inspired pillars and curved balconies that overlook the sea and the landscaped gardens. Located less than a mile from Bournemouth town centre and offering free Wi-Fi and free private parking. The award-winning chef serves such delights as Tempura Prawns and Roasted Cannon of Lamb from the seaview restaurant, as well as a traditional Sunday lunch. Afternoon tea including sandwiches and scones are offered from the Ocean Bar and Terrace, as well as a lighter lunch menu. All rooms at the Miramar offer either sea or garden views and some room types feature large private balconies. All rooms include a flat-screen TV with Freeview, tea/coffee making facilities, as well as a seating area and a tiled en suite bathroom. Bournemouth Rail Station is located within a mile of the hotel and the sea front can be reached within 5 minutes on foot. Sandbanks, a popular and prestigious peninsula in England, is just a 15-minute drive away. This is our guests' favorite part of Bournemouth, according to independent reviews. This property is also rated for the best value in Bournemouth! Guests are getting more for their money when compared to other properties in this city. We speak your language! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Miramar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miramar Hotel Bournemouth
- Bournemouth Hotel Miramar
- Miramar Bournemouth