“Fantastic Hen Evening!”

Little Pickle Deli Cafe
Ranked #40 of 759 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Little Pickle Deli Cafe is a family friendly cafe. We serve fresh, locally sourced food, homemade sausage rolls, steak pies and glorious cakes as well as sandwiches, burgers and breakfasts.
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hen Evening!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I arranged my best friend's Hen weekend in Bournemouth and Little Pickle provided the perfect place for a relaxed gathering on the Friday evening. The cafe has a beautiful vintage style, with lovely décor, pretty lighting and a very welcoming feel.
Karen was a great help with all of the organising leading up to the event and was happy to provide a bespoke menu that the Hen loved!
Andrew hosted the evening and served beautiful food throughout the night and topped up our glasses with the bubbly they allowed us to bring along. Andrew made the evening really special and happily joined in with all of the silly games we had planned.
I really can't thank Karen and Andrew enough, they made the whole evening extra special, a perfect venue for a small private function, with great quality food that doesn't cost the earth.
I must also mention that the desserts were fantastic - thanks Little Pickle! :)

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Han_Eebs
karenmerry, Owner at Little Pickle Deli Cafe, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
We are so glad everyone enjoyed their night at The Pickle especially Miss Pickle :-)

“Gorgeous fresh food!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I have visited and equally as impressed. The menu is unique, food is fresh, tasty and everything appears to be homemade. My family were visiting the area and really impressed.
Lovely homemade cakes too and they do catering and you can order picnic hampers for the day.
The location on a busy boscombe high street is not somewhere I go frequently but the cafe is so nice I will go out my way to visit this fantastic find

“Lovely Cafe”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Visited Little Pickle a few months ago after hearing great things from friends and I wasn't disappointed.

We had the burgers with local blue cheese and they were great - juicy, full of flavour and with a really tasty bun (I've been experiencing severe 'bun disappointment with gourmet burgers recently so this was a turn up for the books!). They came with homemade pickles and lovely rustic shoestring chips. I also had some iced tea with elderflower, which was nice.

No room for cake this time but all of the deli and cake selection looked great and we'll be returning for tea and cake soon!

The cafe's decor is quite shabby-chic with lots of comfy cushions, a jumble of tables and vintage china. Only thing I would say is that there wasn't many tables but it's a small, local place so that's to be expected.

As silly as it sounds, I find a lot of local cafes and delis in the area to be quite pretentious and unwelcoming. Little Pickle is the antidote to this and I highly recommend stopping in for something tasty!

• Visited May 2014
karenmerry, Manager at Little Pickle Deli Cafe, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Thank you and so glad you liked the burgers, come back for cake soon!!
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Nice simple place to have a snack and coffee/tea”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have not sampled their breakfast, but I am sure it will be very good. The teas and cakes are excellent and they have created a nice atmosphere. It is a clean and relaxing place to have a snack or more. The staff give a personal service. Recommended.

• Visited May 2014
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“My absolute favourite place to go”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I've lived in Bournemouth for little over 4 years - and been a chef for the entire time - and can say without a doubt that this family run cafe with head chef Andrew is my favourite place to go and eat good, healthy and home-made food in a relax atmosphere. You guys are awesome!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Peter-Paul L
Thank you for such a great review, honoured to be your favourite!!