“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Cambridge UK
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed just one night in a single room. I was impressed by the high standards throughout this hotel and loved my room.

The staff are very helpful, in fact I could not fault the Hotel.. Breakfast was also very good.

I will be returning !!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank wilko50

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here over the recent bank holiday weekend which has the Wheels Festival on right outside the hotel. I was impressed with the gardens and inside decor of the hotel and staff were generally helpful and courteous. The main problem we found with this hotel was the soundproofing between rooms. Our room was on the first floor overlooking the garden. The doors banged loudly when shut and unfortunately for us we had some Saturday night revellers next door making a lot of noise before going out and then when returning in the early hours and annoyingly someone intermittently banging on a door from 3-4am and shouting. Nobody from the hotel came to stop this disturbance. The next day there was a wedding on and the evening event was under our room meaning we could hear the thump of music. We did leave for dinner and when we returned after 11 the wedding had finished and it was quiet. Hotel is in a good location by the seafront up on the Westcliff - The best rooms though are at the front of the hotel. The hotel room and areas downstairs was clean and well maintained.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tebbski
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This traditional hotel has a wonderful location on the gorgeous sea front and is in the process of being refurbished therefore some areas are far nicer than others. The afternoon tea was pleasant and reasonable in quality for £26.50, the room however, was very small, dated in decor and stuffy-no air conditioning. We were warmly welcomed on check in and the lovely older gentleman serving the evening bar was a delight when we returned from a concert at the BIC soaking wet, he rustled up a steaming pot of wonderful hot chocolate. Unfortunately our stay was marred by the dreadful restaurant manager who was both rude and sarcastic towards me and my guest. We arrived for breakfast a few minutes before it was due to open and were happy to wait however, 4 people were already being served and we had overheard a gentleman being invited into the breakfast room as they were "now open". We waited and waited to be seated with 2 members of staff totally ignoring us. I then went to the reception desk to ask if we could go in. The Restaurant Manager told me we were too early, (it was now 7:57am). I told her that people were already seated and she replied that those were guests who had booked. I informed the manager that I had booked and gave her our room number. I was told she would try and make a space for us!! I again said that we had booked. We were lead to a table were I asked for tea, the waiter responded sharply that he would take me order soon. I just wanted a cup of tea!! The waiters appeared flustered and therefore our breakfast was an altogether stressful experience. Breakfast should be a highlight of a stay, a treat for those of us that work really hard and don't usually get breakfast in the week, let alone a cooked one. On check out we raised the issue of the restaurant manager`s attitude towards us and the receptionist laughed. What a dreadful end to an otherwise nice stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jo W
Wallingford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Went for a short stay with my wife and a group of friends recently, was very impressed with the service and quality of food. All staff were professional but welcoming and all needs attended to efficiently and with a smile. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting a hotel with a homely feel but with all the features you'd expect from a modern hotel. This is what must have attracted JRR Tolkien to stay here and why he kept returning year after year. Wonderful to think that he may have been inspired to write some of his masterpieces here. And a great seafront location to boot...

Room Tip: Many rooms have a side view to the sea, ours did!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alexander M
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I visited this hotel for a business meeting and was pleased to find that they have a large car park at the front.

The hotel building is old but with lots of character.

I went into reception and there was a very pleasant gentleman waiting for guests and he took me to the room I needed to go for my meeting which was really helpful as there were several meetings going on and it would have been easy to go to the wrong room.

The meeting was held in a large room overlooking the garden and then the sea, it was a lovely outlook sitting in the window.

A light breakfast was provided of pastries and bacon rolls. Coffee was made to order and served to us again by another very pleasant member of staff.

The general clientele in the hotel seemed to be the older generation.

I visited the toilets before leaving and these were clean and presentable.

I cannot comment on the rooms as I didn't stay but I can say that it was a pleasant place to visit and they seem to have trained their staff well to look after visitors.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank AngieP49
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have visited The HOTEL MIRAMAR in Bournemouth for the last 17 years and so you can see we love this lovely hotel which has lovely gardens with palm trees over looking the sea in lovely Bournemouth.The staff are so friendly and efficient.This year we stayed at the end of April
for 6 days and enjoyed every minute of the relaxing atmosphere,together with excellent food and
very comfortable bedrooms.The hotel has undergone further renovations and commands 4 stars.
There is a large secure car park at the rear of the hotel.Concierge to welcome you and to assist
with luggage. We shall keep coming back each year and look forward to our next time .
WE CAN RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR THAT SPECIAL HOTEL.

Room Tip: just ask reception for what you require and they will assist you to give you the perfect stay.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Malcolm B
from midlands
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My husband &I have just returned from another break at the miramar Hotel,We have lost count how many times we have been. We do know it will not be the last visit.!! Everything was superb no surprise there! Staff so friendly & efficent. Congratulations on being awarded Four star status you certainly deserve it. We loved the new decor etc. very tasteful. Thank you all for all your hard work to ensure we had a wonderful stay. Regards from brian& Sheila room 117.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple