“Ladies spa weekend away”

Hallmark Hotel Spa and Leisure Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy an invigorating workout in the gym or be pampered by an experienced therapist at our Health club Bournemouth. The Hallmark Spa Hotel Bournemouth has extensive facilities including: Relaxing indoor swimming pool, 2 spa pools, Sauna, Steam room, Jacuzzi, Aromatherapy cave, Relaxation lounge, 4 beauty treatment rooms, Gym area with NEW Matrix CV machines, Extensive free weights area, Full range of resistance stations, Aquafit classes every Monday 10am & Thursday 11am. FREE to members, £3 for non-members Personal training sessions available 7 days a week (from £25-35 per hour) BUY 2 SESSIONS GET 1 FREE!Spa Hotel Bournemouth Opening times: Fitness Centre 7.00 am – 9.30 pm, Open 7 days a week. Last entry 9.00 pm Health Spa 8.00 am – 7.30 pm, Open 7 days a week, Last entry 7.00 pm.
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

We booked our trip away to the Hallmark hotel for a family girlie spa weekend. Bournemouth is such a lovely location for shopping, beaches and bars. We booked through Spa Break Direct on a package deal that included, two nights accommodation, breakfast (buffet style, full English), fluffy robe and slippers for the duration of your stay, a spa treatment and 20% Off your evening meal in the hotel restaurant. It looked amazing online. On arrival at the hotel we was greeted by friendly staff who showed us to our rooms. These were not the standard twin rooms shown online but ok. Sadly the robes and slippers were not available as they had run out. This took the edge of a spa pamper weekend as we had not brought our own and had to walk through the hotel in our suits and a towel to the spa! (The robes did turn up the next day along with the slippers) The Spa was lovely it had a pool, hot tub, Sunna, steam room, chill out area and treatment rooms. We had all booked in treatments and was very excited to get started. Sam the Spa reception lady had kindly done us all our own schedules so we didn't miss our slots. She was fantastic and very helpful when booking our treatment before our stay. The beauty therapists were also great, very helpful and skilled in there job. The only thing that let the treatment rooms down was the showers in the rooms didn't work. It wouldn't have been a problem but if you had a mud wrap or any other kind of messy treatment you had to walk out to the main spa shower and wash it off, kind of embarrassing. Indian Head massage was amazing. Book in advance as it is always the first to get booked up. Fantastic time in the Spa, thank you ladies we look forward to seeing you all again soon. The hotel staff were lovely and very helpful. Food was amazing both at breakfast and in the evening in the restaurant. Defiantly returning back, hopefully in March.

1  Thank Vicky R
All reviews
"aromatherapy cave"
in 9 reviews
"finger sandwiches"
in 3 reviews
"nice selection of sandwiches"
"robes and slippers"
in 4 reviews
in 5 reviews
"good size"

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Went here with friends for a spa day during half term and had a wonderful day. I agree with others that treatments were cut short by 5 mins which was disappointing and in some cases not quite what we expected. In particular the salt scrub 3 of my friends had did not have the use of aromatherapy oils that was in the description. My treatments were perfect; I had the facial and back massage, both were amazing! We had a lovely lunch in the bar served by very pleasant staff. The overall facilities were lovely and relaxing but changing rooms were a bit small and narrow with only one loo and one shower and not enough lockers for everyone to have one. We had been told it was a quiet day so must be a real problem on busy days. Overall I had a wonderful day and would really recommend the spa experience at the hallmark hotel. All staff were really lovely, good job everyone. Xx

1  Thank Debby1606
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I have no idea where the website photos come from, but it's certainly not this hotel. Travelled on business and booked well in advance. One arrival told my room had been changed. I was in room 82 which was basically a cupboard. Room smelt dank. Didn't think any hotels still used blankets. Bedding smelt musty. Walls are paper thin, so was still awake at 01.00 due to next room's TV & talking. Room was cold & heating was minimal. Bathroom had 2 light bulbs not working plus another missing. Unable to shower as the water pressure was non existent. Went to breakfast at 08.15 food was barely warm. People allowed into restaurant wearing their pyjamas and others in dressing gowns - assume they were en route to the spa. Commented on check out and no apology or attempt of an apology. All of this for £105 b&b. Would rather have stayed at the Premier Inn!! Will not return or recommend!!

1  Thank labramad
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This was my second visit to the Hallmark Hotel Spa and I went with a friend using a Travelzoo voucher (£35 for 2 x 30 minute treatments, 'lunch' and use of spa facilities). I suppose you get what you pay for, but we were a little disappointed. On a positive note, the treatments were lovely - however, I think they edged towards 20/25 minutes rather than the full 30. The spa however was so busy. The changing room is terrible, very narrow, there were more people than lockers, one shower with rubbish water pressure and one toilet... not really a relaxing spa experience, we decided to go home wet and covered in chlorine so we could get out of there quicker!

The lunch that came with the voucher was a bit insulting, I have done a lot of these voucher deals and usually the lunch is of a similar standard to the normal menu, not in this case. We had been briefed from a friend that the sandwich would arrive on value white bread, so we had requested brown, but even then it was pretty naff. The main hotel menu states 'rustic bread rolls, kettle chips etc.' - but not for the voucher lunch eaters!

The spa facilities are good - there is a nice sized pool with sauna, steam room, aromatherapy cave and Jacuzzi - but something was generally lacking. All of the rooms could do with having the temperature increased a degree or two, at times we were chilly (including in the treatment rooms) - you don't want to feel chilly in a spa! The relaxation room was particularly cold and it doesn't help that you have to sit on wet beds from pervious people. The staff were friendly and helpful, but generally it felt like they had booked in too many people and everything could do with a bit of an over-haul. We had a nice enough day but I have been to far better spas in the area and I wouldn't recommend it.

1  Thank Katie P
See more reviews
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

I visited the spa with 5 others on a groupon deal where we received spa facility use and afternoon tea in the hotel! We then paid extra to have a treatment in the spa each. We have nothing bad to say about the actual facilities they were clean were all working so that part we were happy with. However when it came to our treatments we were extremely disapointed!! We filled out our consultation forms and were left sat in the waiting room for a while before we were taken in! I checked my phone and it was already 11.05 and we were meant to be taken in at 11 but we understood things can run behind. We were taken in and then left to change. The actual treatments were ok however I heard the therapist leave the room next door where my friends treatment was taking place and then shortly after heard my friend leave the room. At this point my treatment was till taking place and finished a few minuets later! Once my treatment finished I got up and chaned and then checked the time again and it was only 11.26!! Meaning that my treatment had been under 20mins long! And my friends being around 15mins! When we were paying £27 per treatment we expected the full 25mins! This ruined our experience and we shall not be returning because of this!!!

1  Thank A072013