Review Highlights
One night break with spa treatment

What can I say ? Husband and I stayed two nights and had two treatments each. On the first day we... read more

Reviewed 20 August 2020
978julieb
Horsham, United Kingdom
via mobile
Great value for money

After my plans for my boyfriends 30th birthday were cancelled (a trip to mexico vs Covid-19!) I... read more

Reviewed 21 March 2020
kfisher92
Southampton, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Bournemouth
from US$45.53
from US$19.92
from US$198.01
from US$76.83
More Info
All reviews relaxation room full body massage sauna and steam room glass of prosecco course meal facilities manicure fab
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 October 2019 via mobile

Visited the Bluewater Spa a few times for massages and absolutely love their massages. Really great, relaxing atmosphere and treatment room. There aren't not too many double treatment rooms in Bournemouth so great they can offer that. The massage was really relaxing and a great experience all round with some time to relax afterwards in the Relaxation Room. Would recommend!

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed 12 September 2019

This must be my 5th (or maybe 6th) Spa Day at the Connaught Hotel's Bluewater Spa.
I went on a Groupon Deal which is very good value.
Coffee on arrival, then a session in the gym, then a swim, use of sauna & steam room (jacuzzi was sadly out of action).
Very nice 2 course lunch in the newly refurbished Brasserie.
Then back to the pool area.
Then I had a 50 minute full body massage which was excellent.
Then a little rest in the relaxation room before my drive home.
I thoroughly enjoyed my day & can't wait for my next one.

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank christine b
Reviewed 4 September 2019

We went to this hotel SPA for a weekend away.
The SPA is good, there is everything you need. It's not very big and only 6 beds around the pool.
The first day the jacuzzi wasn't working, the second day everything was in working order.
I had a treatment, neck, shoulder and back massage.
The lady who gave the massage, Elena, wasn't very friendly. She never looked at me when asking question. After the massage started she ask me if the pressure was ok. As she asked I replied she could increase the pressure if she could. Her reply was 'this is a Swedish massage not a sport massage'.
That definitely ruined for me. If she asked a question she could expect any reply.... I don't think that was a very kind thing to say and might need to revise the customer service manual as soon as possible.

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank Silvia246
Reviewed 14 August 2019

I booked a spa day for myself and a friend back in May. As busy ladies juggling careers and small children, we had been looking forward to some relaxation for a long while. Unfortuntately, on the morning of the spa day my daughter became ill and it quickly became clear that I wouldn't be able to go. My friend called the spa and left a message at 6.30am to alert them to this fact - could they please contact her to discuss possible options. There was no return phone call. Eventually someone answered the phone and said nothing opened until 9.30am. (Despite us being told to be sure to arrive at 9am.) When she explained the situation she was told in no uncertain terms that either she stayed by herself for her treatment and use of the spa facilities or she left - there was no room for discussion and no option to re-schedule for a later date. Obviously a cancellation policy has to be in place, and exceptions cannot be made, despite the circumstances, but what I object to is the tone that was used by the member of staff and the lack of empathy or understanding. Surely in the hotel industry the aim is to satisfy customers and try to accomodate them as far as possible, not be rude, blunt and have an air of "I can't be bothered"? Last year we went to the Hilton in Bournemouth for a similar spa day and we will be returning there again as the level of customer service was far, far greater and we left feeling valued, rather than simply a nuisance.

1  Thank Kelly T
Reviewed 23 July 2019

I had never been for a massage on my own but following some recent neck and upper back pain I thought I'd treat myself. Andrea was perfect and my neck hasn't hurt since. And there were even nibbles to follow. A lovely way to spend my lunch break.

Date of experience: July 2019