“Not Irish but cracking”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Shamrock Bar
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This Bar is next door to the Bournemouth Sea front travelodge and many people talk about it in reviews so I thought it would be nice for them to have there own reviews instead of being added to the travelodge ones. I will be leaving a very nice reviews as soon as you accept my request thanks.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

So its named the shamrock but it's not irish themed. But is bright friendly and welcoming. Came in about 2 weeks ago at 2 times. in the morning there was a lovely woman who served me and my group breakfast couldn't do enough for us and very friendly. In the evening we all got served by a guy who was also cooking, and can i say the ribs were amazing. Not your usual babyback but proper full size ribs and home cooked. All the food was good but the fish and chips wern't great but fair play to the guy he did suggest the pub next door for fish as they own a chippie. Not the bussiest pub in the world but friendly good service and good food.

2  Thank stephen j

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The only people in this place on a Friday night at 10pm was a heavily pregnant lady and two blokes - terrible pub!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stopped in here for a couple of pints and a bite to eat whilst visiting Bournemouth for a few days.Very friendly bar staff, couldn't fault them. It was clean, including the toilets and the cider was cold! Cracking little pub. We only had some chilli chips to nibble on, but they were tasty enough and well priced. Its not a gastropub or anything posh, but if your happy to visit a Wetherspoons, then this will hit the spot too.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Whilst away this week in Bournemouth, on Wednesday Evening me and my friend popped in for a few games of pool. The following night I took my elderly mum in and she enjoyed watching the darts on the tele whilst I played on the fruit machines. Friendly staff on both nights and though I didn't have anything to eat, the menu looked very tempting.

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Entered the bar with three people at the entrance smoking. One was a bar person who didn't wash hands when served my beer. I looked at menu and there was no meals to do with a Irish theme. In the gent toilets where clean but shabby. Also signs for sport shown on tv in October it's now December. Tables where sticky also the place looks like it need a refit and brick work is showing plaster falling off. There is no Irish theme to this bar at all even the Guinness is on it own away from main bar area. I'm unlikely to visit this bar in future.