Lock in the lowest price from these sites
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 August 2023

Lovely hotel,ran by the most friendly of staff,always willing to please & led by an amazing lady named EMMA.
The food was freshly cooked to perfection.The hotel is within walking distance to all amenities,which is great.
Will definitely be going back in the near future.

Room tip: Excellent service,staff out of this world, food Excellent & ideally placed for all attractions.
Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank steven m
Reviewed 29 July 2023

Me and my boyfriend went on holiday and found them really nice people Emma and her team and the owner was so friendly nothing is to much trouble to ask I would highly recommend this hotel for gay friendly and other people the food is very good Emma is very importing she make sure everything is right nothing is too much trouble to ask I would highly recommend this hotel for all needs there are really nice so in our experience I would highly recommend this stay to all coach companies and private people too if I could I would of worked here also regards to owner he was nice man to speak to but in my experience for first time at this hotel I would say Emma and her fantastic team do a great job and I will be highly recommend this hotel thanks brad and david

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2023

We stayed at The Durley Grange Hotel from May 14-20th 2023 as part of an Alfa Travel tour, Bournemouth and Beaulieu. The Durley Grange Hotel has the potential to become a very good hotel. There are a lot of good points, but one major deficiency the staffing level. I discussed this with Emma, the House Manager who is the driving force in the hotel, but the problem seems to be the difficulty of recruiting staff. The lack of fully trained serving staff in the restaurant results in a slow service particularly for the evening meal. A proper system where each member of the serving staff has an allocated number of tables and has responsibility for those tables and works efficiently bringing out the maximum number of meals at once and does not waste time walking in and out of the kitchen empty handed. I noted an improvement in this during the week although it was not reflected in the total serving time.
One of the good points about the hotel is the quality and quantity of the food which is superior to the average Leisureplex Hotel and the friendliness of the staff is a plus point too. Comment cards are available to give your opinion of the hotel and Emma welcomes criticism We were in room 213 on the second floor. It was kept clean and tidy and there was always instant hot water. The kettle provided in the room is a full-size fast boil which is unusual in a hotel. The room had plenty of wardrobe space and plenty of hangers and more than enough drawer space and was the room was exceptionally quiet. On the down side, the room was not particularly large and the view uninspiring and the water pressure was insufficient to have a decent shower, only two power points which can be a bit restrictive in this day and age and partly because of the size of the room only one chair to sit on.
The practice of waiting in the lounge to be given information on the time for tea and breakfast is not usual on coach holidays and I don’t think it has happened before and this was our 70th coach holiday. The mass exodus to the rooms caused severe congestion, the normal practice is for someone to come on the coach and tell you the times for tea and breakfast and where to pick up your room keys.
The lift in the hotel is very small and the stairs are quite steep so not ideal for people with limited mobility unless they are on the ground floor. The stairs and corridor lighting are controlled by motion sensors and some do not come on soon enough (stairs to room 213), this was mentioned to the contract electrician.
I think ours was only the second Alfa tour to use the hotel so while the staffing level may be adequate for a smaller number of guests a full coach of 40 are not going to get the service in the restaurant that they would receive at a normal Alfa hotel. It is amazing what was achieved with the number of people, but it is too reliant on Emma, the house manager, contributing so much.

Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2023

JUST GOT BACK FROM A COACH TOUR WITH ALFA COACHES THE HOTEL WAS VERY TIDY AND VERY CLEAN THE MANAGERESS WAS VERY HELPFULL AND THE FOOD WAS SOME OFTHE BEST WE HAVE HAD ON OUR COACH HOLIDAYS ONLY LETDOWN WAS THEY COULD NOT GET ANY STAFF AND MANAGER HAD TO DO MOST OF THE SERVNGBY HER SELF SHE IS HOPING TO GET MORE STAFFVERY SOON ENTERTAINMENT WAS VERY GOOD ON 2 NIGHTSBAR WAS WELL PRICED I WOULD RETURN TO THIS HOTEL

Room tip: NOT OPEN YET
Date of stay: April 2023
1  Thank hollandp22
Reviewed 30 August 2022 via mobile

Pros - Nice breakfast
Cons - Filthy dirty room, peeling paint , mould , bed linen torn , dust on power sockets, nail varnish on curtains , shower grime mould, rusty light switches , taps rusty , dated room. When served breakfast i was asked would you like it on your lap or table. Excuse me?? Is this sarcasm or wind up WTF. I did not use the pool as smelt of urine. Noise from pool could hear from room and guests swearing kids teens affected my relaxing break.

Room tip: Make sure room is spotless
Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple