“Simply Good Food”
Review of Alex's Eatery - CLOSED

Alex's Eatery
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of Lansdowne, we are often referred to as 'a hidden gem'. We are passionate about what we do, we offer fresh local, honest food, based on Mediterranean style diet. Alex is always happy to create dishes to meet special requirements. We also specialise in Gluten and Wheat free options and have many innovative vegetarian dishes on the menu. Eat in or take-away.
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Whilst in Bournemouth I took the opportunity to have a late lunch.

Alex was the perfect host & recommended the Lamb dish as the "house speciality".

My wife & I took her advice & the lamb was simply delicious & an excellent sized portion.

1  Thank Charles M

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Had a breakfast meeting here, the breakfast was of great quality, quantity and price. Thoroughly enjoyed.

1  Thank Oakleaf2000
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

How can we say thanks enough?

We were completely at home for our most special wedding reception experience - I'm more than sure that you will not get such a personalised and exceptional experience anywhere in the world.

It's not just us (the bride & groom) who were positively surprised & delighted - but the words of our family & friends - quoting, this was the best wedding they've ever been to!

Alex you exceeded all expectations of presentation and making us all feel so welcome & relaxed.

You offered unbeatable value and class, we love every time coming for our occasional Saturday cooked hearty breakfast (the best in town!) and our wedding.

We are still struggling to find words to express our thanks and gratitude - we love you Alex - and your food & service and all the many special touches! :-)

Louis & Diana

2  Thank Strobia
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Ordered a chicken & bacon baguette, there must have been a typo on the menu as it was in fact a chicken baguette. The waitress, who was very understanding, said she would ask the kitchen to get some bacon. Moments later, Alex (the owner), marched out with a tub of raw bacon. She was extremely rude, ranting that she puts a slice of bacon into each baguette, she carried on to explain that if there wasn't enough bacon in mine it would have been because the bacon that she cooked was fatty and therefore she removed the fat and put what was left into my baguette. I said that I fully appreciated the fact that she removed the fat but if she felt that as a result there wasn't enough bacon, she could have cooked more or purchased a better quality. To my amazement she suggested that the bacon could have fallen on the floor on route and offered to look for it, upon declining she then said she would take 10 pence off of the bill. After which I asked her to remove herself so I could continue eating my baconless baguette, I thought it unfair of her to flaunt a whole tub of bacon in front of me bearing in mind the situation. Moments later I heard Alex shouting at the waitress for offering to fulfil my order. I paid in full and left never to return.

1  Thank Mike R
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Do not be mistaken by its name. Good Food is far from what me and my 2 colleges received. The inital welcome was plesant, we ordered drinks and food as seemed to be a nice atmosphere. Our food was delievered only for one of the sandwiches to have a sliver of bacon. We pointed it out to the waitress who agreed going back into the kitchen to ask them to put some more on. To our amazement out stormed 'Alex' carrying a tub full of uncooked bacon, Alex then started shouting which put all customers on edge, claiming that 1 slice of bacon is provided for each sandwich and it isn't her fault if it becomes smaller than she orginally expected (obviously she doesn't take well to someone critisising her food). Alex then offered to remove 10p from the bill which was a complete insult seeing it was a £4 sandwich. Being business men ourselves we asked her to leave us in peace after agreeing to pay for the sandwich. Once Alex returned to the kitchen she began another argument with our waitress (who may i add was very plesant throughout) and again made everyone feel uncomfortable in her 'Restaurant'.

I believe Alex reacted in this way towards us because as its a Friday, we weren't in our usually suits + ties, she thought she could talk down to us, and be quite frankly, out right rude.

3  Thank Jonathan H