Burley Court Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth Carlton(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$163
Hotels.com
Park Central Hotel(Bournemouth)
US$120
US$129
US$97
US$89
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$89
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$194
  • Pool
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$64
US$151
US$120
Priceline
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$148
PremierInn.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewstown centrefree car parkvery nice staychoice of cerealsthree stargood sizelast minute bookinglounge
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Booked into the hotel , and was amazed how shabby / 1970's the room decor was.
Shower had seen better days ,furniture was old and the floor really creaked , television in position only a gymnast could view.
Now for the food , I have eaten better school dinners and the breakfast to be quite honest was unedible.
It would appear that this hotel is struggling , which is a shame because it is a great location , and has great potential , just needs some major ivestment to bring it up to standard.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We booked this hotel when we were in Bournemouth to see jimmy car at the international centre. We only booked this place as a last minute thing due to availability, upon arrival we were greeted ( I use this term very loosely ) by the hotel manager, who had no personality whatsoever, he made no attemp to give us any information on things to do or even what time breakfast was. We made our way unto our room and couldn't believe our eyes ( or noses) it was terrible , the room stank of damp, there were cobwebs everywhere, the furniture looked like it belongs in a charity shop, the windows and curtains were filthy. As we were getting ready to go out I realised I had forgotten my toothbrush, not to worry I thought they state that you can purchase an overnight bag from reception, we went to reception and I asked the young ladie behind the desk if I could buy a toothbrush, she gave me a somewhat vacant look and replied in broken English, we don't sell teeth cleaner brush but the shop does.
We decided to buy one from the petrol station instead, we went and watched the show ( which was excellent, very funny) then returned to our hotel. We were both feeling a bit hungry so I suggested ordering the room service, to which we were told there was none, when I enquires why there was no room service the security guard said the welcome pack in our room was wrong ,there was a telco about half a mile away though if we didn't mind the walk, no thanks. The tv in our room was so old it only had four channels and was so small and badly positioned we couldn't make it out. In the morning we decided to give the shower a miss due to it being so dirty, and went down for breakfast instead. We we greeted by a number of eastern European women ( who were very polite and efficient) they took our order ( two full English breakfasts) .I'm a builder so I know a good breakfast when I see one, this was disgusting, so bad infect that we had to wait for the waitresses to go into the kitchen before making our escape to avoid the akward questions of why we hadn't eaten anything. The fried bread was a very dark brown and rock hard indicating dirty oil, the bacon was just dripping in fat, as was the egg, the tomato was stone cold , the sausage was full of grease and basically inedible. On checkout we were not even asked if there were any problems, or if we enjoyed our stay, this place was like fawlty towers without the fun, the decor is pure 1970s the staff were not very helpful and couldn't understand us, and at £100 per night was about £70 to dear per night, I would never stay at this place again and would have rather slept in my car ( which is more comfortable and a he'll of a lot cleaner), I understand this hotel is a hit with pensioners , and I can see why!!!

Room Tip: Do choose any in this place!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jk911
Reviewed 3 October 2011

The Burley Court Hotel holds a special place in my heart as I have been returning with my family for over 20 years! The staff are always extremely friendly and welcoming and can not do enough to make your stay enjoyable. The breakfast is fantastic and the standard of food never falters. Our room is always very comfortable and there is nothing more relaxing then lunch by the pool or an after dinner drink in the bar! The location is amazing and a very short walk from the sea and the town centre. Ideal for a relaxing mini break or a family holiday, we gladly see the same visitors each year as they return for a lovely holiday like ourselves, which I think says it all!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Susie S
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We booked a family room for a night and I had read the reviews before booking. I found the Manager and receptionist very pleasant on arrival, but when we checked into our room early evening - what a huge disappointment! The main light flickered and wouldn't stay on and the toilet seat was hanging off. The decor was like something out of the dark ages and the TV was round the corner from the main bed so there was no way you could watch TV in bed. Although the sheets looked clean, the old blankets and tapestry-like bed cover had seen better days, as well as the swirly carpet. None of my family wanted to use the tiny shower cubicle that didn't look very clean so in the end, we chose to drive home for 2.5 hours rather than stay. Doesn't that say something? After complaining and asking for a refund, the Manager did kindly refund our money which we were grateful for and had also said that he would put things right if we wanted to stay. Beware - the bedroom and bathroom photos on the website are VERY deceiving!

Room Tip: Don't ask for Room 2!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I had a really enjoyable one-night stay at the Burley Court Hotel and would definitely stay here again. The hotel is well located - with walking distance of the train station, the city centre, and the beach. The staff were very helpful and friendly indeed. I had to depart very early in the morning and yet was able to have a pleasant continental breakfast, courtesy of the night porter, just before 6am! My room was spacious and comfortable with a pleasant albeit slightly old-fashioned bathroom. In fact, I would say the only downside to this hotel is the slightly old-fashioned décor. All in all, I had a very pleasant stay indeed and would be delighted to stay again when next I visit Bournemouth.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo