“Great hotel for hen party's”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Manchester Hotel

Manchester Hotel
Ranked #66 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Swindon
“Great hotel for hen party's”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Not as bad as the previous reviews makes out ,its a hotel that hen and stag organisers use so you get what you pay for ! The staff were lovely it was clean and comfortable and a good location to the town centre I'm sure the hotel would modernise it but if I were them I wouldn't bother. There's no fault with the hotel it's the odd few guests (stags) that ruin for the hotel . I woke up and someone and chucked their left over pizza over the hall and stairs , you can hardly blame that on the hotel !!! To be honest they must put up with a lot of crap I had a room at the front so it was very noisy as hotel guests were outside smoking and talking , my friends had rooms out the back and had a great night sleep . Breakfast was good and they had a great bar ! The only complaint for me was they don't advertise where the rooms are so you can wonder around for ages looking for your room but apart from that it was much better than I expected so give them a chance !

Room Tip: Room at back of hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Samantha C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
england
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Ok, lets start by saying I have just returned from a weekends stay here for my sister hen weekend.

We were expecting the worst after reading previous reviews. Well i don't think its any where near as bad as people have made out.
Yes its VERY old-fashioned and in need of a massive make-over but the beds are comfortable & in general the rooms were clean.

The breakfast was lovely, clean restaurant & they do have an FSA rating of 4.

Our main problems were... The first room one of our party was given was like a box and unbearably hot but when pointed out they were moved straight away ( i'm sure in the winter would be fine but we did go during a heat wave! ) The second problem was the shower that was broke in another friends room which i'm sorry to say was never sorted ( they ended up using our shower instead )

It's not a 5* hotel & never portrays to be that. You can see it's main use is for hen/stag parties. Every member of staff we came across was very polite & helpful. Checking in & out was easy. Noise was never a problem for us either. The room numbers are VERY confusing as they dont go in numerical order but once you have your bearings it's fine.

The bar is probably my most favorite in this hotel. We got home at aprox 1am & asked if it was open & they replied not at the moment but we can open it for you-and they did. It's a well stocked bar at reasonable prices & they put the music on for us & we had a game of pool with some other guest & were made to feel welcome for as long as we wanted to be there.

SO... all in all this hotel is fine for hen/stag parties or a bed to crash if your going out in bournemouth. Wouldn't recommend for a family stay but it i'm pretty sure years ago it was a fantastic hotel for families etc...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sami-mattyk
Leek
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed in hotel opposite from 29th June to 6th July. Noise from here both nights. Fights seem to be the norm. The residents have no respect for the people in surrounding hotels. I thought good manners and a sense of fun should be what a holiday is about. Not at the Manchester. Drunkeness and rowdy.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DTFerns
Winchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have stayed in a lot of hotels and hostels all around the world, however this was without a doubt the worse. The hotel is so outdated it is quite unbelievable, its like stepping back in time a few decades, but not in a good way.
The hotel is disgustingly dirty. We had to change out rooms because the first one had visible dirt all over the floor and on the basin. The second room was slightly better but still did not feel clean. Visible grey dirt around skirting boards etc.
The reception lady was very unfriendly and unhelpful, only interested in getting her deposit for damages to the room.
Breakfast was ok and staff at breakfast were very pleasant which was the only good aspect of the hotel.
Overall my advice is to avoid this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank lexxy1985
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Honest review coming up! Now im not one to ever really complain or leave reviews but if it saves anyone from staying in this hole then i will. Here goes.
Over priced!! I paid £43.50 a night to stay in this smelly, dated, disgusting "hotel".
On arrival the parking was awful.
Reception greeting was poor. With no mention of breakfast times or directions of the room, the only interest for them was thier £50 refundable damage deposit. Down stairs is extremely dated and run down. After check in we tried the lift which was broken...so 3 floors up dont know how many flights or stairs or narrow corridoors later (the place is a maze) we get to our room.. not too bad i thought! Tiny TV with no remote but never mind. Until i sat on the bed and and it rocked from side to side! Sleeping on it was terrible and the pillows were just as bad, not to mention stained bed sheets.. I attempted to have a shower... (basic requirement dont cha think?) No! It was a bath attachment. With no where to to hook the shower! Nevermind i thought! I'll hold it... then i turned it on and a..
No word of a lie.. dribble came out of the head.. i consulted reception and my complaint seemed to fall on deaf ears! and to be told the hotel doesnt advertise showers, only baths. Okay ill have a bath! Ran the bath to get a tempreture of just over 2'c... it was cold! I walked in to the.. not restaurant...the room were you eat food.. took one look and thought id opt for a mcdonalds brekkie instead. Not all doom and gloom though most staff are friendly enough and the location is brilliant, walking distance to town and beaches. The bedroom was re stocked with clean towels. For £87 for 2 nights it was a pleasant stay. On departure i asked the reception lady would she like my thoughts on the hotel? She wasnt bothered really quite rude and didnt really care when i told her this would be a bad review. Judging by everyone else's comments why change a habit of a lifetime! So much more hotels around that area for better quality and less money! If every single other hotel is booked up in bournemouth but this one.. still dont stay here. I will never re visit.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Gary B
Poole, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I held my wedding reception at this Hotel on the 28th May 2014 , we had a lovely day in the hotels function room and the staff was just great and could not do enough for us . The food was cooked by the hotel chef and it was to a high standard and enjoyed by all my guest so much so there was none left , I had provided all the food and the hotel chef cooked it , There is plenty of parking at the hotel and a pay and display car park nearby too . Its is also close to the seaside and the Bournemouth International Centre for shows , in fact its close by to most things . I did not stay there so cant comment on the rooms or Breakfast , But i was happy with what i did see .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here with the lads from work on my mates stag do Saturday 17th May 2014. We didn't choose this hotel our night was booked via the stag company.

I've looked at all the reviews and this hotel has been slated! Let's face it the hotel is used for stag and hen party's so if you want a spa go elsewhere if your just after a bed and shower book here!

I was in room 28 with my mate 2 singles, Room was dated but it had a shower that worked fine. I see reviews here about bed not being comfy I couldn't tell you if it was or not as we had plenty to drink so I don't even remember getting in it! We had plenty of room to get ready and even had our friends cone to our room before we went down to the bar!

The bar was good and very cheap.

All the staff were very friendly and helpful.
I didn't have breakfast but one of the guys who was in our party did and couldn't fault it.

So if you're going away with the lads/girls and just want a safe bed for the night crack on and choose this hotel it's cheap and cheerful!

One bum note for me was I forgot my phone charger I did phone the hotel to ask them to check for it but they couldn't find it? (Maybe the cleaner had a iPhone and needed a new charger?) but hey I won't do that again lesson learnt!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 28 it was ok but my mate had the disabled room to the left of reception that room w...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends