See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I stayed at the Waterside for 9 nights whilst doing a course in Bournemouth. Sheila and Paul made me feel very welcome during my stay. It is a lovely spacious house situated on a quiet road. The Breakfasts were great and nothing was too much trouble if you wanted something different. The Waterside is ideally located with lovely beaches just yards away or great cafes and Deli's close by too. I would definitely recommend The Waterside to anyone looking for an excellent Guesthouse with welcoming hosts. I wish Sheila and Paul all the best in the future.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Wow - From the minute we walked through the front door, we felt as though we had been there for years and were family friends. The room was lovely, and the breakfast was very good. Location is great. We would recommend it to friends and we will definitely be returning. We wish Sheila & Paul every success in their new venture.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sue186363
Reviewed 16 October 2012

My wife and I stayed three nights at the The Waterside and very much enjoyed the experience.It is a very beautiful period house,comfortably furnished.good bed and lovely period dining room and a good variety of breakfast foods.I Hope to stay there again on my next visit to Bournemouth and would recommend it to family and friends.

Room Tip: The superior rooms are great value, extremely spacious with a lovely corner window area which has seating and a small coffee table.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Sheila the owner welcomed us very warmly and showed us to our room, which was really comfortable and nicely decorated. Breakfast was good too, with a great variety of cereal and fruit next to a full English breakfast menu. Also the location of the B & B seems perfect. It is quiet to sleep and only 5 minutes walk to the beautiful beach of Southbourne. We had a great time and will definitely come back soon!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We stayed in 'The Waterside' for two nights in August. We were slightly disappointed. First, our room was very small, almost claustrophobic. OK, we didn't go there to sit in a hotel, so it wasn't such a big deal.. but little things like bathroom door that wouldn't shut properly, toilet seat which was all around the place, small and noisy shower with a curtain sticking to your body when you are having a shower made our stay slightly less comfortable then we expected.
Yes, the owners are very friendly and helpful, but my overall impression was that it wasn't 100% value for money. We wouldn't stay again.

Room Tip: Not the one on a top floor in the left corner, unless you are a hobbit.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple