“I thoroughly recommend BFCC for value, quality, service and atmosphere.”

Bournemouth Flying Club Licensed Bar & Cafe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I drove a party of fourteen elderly clients to BFCC today. This is one of those places that should definitely have pictures of their food on the menu; you read through and think hmm! these prices are a tiny bit north of reasonable, and then you see the mountainous portions and appealing presentation, and realise why. The staff are helpful and friendly, even when everyone wanted to pay individually. Service was speedy even though the place was rammed. There was a broad range of meals, and my sausage, mash, onion gravy and peas was a very pleasant meal which sadly I lacked the capacity to finish. The view of the runway was an added bonus, with the option to sit outside in better weather. The restaurant and toilets were spotless. I intend to try their breakfast before too long. It would help if they put their menu on their website.

lcharlton, Manager at Bournemouth Flying Club Licensed Bar & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Thank you for your review, It was a pleasure to serve you all and we are delighted you enjoyed the experience.
We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Lin Charlton
Café manager

Reviewed 3 March 2014

A friend recommended that we try out the Bournemouth Flying Club Cafe as we'd never been before - What a great little find! We stopped by for breakfast and the food is cracking, far better than I expected if I'm honest. You don't even have to be a plane enthusiast to appreciate the novelty of the location. It's an amazing place to spend the morning and the food is a bonus!

We are glad you enjoyed your recent visit... Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

On a wet raining day we discovered this little cafe and was pleasantly surprised. Great food, not a massive choice but the beef bap was jolly nice. It's more of a location type place as the aviation is on your doorstep, which is largely unique and defiantly the main draw, but then the clue is in the title!

Will defo go again on a more pleasant day, and have a breakfast which looks good also.

A vey convivial day. Thankyou.

lcharlton, Manager at Bournemouth Flying Club Licensed Bar & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

We are glad you found us and thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We look forward to seeing you soon for breakfast.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

BFC Bar 10 years ago was an unremarkable and typical club bar offering drinks and few hot snacks, open to club members but used by many workers at the Airport. Now it has a stylish open plan and well-appointed cafe serving delicious home cooked food with daily specials plus it has a veranda which overlooks the taxiway and main runway so a great place on a sunny day to have a cool drink and watch the aircraft antics. You can have a drink and main for £15 a head so reasonable value. From October 2013 they are offering a Sunday roast. You can also book the cafe for private functions after 6pm. Parking can be an issue and you won't get near the place during the Bournemouth Airshow.

1  Thank DoctorFeelgoodDorset
Reviewed 20 September 2013

It was the second time I had visited this venue and my opinion hasn't changed.
The attitude of the lady taking orders at the counter could have been more people friendly, a smile can go along way.
We waited over 30 mins for a panini and fries, (our second lunchtime choice as the jacket spuds had already been devoured). Along with a few other hungry customers, I enquired where our food was. We were told that one of the panini's had been dropped, I can't think what excuse the other people waiting got, but there was no real sincere apology or compensation for the long wait and by now we had drunk our drinks!!
The food is good and price is fair but if it didn't have the location I don't think it would last as the front of house lacks any professional standards.

4  Thank Kingoftheroad35
lcharlton, Manager at Bournemouth Flying Club Licensed Bar & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

In response to your review we are a very busy cafe /bar on a daily basis, however the day you were in we were a member of staff down due to illness.. We pride ourselves on freshly cooked food and customer service so I was very surprised to read your review and find you were disapointed with your visit.

My staff are employed with a customer service background and are normally friendly to everyone. I will look into this though.
We have a very large loyalty card customer base and our customers accept at busy times there may be a wait for food. With regard to JP's they are baked in the oven daily and on average we sell 8-9 a day. To keep the standard of food at it's best we only cook what we expect to use that day. It was an unusually high demand on that day for JP's and we had sold out.

I recall apologising and explaining to you with regard to your panini being dropped and a fresh one was being cooked for you. So again I was surprised to read that no apology or explanation had been given.

We do have a unique location and welcome all our customers to enjoy the view, the food and the service and we hope to see you back soon. Lin Charlton, Cafe Manager