“Unappetising”

Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Northbourne. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Bournemouth’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Joined friends to try Toby Breakfast. Price sounded good. We arrived around 10am, had to pay for the food before eating, told to find a table ( among numerous filthy dirty cluttered ones),.
We went up to the "Carvery" well there were 2 trays of eggs stacked on top of each other (looking like they had been there for sometime), the sausages looked partly cooked, beans congealed. I took 1 egg,a sausage, some of the potato& bacon & a tomato. The egg was the consistency of rubber & tasteless ( this was agreed by my fellow diners) the sausage likewise.
We left leaving most of our "breakfast"
Its unlikely we will risk this again

Toby Carvery R, Guest Support at Toby Carvery Northbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your visit to Toby Carvery. We have replied to you personally as it is our aim to give every customer the very best experience possible, and your feedback will help up to achieve this.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We were in Bournemouth to visit a friend who is very unwell and in a nursing home. Had coffee with her husband and went here because it was convenient - not expecting too much. We arrived just after noon and the place was half full with the discerning crinklies.

The carvery was excellent - 4 meats all tender and well - at least 5 vegetables - none were tired and all hot. Do not know how they do it for £5.99

Toby Carvery R, Guest Relations Manager at Toby Carvery Northbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

We are always happy to know that we have provided a good experience for our guests, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I came this evening with my mother and grandparents, we asked our server if my Grandfather could have a child sized carvery as he is currently on recovery from a large operation and cannot each much at all. When she returned she told us her manager would not allow that as the carvery is "loved for being for everyone". We were therefore charged a full priced adult carvery for half a plate's worth. What surprised me the most was when my grandfather and I left we passed our server and our manager who cheerfully thanked us, but as soon as we had passed "thanks for nothing" was bitterly said after us, to which my grandmother heard. Really disappointed.

1  Thank Jamie B
karaluff, Manager at Toby Carvery Northbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Hi, I very rarely respond to reviews because I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion. However on this occasion I feel in necessary to respond. There seems to have been a miscommunication somewhere. My waitress explained the child Carvery is for children under ten and the beauty of a Carvery Is you can help yourself to as much or as little as you like. He obviously took this into account as he ate is dinner and helped with pudding.
And when you left I did say good but very cheerfully as that's what I say to everyone but never did I follow that with 'thanks for nothin'. I am very sorry but on this occasion I was miss heard. I smiled at your grandfather a few times an he smiled back and I would never be so bitter. Again apologise if this is what you thought you heard. But I honestly would never say something so spiteful.
Should you want to speak to me personally about this please call. I am in most
Days. I'd be happy to speak with you.
Many thanks
Kara

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Visited for lunch with my husband and very elderly father. We were quickly seated, and ordered drinks. we all had starters which were just the right size, whetted your appetite for the main course. which was excellent. choice of four meats, and lovely fresh veg. We were not rushed, there were no hovering waiters hurrying us along. It was a very pleasant experience and would deffinately go there again.

Toby Carvery R, Guest Relations Manager at Toby Carvery Northbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you very much for choosing to visit us and for leaving your kind review on Trip Advisor. It is wonderful when we receive such good feedback and we have sent you a personal response.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We have been to the local Toby's a few times and usually they are at least edible, but on this visit the food was poor, the potatoes in particular were very under done. The people on the table next to us walked out after a few mouthfuls and demanded their money back. After we left my partner was sick in the car park. Hopefully just an unlucky night, but will be reluctant to use again.

2  Thank johnnyboyDorset

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your disappointing visit to Toby Northbourne. We have replied to you personally as it is our aim to give every customer the very best experience possible.