“Dirty”

and 1 more site!
Burley Court Hotel
Ranked #57 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I have refrained from putting a review on as I was hoping that the refund promised would be made.
I stayed with my boyfriend for one night , the room was dirty , including the bedding and the bathroom.
The service was poor and when we tried to complain on check-out this was not received well, the comment "you did pay a lot for that room" did also come up.
Despite making numerous complaints , I am still awaiting a response and am very disappointed that this has not occured.
I travel to Bournemouth a few times a year , but will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Emma M
There are newer reviews for Burley Court Hotel

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We were over in England from the States recently visiting family and traveling around England. During our stay we had the opportunity to stay in many different places: in Wales, London and Bournemouth. This hotel stay was the highlight of our trip. The staff were very friendly and doted on our 7-year old girls. They made sure we had inter-connecting rooms, which was great. I don't usually write reviews of places, but saw some bad reviews that just don't gel with the experience we had. The breakfast was great - it's rare nowadays to find a well cooked English breakfast in hotels. We left breakfast so stuffed it carried us through lunchtime. We found the value of the accommodation to be really good, and Bournemouth was packed that weekend. It was so hot I thought we hadn't left California!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2013

For a place like Bournemouth to have a hotel in its mist like this one a real let down. Bournemouth is a gem of a place but this hotel is the pits. Be aware and avoid. Pillows stank of stale sweat and mattress too. I real mistake booking this place. And 180 pound for 2 nights for a twin room should have given us at least clean beds. It was that bad we never even attempted breakfast so can't comment on the food but elected to have a takeaway on the way to site. I really feel sorry for out elderly friends who may unfortunately book this hell hole.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Dizzy2007
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Friendly and efficient service upon arrival at reception. Hotel looked dated and basic but otherwise OK. However when we arrived at our rooms, a double with interconnecting twin, we were appalled by what we saw. At first it appeared just to be dated but as your eyes adjusted you realise it's much worse. The level of cleanliness was entirely unacceptable.
There was brown stains up the walls, stained bedding, yellow filthy bath, mouldy bathroom tiles and windows, and dust galore. We then noticed that the interconnecting twin (which was for my toddlers cot) had wires hanging out the wall, a broken latch on the window making it unlockable and a peeling crumbling wall.
As we had been away at my brothers wedding for 2 nights previously (staying in lovely place 20 minutes away at the same price) we needed to give my toddler and baby a bath and an early night. I didn't fancy the idea of climbing into the sunken beef one bit but I was not at all prepared to bath my children, esp my prem baby, in such filth and therefore quickly got on the internet to find alternative arrangements.
When I spoke to reception they were polite and helpful. They didn't however ask what the problem was or offer any solution. Instead the manager was contacted via the phone who offered an immediate refund, clearly something they do often. We ended up saving money and staying in a much more suitable hotel chain.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Skgig
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My partner and I decided on a night in Bournemouth to see a show so booked a room in hotel: First impression was good: polite service at reception, when we saw the room (no.29) it looked fine a bit tired and dated but light and airy, on closer inspection we noticed that the bathroom floor had not been cleaned there were bits all over it. On the window ledge of the bathroom there was human hair, this was covered in a cobweb, when I went to open a window in the room: behind the net cutain this was covered in black mould. There were cobwebs hanging from the ceiling and light fitting. Outside the room in the skylight there were big black cobwebs hanging down. We tried to have a cup of coffee, one of the saucers was dirty with dried in coffee spillage and a dirty teaspoon plus the milk was off . We reported all this to the receptionist who applogised but could not move us as no other rooms availble, there was no manager available until 4pm the following day so we were unable to discuss issues with them. We made contact on our return home but all our issues were dismissed by the manager and no apologies. As they advertise as having "a high standard of cleanliness" - we beg to differ. We disagree with previous reviews of there being plenty of food- 1 egg, 1 sausage 1 rasher of bacon & half a slice of fried bread is basic, as is cereal with no milk, fruit juice & no glasses. This is the first time I have felt the need to write a review on a hotel: this is mainly due to the lack of response from the hotel on issues they could have easily addressed either at the time or on our follow-up call.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather T
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My partner and I decided on a last minute trip and came across this lovely hotel. We were greeted warmly at reception, and were shown our way to our room and directed towards the restaurant.
The breakfast was lovely and was included in the price of our stay, I had initially thought that £11 for a breakfast when not included in the price of the stay was a bit steep, but once I had experienced it I could see why they charge that price!
The rooms were a bit dated, and the walls/maybe floor(???) we're a bit thin, but lovely, comfortable and spacious! The chamber maid was more than willing to give us all the milk, sugar and tea we wanted when we asked for a top up!
The hotel is 10 min walk and a few min drive away from the beach and town, with lots of shops and restaurants on offer, as well as the seaside and attractions! Would definitely recommend and would love to go back for a second stay :)

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Have just spent a very pleasant week at Burley Court. On arrival we were given a friendly and polite welcome and asked if we needed any assistance with luggage etc. I was travelling with my Mother who has some mobility issues, we were pleased to have a large twin room with a walk in shower. While the room was a bit old fashioned in decor, it was clean and comfortable and there was plenty of strorage space. We had booked for half board and enjoyed it all, the food is plain but well cooked and presented, of good quality and massive portions. The two young men who looked after the restaurant were very professional and pleasant and really keen to make sure that everything was to our liking.The hotel has a friendly, relaxed atmosphere, it may not appeal to all tastes due to the decor etc but we feel that good service, value for money and a desire to meet individual requirements without fuss are extremely important and that is what you will find at Burley Court.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family