“Perfect!”

Mansfield Hotel
Ranked #77 of 131 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in the winter and it was just perfect. Staff were very friendly, the rooms are surprisingly large. During my time there, i stayed in 2 different rooms and both were just perferct! The location is also good, so close to the sea and close to town too!! I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank JerryDavis82

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I needed a place to stay last minute and found this hotel and what a discovery it was. They promptly booked me into a very large double room and the staff were so pleasant - full of smiles :) One guy there, I think ihis name was Abaro, he was just amazing, anything we asked for, he had an answer. In the morning we were further amazed by the location of this hotel as it is a stone throw away from a wonderful cliff that also leads to the beach.When in bournemouth next, I would definately stay there again and would recommend anyone to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room 29 if you can
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I was in Mansfield Hotel in a trip with some friends and we stayed there for more than 2 weeks. The food was really good and the people working there was always really nice. The hotel is really close to the town center (about 10 minutes walking) and to the beach. There is a bar, a big tv in the lounge and I really enjoyed the wii there. The rooms where we stayed were renovated recently so they were very comfortable and very cosy. I really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I was in this hotel for 2 week. The room is just terrible. Moreover, the services in this hotel is rubbish. When i arrived at the hotel with many bags and suitcases. However, I did take them to the room by myself while the hotel's man was siting at the reception. The attitude of the staff in there is awful. You can not imagine how bad they are. Last thing, I recommend you do not forget any things there like wallet, expensive shoes or clothes and so on. If you do, I'm sure that they re gonna throw them into the bin whatever it is. I witnessed this situation. That time, I left my D&G shoes there, then when I came back for my shoes, I looked for them by my hand without any help in the black bin with the whole rubbish of this hotel. I'm not sure what will happen if it is a wallet instead. Please, I suggest you should stay in your car rather than this hotel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Nav K, General Manager at Mansfield Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Guest

I’m sorry to learn of these issues. I would like to remind you that during the winter months we do not operate as a hotel, but only as a self catering student residence. This means that certain services such as the bar, restaurant and reception are not open, which is reflected in
the discounted prices students pay for the rooms.

Please remember that on the day of arrival you signed a contract that very clearly states students must leave the room clean and tidy on checkout. I remember checking the room after you left and finding it extremely messy and with rubbish everywhere.The state of the room made it appear that all that was left had been abandoned and abandoned items are naturally disposed of straight away. This seemed even more apparent as you told me you were going back to your home country.

We will certainly review procedures to better differentiate between rubbish and lost or mislaid property, which we attempt to have returned to owners - but hope you will appreciate that in such circumstances, this can be difficult.

You were here for a total of four weeks and never once mentioned you were unhappy or had a problem with the hotel. If this was the case, I wish you had brought it to our attention so perhaps we could have done something. I do feel that in the absence of any previous complaints, and the inadvertent loss of your property, you have been unfair in your rating and comments. We have spent a considerable amount of time and money on refurbishment and quality of service since taking over in August 2007 and are a highly rated winter student accommodation and many residents, including your cousin, have commented how happy they were to stay here.
England
Reviewed 25 February 2007

I stayed at the hotel for two nights in February 2007 as part of a stag night. Although it was fit for that purpose, it wasn't the most comfortable hotel in which to spend a longer time. The rooms were fairly small and some (but not all) of the on-suite bathrooms were very dated and had no proper showers (just one of those devices that fit onto the taps). The hotel does have parking, but it's not really sufficient, so cars end up double parked, blocking one another in (we had to leave our keys at reception in case the car needed to be moved). On the plus side, the location is good for the beach and for the town centre, and the breakfast was decent. Also, there is a bar in the hotel.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The bathroom
  • Stayed February 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank lollo2304
Hampshire UK
Reviewed 19 February 2006

We stayed at this Hotel for just one night, and that was quite enough really!
The Hotel is only a two star which I guess is about right for the standard of accomodation. Generally in need of modernisation throughtout. The bedroom furniture was very, very dated almost antique!
Staff were pleasant enough.
Breakfast was a Full English and adequate.
The Hotel just reminded us of the infamous Bates Motel and made stepping into the shower an adventure!
All in all ok for one night but much improvement needed to make you want to book for longer.

5 Thank stanrn