“Too big too soon” 2 of 5 bubbles

Bellaggio
Ranked #14 of 729 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Too big too soon”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We were celebrating a special birthday and thought we would visit again as we enjoyed it so much last time. Unfortunately it was not good. It took an hour for starters and an hour for our second course. Even the pizza wasn't how I ordered it and not even an apology. The venue is now double the size but the same size kitchen, too big too soon. Either suspend the take always on busy nights or get a bigger kitchen.

May not return as so disappointed

• 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Andy P

• Turkish first
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had friends down from London and as it was Bank Holiday thought we would try somewhere different, checked Tripadvisor and saw that the reviews were good, and thought we would give it go, but wish we had not bothered. Great looking place, and lovely atmosphere, but the food was very disappointing.

1 Thank ChrisBrown1965
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I phoned the restaurant to book a table and was told they were full but can do takeaway but they don't have a menu on the website so come down and take away will be 10 minutes. We went straight there, ordered, and we're told again the food will be 10 minutes. There was nowhere to sit or stand so we waited in the car. 30 minutes later the food was still not ready. The horrible rude little man then told me it will be another 15 minutes and to leave if I wanted to...... Which of course I did! The waitress told me they had no chance of doing my order soon as they had a wedding party of pizza's to do and couldn't cope with the demand. The man who lied to me on the phone and in the restaurant I believe is the owner, who, through his greed and disgusting attitude has lost good business from myself and many others!!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank H M D
“The definition of a great restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

A perfect menu at very reasonable prices. I had tagliatelle with salmon which was the best pasta I ever had for only £8! Staff were incredibly friendly and the environment is the perfect balance of smart and casual. The food is second only to restaurants in Italy. This warranted a £10 tip on a £25 bill! I will be back again and again.

2 Thank John G
“WOW WOW WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Excellent, probably the best pizza and pasta outside of Italy. Fantastic pizza my favourite is the calzoni..........I think that's spelt correctly? Décor since they expanded is great - a real feeling of a Taverna ............great atmosphere and very friendly owner and staff. Only problem is now that I have raved on about it I will probably not be able to get in................ENJOY!!

• Visited April 2014