“Best carbonara ever”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Came here to watch the planes and decided to order some lunch. My father and I ordered carbonara with chicken, I have to say it's the best I have ever had. Loads of chicken , huge portion and delicious!!! Will definitely be coming again.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I visited this establishment, along with a friend of mne who had not been before, for the second time, yesterday. (July 16 2014).We had driven down from West London, in order to visit several airports/airfields, for our hobby. From experience, I know the food would be good & service friendly.

This trip was no exception. The weather was perfect, so we sat outside. I went in to order two Aviator Breakfast's, both of which were both freshly prepared & brought outside to our table. I also ordered a filter coffee for myself & a diet coke for my friend.

The quality of the food was excellent, was very well prepared & served with a friendly smile (always a welcome change).

Onsite parking is fine, although it can get a little croweded in that area at times.

If you are an aviation enthusiast, this is a perfect location to see the arrivals & departures, & there are good photo opportunities too.

I'd have no qualms in recommending the Bouremouth Flying Club Licensed Bar & Cafe to anyone.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

No matter how good the food, or the view or even the quality of the environment, it all counts for nothing when one is met with an officious, abrupt & unfriendly manner which is exactly what happened to me, my guests and their three year old daughter.

As a pilot and passionate aviator, I have a long term (10 year) attachment to this establishment but no longer I'm afraid.

It was a Sunday afternoon. We all arrived for a late lunch and bought sandwiches, cakes and drinks for us all. We arrived just before 4pm.

At 16:45, I took my guests and their little girl to see one of the aircraft that I have on occasions flown. but then, as we were about to enter the apron, a Ryan Air 737 taxied to the runway and the little girl became so excited by it, we agreed to abandon the small plane and let her watch the 'big noisy one' as she calls them.

By now it was 16:55. We re-entered the cafe to return to the patio so that she could hear the roar and watch it roll along the runway when we were met with the most belligerent and officious example of dis-service I have ever experienced.

Notwithstanding, there were still other people n the patio area, we were refused access, The member of staff told us, 'We are closing'. I explained that I know they are but we only wanted to allow the little girl time to see the take off. ( about 30 seconds). We were still refused and told that she (the member of staff) wanted to lock the doors. She walked towards us and ushered us out of the building. We missed the take off.

For the life of me, I cannot imagine why a child could be denied what would have been an enormous pleasure for the sake of just 30 seconds. I understand that closing time is closing time, especially after a long day. I clearly explained why we were going back in but the individual just didn't listen, talked over me and pushed us out.

I spoke to the individual at the time and expressed my disgust. I got nowhere. She merely defended her position. therefore, I posted it on my extensive social media and I am doing so here.

In general, this establishment is worth a visit, just know that anywhere near closing time, you are not welcome, no matter how much money one has spent there over the years!

15  Thank PB_Direct_Ops
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Excellent food, we both had fresh baguette. The service is excellent. It is lovely view of bournmouth airport runway. Can see plane takeoff and landing.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Since visiting by chance about 2 years ago, we have been regulars here especially for breakfast or Sunday lunch. The food is always outstanding and the service impeccable. The attention to detail and cleanliness is also always really top-notch, even at busy times. Being able to see some beautiful planes, is simply a bonus!
I always highly recommend to everyone, and I don't know anybody who has not loved it, and returned.