“FANTATIC BREAK”

The Trouville Hotel
Ranked #42 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Took my mum to this hotel for a 5 day break on a coach holiday with Whites from Sutton in Ashfield, Notts. On arrival there was refeshments laid on for us whilst our luggage was taken to our rooms/ I had room 301 and my mum had 303. The rooms were beautiful and comfortable. The food was excellent, one evening didn't like anything on the menu but the Resturant manager ordered another choice for me. Reception staff were all pleasant and the rooms were cleaned every day. How anyone can grumble about this hotel I just don't know. The management must be very proud of their staff. I would like to return again the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Midlandsman56

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Well, this hotel was for a one night stay, local to amenities. Great location, free parking. On arrival was greeted and handed keys to room 214. 214 is front of hotel facing main road which leads to town centre and sea front . We checked bathroom which was run down,with one tap working no top on cold tap. Sink that filled and blocked on use. This room is a great size , to which we had no complaints at first thinking it's only for a one night stay. We went for a walk into town centre to eat and returned at about 8 pm. When we walked to our room we could smell cigarette smoke very strongly. We stayed in our room watching tv as we had early start. At 11pm my daughter said this is a joke the traffic noise was constant , she put earphones on but to no avail. Then the smell of smoke was so bad in our room we rang reception. The man on the night desk had explained he had reports of someone smoking but could not find the culprit. He knocked on doors but just got no response. He implied the room we were given was not a good standard room and said he moving us. We were given keys to a suite room which was perfect. Large Airy room with a double and single bed in. Huge clean bathroom which looked like a renovated room. We were pleased to be away from the smoking culprits, and a good nights sleep was had after a stressful start. Morning came round quickly to which we had a nice shower, followed by a very ample breakfast which we cannot fault. The service in this hotel is very good. I explained on check out my disappointment to the smoking, and was told they were investigating the problem. I told him of the concern this caused as there are no fire doors between the rooms on the floor we were on, in the case of fire we would suffer at the hands of this person.The staff at this hotel are very pleasant and were embarrassed for our complaint and situation that arose. He explained the manager would be informed. I hope this hotel does not suffer for someone's selfish attitude that could cost this hotel their reputation and possible a closure due to fire and safety reasons. It only takes a few steps to be outside to have a cigarette. All in all I would say room 204 is a great room. Holiday season approaching let's hope some more rooms are up to standard and No Smoking !!!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank holidaysExeter
Reviewed 6 March 2014

stayed there from the 17th feb for 5days never again.our floorboards creeked every step you took same in every other room.we had spanish workers in the room above and they woke us 6a.m. every morning my room no.was 208 food was ok but evening meal if you didnt have starters you had to wait a good 45 minutes to get served your main course.staff were ok but they wont see me again

Room Tip: dont have 208
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank ed l
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Made an overnight stay at the Trouville, as a friend recommended the hotel. Worst mistake ever. Every inch of our floor boards creaked at near talking volume, the reception on the television was poor, the heating remained on full the entire night and couldn't be turned off. I was unable to open the windows due to the excessive road noise. An airlock in the plumbing caused grinding sound in pairs every minuet (timed it) of every hour until 2 in the morning which competed with the creaking footsteps above our head. The creaking from above resumed at around 7am, so very little sleep had by all. Shower was unacceptably cold, and when we used the spa facilities the sauna was switched off. Location is convenient and breakfast is acceptable, but won’t be rushing back, as there are many better hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms away from road have less noise, top floors will have no one above you to creak around at night...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Beth D
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The hotel is in a good location near the beach and town centre. The staff are friendly and helpful. Good facilities including a large car park and 1st class breakfast. Value for money was excellent.The only downside were the creaking floorboards everywhere but this did not distract from an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We booked single rooms for the weekend at £25 per room per night B&B, which was excellent value. The rooms themselves were unexceptional but quite comfortable, although the shower in one of the bathrooms ran cold. The bar and dining room were pleasant and breakfast was fine, and they provided gluten free bread for coeliac guests which was great. The pool and sauna area, while old fashioned, was clean and we had it to ourselves. The staff were generally helpful. The location is great, handy for getting most places in Bournemouth. There are certainly much worse and much better places to stay in Bournemouth, and I would return again at the right price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I visit Bournemouth every couple of months,we normally stay at the premier inn however unfortunately they were booked up so we looked for a hotel that's close to everything hence we came across the trouville.... Big mistake!! From entering the hotel it looks very nice and clean the receptionist was more interested talking to a colleague rather than booking us in which in my eyes first impressions count. Our room was on the 3rd floor over looking the road which I requested the lift is incredibly dated as my daughter found out I walked the 3 flights up to the room and every floorboards creaked, the room itself was not that clean various marks on the wall, bath was not cleaned, bed creaked along with the floorboards every step you took ,went to make a coffee and stale water from previous people was still in a very scaled dirty kettle... we ate in the bar that evening finally got our meal 50mins after ordering it not good service at all.... The night was noisey and disturbed sleep not because of the traffic but the constant door banging and the room being incredibly hot despite turning the radiator down and the window open all night.... We went out early next morning and decided that we would go home a night early telling the guy on reception we were leaving as the room was dirty when we arrived his reply was you should have said and we would have cleaned it... Am I missing the point are rooms not ready for occupying until a certain time because this task is being done? ...we left no refund and no apologies... If you want a fawlty towers experience book here if not avoid at all cost!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends