“Rude receptionists- very dusty- cleaning neglected”
Review of Burley Court Hotel

Burley Court Hotel
Ranked #58 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
London, United Kingdom
“Rude receptionists- very dusty- cleaning neglected”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Poor customer service from all the females who done Duty on reception.
One was on her mobile phone
and the others had bad attitude.
There was dust everywhere in the hotel.
The room my sister stayed in- only half the room was hoovered.
The other half was left with hair all on the floor.
There was no towels.
So I had to run up to her room and take her one, as she only noticed after she came out of the show.

The rooms are very dated and most definitely needs updating.
Maybe a little bit of paint and clean tiles along with a new toilet roll holder which was broken and kept falling on the floor.
The bathroom absolutely stunk of urine.

I sent an email with my concerns but only got as a response was an apology and stating that action will be taken against the receptionists, but no offer of any type of compensation for a stay at a reduced rate or a refund for what we spent on two rooms.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ug0513

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Czech first
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Nothing good to say about this place but nothing too bad either. The location was good but the room was tired. The service was ok but the wifi was hopeless. All in all I'd rather stay somewhere else but the price was right (a last minute deal) and the room was clean and secure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank reb2811
Orpington
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel has a somewhat faded look, but the price is reasonable, the location is good and the staff friendly. It's an easy walk from the station, and to the town and the sea front. My room was clean and reasonably spacious, and had accessible power sockets, something not always guaranteed in much more expensive establishments. It also had the most feeble shower I have ever encountered, but despite that I still felt I was getting value for money.

Room Tip: It's on a busy road - if traffic noise bothers you ask from a room at the back.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Man-in-black-12
Templecombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

my wife and I stayed here 10/06/14,although the decor is very dated, the rooms are clean and the staff very friendly and efficient. The room we stayed in (room 2) was very large, clean and comfortable. It overlooked the terrace and pool. The hotel is very well situated with only a ten minute walk into the town and also a ten minute walk to the pier and beaches. It is also only a five minute walk to the east cliff lift. We will be returning to this hotel within the next few weeks and think that it provides great value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank poforex
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Positives:
Loved the location of the hotel to the beach and town.
We were allowed to check in 40 mins prior to our allocated time.
Great price

Negatives:
Very outdated in terms of decor.
Staff not very friendly.
Swimming pool was not open

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kat K
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

stayed here overnight so we could get an early ferry from southampton.

rooms were very dated and not up to much.

got up at 6am to get ferry and when turned the shower on found the water was stone cold.
we did not have time to do anything about it but mentioned it when we left.

i sent a complaint email to the manager and got the response that (I am very sorry. If you had just explained this when you checked in yesterday the problem would have been resolved. Our hot water is on a timer and it comes on at 6am. If the reception had known you were leaving at such an early hour then we could have adjusted the hot water to come on half an hour earlier. Most of our guests if they know they are going to check-out before the receptionist comes on duty at 7.45am will notify reception. In your case you said nothing, even when you came back in after your meal last night you said nothing about leaving early.If you had rang down to the nightporter when you found out there was no hot water he could have put it on for you.
If you feel that threatening us with reviews on tripadvisor is the course of action you want to take,then that is your perogative, but please remember to tell the complete story.)

DONT STAY HERE.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jgw87

Travellers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Me and my wife stayed here from 25/04/14 until 28/04/14 along with friends.The food in this hotel is excellent and the service we received from all the staff was greatly appreciated. Yes we would return to this Hotel again and I'm well traveled and this hotel ticks the boxes the only thing that does let it down is that it does not have lager on draft instead it's in can's but it's very pricey for them as well in all fairness. But Luke the manager I think he is said that when they have coach parties and when in the busy periods they do put draft beers on.We stayed in room 2 on the ground floor it was very big and clean. The bed was comfy for me and my wife also found the bed also ok. It's in a brilliant location right by the Town Centre as Well and a 10 minute walk to the Beach. Ignore the bad reviews as now I've had the experience of visiting this place you have nothing to worry about. The reason I have only gave it 4 on my overall stay is because of the lack of drinks on offer when we did stay other than that it was great. We had breakfast and evening meals here as well. I'll give the food 10/10 for quality. You go and enjoy it folks. We did.

Room Tip: Room 2 is a large room with a double bed and also a single bed.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple